What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

brit wrote:Ys is sooo good! >D

Lately I've just been playing my Story of Seasons game file.
Yeah, I've just beaten all 3 routes of Origin so at the moment I've now beat 1, 2, and Origin. Oath in Felghana is next on the list. Music is killer. XD
-Nobi

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

I started replaying Metroid Prime again. Also picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening and yesterday and played it some last night. Amazing game so far!
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I started playing Return to PopoloCrois on the 3DS. :D

Nobiyuki77 - They're all such good games. My favorite is Ys Seven. I'm still working my way through the one on the Vita.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Twilight Princess. I know I didn't care for it all that much when I first played it (for a Zelda game, that is), but I'm surprised at some of the things I've forgotten. Not surprised that I still find playing the twilight sections to be very unpleasant though. Between the visuals and the sounds, they're a great portrayal of what some nausea feels like to me. :/

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

A lot of Hearthstone. Perhaps, too much Hearthstone.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Stardew Valley. It's very familiar for lovers of Harvest Moon. You farm. You raise animals. You talk to villagers. You mine and fish. You also fight slimes and the relentless beat of consumerism.

I like it as much, if not more, than earlier Harvest Moon games. Certainly it's up there with early ones like Back to Nature. SV uses well-made, retro-style pixelated graphics (Chucklefish Games did make Starbound in a similar style). It's hard to say precisely what it adds to the formula so far. It's little details in the tone, which feels less idyllic while still maintaining a charming optimism that things will turn out well. It's the mouse-and-keyboard controls that feel more manageable than a controller. It's adding to Harvest Moon slightly deeper mechanics in its crafting system, which allows for various kinds of fertilizer, sprinklers, and ways of turning crops into refined products. I recognized it immediately, within a couple of hours I thought it was a cute homage, and before I knew it my heart was won.

Also, I totally see Jenner playing it on Steam too.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

brit wrote:Nobiyuki77 - They're all such good games. My favorite is Ys Seven. I'm still working my way through the one on the Vita.
I'll have to get to that one soon. Playing Ys VI, but took a break to blaze through Twilight Princess HD. Was good to revisit the game, but it did remind me how clunky the horse controls were. orz
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Clunky though the horse controls are, it's nothing to the swimming. >_<

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

The horse can be kinda a pain at times. And swimming can be weird. Actually, my first play through of it, since I never did play it. Though we did have it for Game Cube.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I always hated the fishing...

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Alunissage wrote:Clunky though the horse controls are, it's nothing to the swimming. >_<
Oh God this is so true. The swimming controls are horrid. >>;
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Speaking of fishing, fishing in Stardew Valley is a PITA. So I don't do it. Fishing in Minecraft is easy. I like easy.

As far as what I'm playing now:
Minecraft
Stardew Valley
Space Engineers
Occasionally C&C games, such as Red Alert 2 and Red Alert: Retaliation
Gran Turismo 2

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

Finished Persona 3. Almost finished with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. In a couple days I'm going to start up Tree of Savior.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The nice thing about fishing in Stardew Valley is that as you get better, you level up in fishing, and you get upgrades that make the fishing easier. I've found it scales quite nicely with my ability.

Still playing it. I've gotten to winter (end of year 1). I've gotten a little over half of the bundles so far.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok so after MAGFest I started playing through Read Only Memories several times (the folks behind the game were there showcasing it, and it was already on my Steam wishlist). It's a cyberpunk text adventure-style game (much like Snatcher) though with more possible outcomes for how situations can turn out, or how you can get through a given problem. But, that's not really doing it justice -- here's the trailer:

I've played through it four times so far, though I'll be playing through a fifth time just to take some screenshots.

Anyway, yeah, if you loved Snatcher and enjoy cyberpunk, I really recommend ROM. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sonic# wrote:The nice thing about fishing in Stardew Valley is that as you get better, you level up in fishing, and you get upgrades that make the fishing easier. I've found it scales quite nicely with my ability.

Still playing it. I've gotten to winter (end of year 1). I've gotten a little over half of the bundles so far.
I guess I'll have to get back to trying it. Right now I hate how fast I lose energy. 1 pm and already I need to sleep?! But then I found out you can upgrade that with fruit, so yeah, I'm feeling better about it now =D.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Just started Final Fantasy IX. I never did finish it the first time I played. Really the issue at the time was that I was burned out on Final Fantasy and needed to play something different. Then by the time I would've been ready to pick it up again it had been too long and it just sort of fell by the wayside. I'd been meaning to pick it back up for quite some time now and, well, I've finally gotten around to it.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Finished Twilight Princess and am now mostly through Grim Fandango.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Nearly done with Ys: Memories in Celceta. And then I will have no new Ys games to play. ;_;

I've got a backlog so I'll be fine but it's gonna be weird for a bit. I should do another Ys painting or something.
-Nobi