What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Pokemon SoulSilver arrived today. I think I'ma play that for a little while. And then tomorrow night I'm beating Disgaea. Mainly because I just don't feel like hooking up the PS2 tonight.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Just started God of War 3. Fantastic game. I had to put Soul Silver on hold though......

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I kinda put FF XIII on hold with Yakuza 3 :o
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Just got Yakuza 3 and it is a great game. Love the Shenmue type atmosphere of this game.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Just picked up Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold. My mom's playing HeartGold, and I'm playing Soul Silver. Diamond is being put on hold.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

MaroonChan wrote:Just picked up Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold. My mom's playing HeartGold, and I'm playing Soul Silver. Diamond is being put on hold.
Whoa. I've never been able to get my mom to play anything besides Tetris (at which she is phenomenal.) She even hated Lumines. Said that all the flashy graphics were too distracting.

I played SoulSilver most of the day. Fun times!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:
MaroonChan wrote:Just picked up Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold. My mom's playing HeartGold, and I'm playing Soul Silver. Diamond is being put on hold.
Whoa. I've never been able to get my mom to play anything besides Tetris (at which she is phenomenal.) She even hated Lumines. Said that all the flashy graphics were too distracting.

I played SoulSilver most of the day. Fun times!
I come from a gaming family. XD My mom doesn't play a ton these days, but some. Mostly rpgs and puzzle games. Huge Zelda fan. Actually...she's the one that introduced me to Lunar, lol.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I want to be the kind of parent that plays games and helps their children appreciate games for something aside violence (although I have played the violent game on occasion and some do have good storylines and mechanics) I hope they're better at shooters and sidescrollers than me. I miss out on some stuff I want to play (Fallout 3, although Im gonna attempt it later, any new-er horror survival game, ActRaiser/Metroid)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:
Imperial Knight wrote:There are SRPGs out there that don't involve much in the way of leveling.
The Shining Force series is the only one that springs to mind. Maybe also Ogre Battle? It's certainly unique, but I think it could still be classified as an SRPG./quote]
Really? I levelled like crazy in Shining Force 3. I did a bit of levelling before the last battle in Shining Force 1 and 2 also. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sakura Wars is a much better example of an SRPG that has no leveling.
-Nobi

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

ShindoW wrote:I loved Growlanser II and III. :D
They were awesome, awesome games. Though I never did get around to finishing III.

Currently still playing Pokemon HeartGold, though now I've also gone back to play more Pearl and LeafGreen. And probably Ruby, too. Pokemon all day every day!

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Yeah, I picked up Gold on Fri night and Im about half way through Johto right now.

As for Sakura Wars-- if it was translated, I'd play it in a heartbeat (preordered the uber version of V from RosenQueen already). I love Red Company, I wish we got more of their games, but they are mostly RPG with dating sim elements no one wants to bring over.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

ShindoW wrote:Yeah, I picked up Gold on Fri night and Im about half way through Johto right now.

As for Sakura Wars-- if it was translated, I'd play it in a heartbeat (preordered the uber version of V from RosenQueen already). I love Red Company, I wish we got more of their games, but they are mostly RPG with dating sim elements no one wants to bring over.
I'm running the official NeoGAF thread for Sakura Wars. (I go by "RurouniZel" there, and just about everywhere except here)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... st20270549

Even ran a contest for that banner, giving away one of my PS2 preorders to the winner. I felt good about that, especially since the winner is European and sadly they'd not getting the PS2 edition.

I'm SUPER PSYCHED!!! XD
-Nobi

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Just started playing Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. I don't think it deserves all of the low reviews it's been getting. So far my only problem is that the controls are a bit clunky.

Kefka
Meribian Merchant

Post by Kefka »

Sophia wrote:Just started playing Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. I don't think it deserves all of the low reviews it's been getting. So far my only problem is that the controls are a bit clunky.
God this game looks gorgeous and I want it. Still no Wii, but between this, Silent Hill, MONSTER HUNTER, New Mario (which seems to have washed away most of the stink of the DS version) and the No More Heroes games, I'm getting pretty interested.

Seriously I wanted Fragile the second I saw the original TGS trailer. Not a whole lot of games can carry a look that plaintive.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Kefka wrote:
Sophia wrote:Just started playing Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. I don't think it deserves all of the low reviews it's been getting. So far my only problem is that the controls are a bit clunky.
God this game looks gorgeous and I want it. Still no Wii, but between this, Silent Hill, MONSTER HUNTER, New Mario (which seems to have washed away most of the stink of the DS version) and the No More Heroes games, I'm getting pretty interested.

Seriously I wanted Fragile the second I saw the original TGS trailer. Not a whole lot of games can carry a look that plaintive.
Ditto. The game intrigues me, and I'll definitely be picking it up next paycheck.

Incidentally, you should also be looking into Super Mario Galaxy, Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, and Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility. I've also heard A Boy and His Blob is fantastic.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I have yet to see any bad reviews for it, actually. I don't have a Wii yet, but I may pick this up.
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I passed this up for lack of funds and bad reviews, but I will still pick it up when there's a price drop.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Finished playing Fragile. To sum up my feelings about the game: "Son, I am disappoint." It's not so much the gameplay that bothered me, but how the plot eventually played out. Oh well. Still a worthwhile addition to any Wii game collection.

And now I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete
Pokemon SoulSilver (Grrr my mom's ahead of me!)