First game

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

First game

Post by Guest »

Ok so this question has probubly been asked at some time on this site but scince I can't find when it was asked i'll just ask the question anyway.

What is the first game you ever played or owned ?
mine was Cosmic fantasy 2 on the turbo grafx.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

First game I ever played? Galaga, arcade version, back in 1986. That's probably why I ended up being so fond of shooters later on. Though in recent years they've been insanely easy (like Starfox 64 compared to the SNES Starfox).

First game I ever owned... that was probably the Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt cartridge that came with the NES. I mean, I didn't really go out and buy many games until I got a Saturn and was getting my own money, but my parents would occasionally present me with games as I was growing up (maybe, 1 or 2 a year). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

My first was definitely Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. My dad 'n I played that a lot on his NES. I'm told that I was playing it when I was two. lol. And yeah, as I got older, I'd get a few games everynow and then; ya know, birthdays and holidays and stuff. Not sure what the first game I ever owned was, because I was probably still so young. I know the first console I owned was a Genesis, and Sonic the Hedgehog II. But I dunno what the first game I owned was... :/

But, I've only now gotten to a point where I have a means of buying my own games on a regular-ish basis. Man I missed out on a lot.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Mario/Duck Hunt was the first game I had, but Tetris was the first game I ever became truly addicted to.

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I seriously don't remember. I know that it was on the Atari 2600 but that's all I remember.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

My first game was also Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. Seems like a lot of people here had that for their first game...

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

actually there was a game sytem in my house before I was born. The first actual game i remember playing was Galaga on the Atari 5200 or 5600 or 5800 something like that it was after the 2600.

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

Pokemon Crystal version on my Gameboy color.
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

This reminds me... The one thing I really miss from arcades these days is pinball machines. I grew up playing those (my #1 score is still saved on a machine I last played in 1992) and they were seriously my favourite thing at the arcades until DDR came out. I guess it's all about the shiny lights and fancy graphics these days... no room for classics. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Probably Combat for the Atari 2600. It might have been Pac-Man, but more likely Combat. That was my favorite game. (Though you'll never find me near a tank sim these days.)
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Pong. Seriously.

First I owned...well, in 1981 I was playing Snake Byte and Lemonade Stand on the family Apple II+. First console game I owned was Zelda 1...in 1993.

If you count pinball, I was certainly playing that before Zelda. I don't remember when Dad bought the first pinball machine, but it was probably before 1984.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oooh, pinball! I used to love it! My dad and his friend used to be really good at it... they were a requirement for any good bowling alley. I'd watch them in between my turns to bowl. They'd always say not to lean against the machine. I was never terribly good at it, though, and it wasn't my first. If only they were in arcades that I frequent.

Otherwise... the first one I played was ... I don't know. There's the C64 that came into my life. Maybe Boulder Dash II. If it wasn't one of those games, it was definitely Mario Bros., the one where you're running around and trying to knock things up by juming from below them and then taking them... the arcade one.

And then the first game that I personally owned was Sonic 2, Echo the Dolphin, and X-men. Woo!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Darkgeohound
Nanza Bandit

Post by Darkgeohound »

Tetris was my first game. I really didn't get it when i first played it, though. I like the neaty music for it.
There is no greater purpose in life than that which we make for ourselves.