Victor Ireland makes juicy tidbit posts on neogaf~

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
LuciaOne
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Victor Ireland makes juicy tidbit posts on neogaf~

Post by LuciaOne »

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post, I'm not sure if anyone else has put this up yet. Victor Ireland made some sweet posts on NeoGAF today..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 077&page=3

And then in this post leaving us with a little tidbit about GaijinWorks...

"I'll answer a few from the thread all in one here:

If you thought the final text in Albert Odyssey was wild, you should have seen the FIRST draft of Albert Odyssey. My initial plan was to only edit that text and have someone else do it all, but the first draft was SO out there, I had to heavily edit and rewrite just to get it down to the "crazy" version that was released.

The girls of Rayearth were renamed for the US to be more friendly, to Marine (Umi), Anemone (Fuu), and something else for Hikaru that I forget. They were RIDICULOUS changes and we flatly refused, especially since SEGA didn't bother to tell us until the game was almost done (and audio recorded). It would have been a DISASTER to use the terrible "improved" US names.

There's only been one scene in a game that we ever had to edit out and re-do because the console manufacturer wouldn't approve it as-is. It was in Alundra, and I thought it was a GREAT double entendre, but it dropped jaws at SCEA and amongst some of the press who got it in the review copies. SCEA made us take it out of the game before they'd publish it. I have a screenshot somewhere of the first version. I'll see if I can find it.

We're still plugging away at Gaijinworks. RPG's, I promise. And lately some other stuff that should make some very happy people."
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Victor Ireland makes juicy tidbit posts on neogaf~

Post by Sonic# »

Wow. I really want to know what the scene in Alundra was. I've been thinking about replaying it lately.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Victor Ireland makes juicy tidbit posts on neogaf~

Post by Imperial Knight »

Sonic# wrote:Wow. I really want to know what the scene in Alundra was. I've been thinking about replaying it lately.
There's a screenshot of it later in the topic