FINALLY! Some news on Gaijinworks.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

FINALLY! Some news on Gaijinworks.

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Looks like Vic is ready to start up the new company. He posts rarely at the NeoGAF forums, and recently announced that a title will be publicly announced within a "month or two" for release before the summer.

Screen-shot Here :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... stcount=94

Full Story from 1up.com Here :
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172140

Another story about the subject :
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=897 ... Id=5379721

I Couldn't decide if I should put this in the general gaming section or here, so feel free to move this, if needed, sorry!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: FINALLY! Some news on Gaijinworks.

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm wondering if the lack of any updates from him on GWs for the past 2 years means they've been working on a game for a while and just didn't want to announce anything until it was closer to release (to avoid the WD-delay syndrome) Hopefully it's something good.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

My money's on the project falling through and nothing getting done.
...then again, I'm pessimistic. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm kinda interested to see what system he announces a game for. I know there wasn't great love for Sony at the end of WDs run, and the PS3 isn't exactly selling great. I'd assume he'd be most likely to publish something on the 360, but I could see some PS2 games still come from them. Easier to localize I'm sure, and we never did get that Dragon Force Sega Ages...
-G1

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm kinda interested to see what system he announces a game for. I know there wasn't great love for Sony at the end of WDs run, and the PS3 isn't exactly selling great. I'd assume he'd be most likely to publish something on the 360, but I could see some PS2 games still come from them. Easier to localize I'm sure, and we never did get that Dragon Force Sega Ages...
Great, my 360 just died on me and Its no longer under warrenty, so im hoping that its on ANYTHING but the 360. Come on Vic, PS3...

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Alex_Pwns_Hiro wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:I'm kinda interested to see what system he announces a game for. I know there wasn't great love for Sony at the end of WDs run, and the PS3 isn't exactly selling great. I'd assume he'd be most likely to publish something on the 360, but I could see some PS2 games still come from them. Easier to localize I'm sure, and we never did get that Dragon Force Sega Ages...
Great, my 360 just died on me and Its no longer under warrenty, so im hoping that its on ANYTHING but the 360. Come on Vic, PS3...
He's not going to be working with Sony again. If it's a 360 title there's three possibilities for what their announcement might be.

Thunderforce VI, Id@lmaster or Tengai Makyo: Ziria.

A DS game might be possible but I'm thinking he's going to lean towards optical media meaning the 360 is the most likely destination. But who knows, we might see a Wii title.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

A DS game might be possible but I'm thinking he's going to lean towards optical media meaning the 360 is the most likely destination. But who knows, we might see a Wii title.
Would there be any possibility he'd opt for a PC release?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I don't remember him being big on the Wii back in the late WD days, but then, the industry is a lot different now, so maybe he's changed his mind about it.

My money is on Thunderforce VI personally.
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Sonic# wrote:
Would there be any possibility he'd opt for a PC release?

Ehhh, I'm leaning towards no, the reason being bug testing for so many possible hardware configurations (and software configurations between versions of windows, direct X or open GL, service packs etc) and then supporting it would be a nightmare.

Added in edit: I actually wouldn't rule out iPhone at this point.

My guess is a 360 title, the DS being secondary and Wii being the third option.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm excited, I hope everything works out. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

GhaleonOne wrote:I don't remember him being big on the Wii back in the late WD days, but then, the industry is a lot different now, so maybe he's changed his mind about it.
And, let's face it, Vic has a history of changing his mind about consoles often.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Imperial Knight wrote:And, let's face it, Vic has a history of changing his mind about consoles often.
I think he has a history of stubbornness, too. So, it could go either way.

Are download titles for the 360 or PS3 a possibility? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

If Gaijinworks shows up with Dragon Force PS2, everything is forgiven.

I'll just be glad to see Ireland back in the industry.

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Kiz: Exactly, I'd think that doing an downloadable port/translation of a game is his best bet.

For 20k, you can get a devkit from Xbox LIVE and publish a game to Xbox LIVE Arcade, which would be much easier to start-up that way- instead of all the overhead of printing, producing and shipping thousands of copies that may or may not sell.

And Microsoft only takes 15% of the profits that way, everything else would go to the company. I'd think the logical way to go for Vic would be to release that way to Xbox, Wii, and PS3 as downloadable content , and revenue from that could go towards releasing more games.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~