Valkyria Chronicles...

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Valkyria Chronicles...

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Alunissage wrote:I haven't played Skies myself (although I bought the Eternal Arcadia soundtrack, for some reason) but I did know the names.
I realize that I have some bias in the matter, but you should really go play the game. Now. Also, the OST is fantastic. One of my favorites.

Vyse isn't bloodthirsty at all in Skies of Arcadia. I wonder where that came from.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:
Alunissage wrote:I haven't played Skies myself (although I bought the Eternal Arcadia soundtrack, for some reason) but I did know the names.
I realize that I have some bias in the matter, but you should really go play the game. Now. Also, the OST is fantastic. One of my favorites.

Vyse isn't bloodthirsty at all in Skies of Arcadia. I wonder where that came from.
I agree, Skies of Arcadia is worth it. Only thing I'd give a fair warning about is that the encounter rate is high. Not Albert Odyssey high, but high.
-Nobi

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Well, it's really only horrible in the South Ocean, particularly if you travel through it more than once to get all the discoveries before Domingo like I did. <_< But anyway, I agree. Play! XD
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

The encounter rate didn't bother me at all. South Ocean was probably the only place I noticed it being higher than usual, and that's supposed to be grueling. And I played both the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions.

Then again, I'm very tolerant of encounter rates. The only time I'm bothered by them is when there's too much deviation. It bugs me getting into a battle after two steps, and then having to wait fifty steps for the battle after that.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Oh, I agree that it's generally not that bad, though I only played it on the Dreamcast myself. The South Ocean just really is quite terrible whether or not it's supposed to be. XD
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

I *loved* Valkyria Chronicles. The battles were interesting, the animation amazing and the music was beautiful. Highly recommend this game!!

...I even named my new kitten Welkin.

[So now I have kitties named: Asparagus, Nall, Yoda, Shu and Welkin]
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Lol! Awesome kitten names! Lunar, Star Wars, Valkyria Chronicles, vegetables, and I'll just assume Shu is a reference to Arc the Lad.

Back on topic here. Anyone planning on picking up VC 2? I remember reading somewhere that it's supposed to have a Summer release. The demo was was a lot of fun. It played just like VC, but with smaller maps.

It'd be nice if it sells well so we can get the series back on consoles.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

whitedragon_nall wrote:Lol! Awesome kitten names! Lunar, Star Wars, Valkyria Chronicles, vegetables, and I'll just assume Shu is a reference to Arc the Lad.

Back on topic here. Anyone planning on picking up VC 2? I remember reading somewhere that it's supposed to have a Summer release. The demo was was a lot of fun. It played just like VC, but with smaller maps.

It'd be nice if it sells well so we can get the series back on consoles.
Yeah, I'm planning on picking it up. Really looking forward to it actually. I've got to rip between some of my backlog between now and then though, oy.
† Final Night †

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Shu is from Suikoden II.
We call him ShuBear, though, because he went from being a tiny, dignified lynx point siamese stray to an 18lb ball of fluff that sleeps with his paws straight up in the air.

I'm definitely picking up VC2 for PSP :)
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I will be picking up VC2. Valkyria Chronicles has probably been my favorite game in the past couple years. (excluding Lunar of course) VC had a special quality to it, <3'ed the battle system it was fresh and new to me.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Of course I'll get VC2. I'll day one it if it includes more sweet, sweet Skies of Arcadia references.

I'm amazed that anyone else even played Arc the Lad II! But then again, maybe I shouldn't be so amazed it's on a forum full of people who are fans of another game Working Designs localized.