Random Final Fantasy Poll: Kefka (FF6) vs. Sephiroth (FF7)

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.

Who would win this Final Fantasy villan battle?

Kefka
67%
Sephiroth
33%

Total votes: 21

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Random Final Fantasy Poll: Kefka (FF6) vs. Sephiroth (FF7)

Post by Angelalex242 »

Funny thing about FF villains. With the exception of Sephiroth, none of them are really physical fighters. They rely on pure magic.

In versus contests, that's the major thing that saves Sephiroth. None of the other villains can touch him in melee or physical ability.

Ultimecia's great...if she can get a spell off. Ditto Trance Kuja. To win, Sephiroth basically has to wield that Masamune of his and cut their throats before they can speak. The downside is, Sephiroth is only going to get one, maybe 2 slashes off before the spells of doom come flying. So one wonders...just how fast can he kill a sorceress or a tranced genome, anyway?

My bet on an overall winner though, is FF4's Zeromus.

The other villains can't touch him. He's invincible. He'd absorb their attacks. And counter with meteo till they fall down. To hurt Zeromus, you need the power of purity. Only Cecil and possibly Aerith are pure enough to make him vulnerable. And if he never becomes vulnerable, he can't lose.

Even Grahf and Id can't touch Zeromus. No purity, no use.

That's the major upside to villains who have "There's exactly ONE, count it, one way to beat me, and if you ain't got it, you're screwed."
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

I forgot about Zeromus. He'd probably beat any of the other characters due to the purity thing. Cecil would have lost if not for the help of his party. Aerith also couldn't match him 1 on 1.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I vote for Franz Kafka.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Kuja > Kefka > Seymour > Sephiroth

Just my personal opinion...*runs and hides in a secret spot, putting up a shield of protection just in case* o_o

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

I voted for Kefka, i love a evil mad scantiest

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:I vote for Franz Kafka.
Bah, that's cheating. He'd just make everything so depressing that you'd want to kill yourself.
...actually, there's some parallel between him and Kefka now that I think about it... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote:
Werefrog wrote:I vote for Franz Kafka.
Bah, that's cheating. He'd just make everything so depressing that you'd want to kill yourself.
...actually, there's some parallel between him and Kefka now that I think about it... KF
I've seen some suggestions that his name should have been romanized as Kafka. Not knowing Japanese, I have no way of knowing the validity of these statements. I think I would be against it unless the game was alluding to Kafka... but then again, I've never read any Kafka either, so I don't about that either.

I just know about this "short story" by Augosto Monterroso that I liked:

There was once a cockroach named Gregor Samsa that dreamed that he was a cockroach named Franz Kafka that dreamed that he was a writer that wrote about a salesman named Gregor Samsa that dreamed that he was a cockroach.

Edit: Actually the Kefka/Kafka thing was probably just a joke that I didn't understand back when I was surfing the interwebz when I was 12.