Soul Calibur 4

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Deathblood
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Soul Calibur 4

Post by Deathblood »

Who else here is excited about Soul Calibur 4? I quite frankly, am going to get it as soon as it comes out. And if it already is, it's not my fault I don't have it. It take a while for my Wal-Mart to get the good stuff.
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Soul Calibur 4

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Hell yes. My favorite fighting series of all time. Release date is set for tomorrow btw.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Deathblood
Student of Vane

Post by Deathblood »

thx man
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I never got around to purchasing SC3 or playing it for that matter was it any good? I really liked the first 2 but i wouldn't say its my favorite im a big fan of early mortal combat i dont think its held up to well in the world of 3d though. i really like the capcom fighting games power stone and marvel vs capcom were both really great games. although nothing compares to the arcade experience thats the real test.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Moved to this board.

And I'm tempted to get it, as I loved the Dreamcast Soul Caliber 2, but I know I probably won't give it enough play to warrant 60 bucks. Might get it when it hits bargain prices though.
-G1

Deathblood
Student of Vane

Post by Deathblood »

GhaleonOne wrote:Moved to this board.

And I'm tempted to get it, as I loved the Dreamcast Soul Caliber 2, but I know I probably won't give it enough play to warrant 60 bucks. Might get it when it hits bargain prices though.
well I tried SC3 and I loved it and my PS2 broke from over-use from playin that game, but once I went to my friend's house, I tried SC2, it was horible comparred to SC3. Oh well. that's my opinion though.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I would never pay $60 for a fighting game. I would rather just wait a few months for the price to go down and buy it used. I actually find I have been doing that a lot lately. Unless I'm trying to support a particular series ie:tales of... Lunar 3/prequel :cry:, or the occasional FF. But I will say I am a fan of SC, loved the original, it was so addicting!

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Got it. Love it. Rockin' it. Unfortunately, I'm not very pleased with Mr. Yoda. Vader is apparently fantastic, but Yoda fails to utilize his force like powers. S'ok. I'm a Mitsurugi man anyways. ;)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Deathblood
Student of Vane

Post by Deathblood »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:Got it. Love it. Rockin' it. Unfortunately, I'm not very pleased with Mr. Yoda. Vader is apparently fantastic, but Yoda fails to utilize his force like powers. S'ok. I'm a Mitsurugi man anyways. ;)
well it's a good thing I'm gettin the PS3 version then. But I'm a Siong Mi'na person (if that's how you spell it). Is Nightmare like he is in SC3 just cooler?

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Oh yeah, Nightmare controls beautifully. And he does indeed look badass. Cervantes got a darn good upgrade too. And, as much as I hate him, Astoroth has one of the coolest costumes in the game.

Deathblood
Student of Vane

Post by Deathblood »

That's it. I'm getting it Friday no matter what. Thanks for the slight spoiler alert. One of the few I actually liked. You da bomb. "end quote"

Well I got it! And that's a very good idea, Monde Luna. The game is crap compared to SC3. I remember when I played with Maxi, the ultimate showdown started with Asteroth, and they didn't even show it. It went blank and text came up saying "Maxi won this fateful fight." and another thing that I can't remember. But I like the char. creation. I just wish they kept the SC3 style of creating a whole new person. But I love the spaces you could have for updates to charecters and customized. It's gonna take me a while to fill those spaces. Also, the game is SHORT!!!!! It's like 5 battles and the story ends. And I don't remember them saying anything about why lightsabers can't cut through everything. And Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice is really.........friggen......hard! At least they didn't change Seong Me-Na's fighting style and button sheme. But I have yet to play Cervantes. And I like Lizardman's improvements. And the ability to change what claw Nightmare uses. Despair or Misery? I chose Despair. And I also like how Yoshimitsu has pretty much the same buttom scheme as in Tekken 4. I just miss the right right triangle combo. I used that in T4 more than anything else. Well, I'm just gonna leave the rest for you to find out on your own now

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Thanks for the update Deathblood! It really bites that the story is so short though, sounds like rental material to me.

Deathblood
Student of Vane

Post by Deathblood »

It definetly is. And, no problem. And one more thing, arcade, second-to-last battle, hard difficulty. Could anybody beat it? I can't even go that far. But I do know that it's incredibly hard on medium.

update! I just beat it on medium first try with custom char! It was awsome. And easy that time. I had the nightmare fighting style, so hehehe. hold left triangle, right triangle, circle, triangle circle, hold left square. He went flying. And that was just round 1. Round two - right right triangle, hold square hold triangle, hold left triangle, circle. The end. It was so funny to see them flying everywhere and I got perfects on the hardest enemy. :D :twisted:

Agreed. Asteroth looks awsome.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I bought the Limited Edition version for PS3. The download content is severely lacking with how slow anything is released for this game. I've made a ton of characters from Final Fantasy, Batman, and especially the Marvel Universe.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

exigence wrote:I never got around to purchasing SC3 or playing it for that matter was it any good? I really liked the first 2 but i wouldn't say its my favorite im a big fan of early mortal combat i dont think its held up to well in the world of 3d though. i really like the capcom fighting games power stone and marvel vs capcom were both really great games. although nothing compares to the arcade experience thats the real test.
Outside of the "semi-realistic" graphics and the fatalities, MK had nothing over SF. The only MK that's up there with the SF series is UMK3.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Mortal Kombat vs. DC looks to be a flaming pile of crap, but who knows. I like the MK series but the fatalities are a pain in the ass to pull off sometimes.