Game Recommendations

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Omega
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Game Recommendations

Post by Omega »

Hey guys, i scored an Xbox 360 but so far all i can play are rentals.

any games you'd think i could play?

Leave out any game faster than Sonic the Hedgehog please... i tend to get sick whenever i play games where the speed is greater than i can handle.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: Game Recommendations

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I really don't have anything for my poor 360. I only have two 360 games and two XBOX games. I guess I'll have 2 more 360 games once Tales of Vesperia and that Star Ocean game comes out...but that's still not very many games.

Um, the two games I have are Eternal Sonata and Devil May Cry 4. I would also recommend the Orange Box for the soul reason of playing Portal.

If you haven't played any of the previous Devil May Cry games, you should still be fine playing Devil May Cry 4 since it was aimed to bring in newcomers to the series. It wasn't my favorite DMC game because it was slightly easier than the others, but I would still recommend people play it.

Eternal Sonata is an RPG. It has some pretty nice anime-styled graphics, but I can't really say if it was good or not because I stopped playing it to play other games. If your looking for an RPG, I guess you could at least rent it and try it out.

Portal that comes with the Orange Box is awesome. The graphics are totally cool, not to mention its fun to try and figure out the puzzles and stuff in that game.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Bioshock is fantastic if you're a fan of the Macabre. Also, Mass Effect is a winner for sure.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Project Slypheed is really good and unique. And priced reasonably better than most games.
-G1

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Games for the Xbox 360, let's see...

Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Lost Odyssey, Lost Planet, Halo (1, 2, 3, or all of them), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head, all the other ones that I thought of have been mentioned.

The Orange Box is good, Portal is deff a game everyone should play. And if you do get Orange Box at least try Half Life 2, that's a good game.

Deathblood
Student of Vane
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Post by Deathblood »

Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Orange Box. Those are the games I highly recommend. Each one is huge in it's own way, if not in another's also. Assassin's Creed, recommended if you love the slaughter of an entire town and they not know that you did it. Mass Effect, huge story, huge inventory. It took me a week to play it, but I was also playing GH3 and AC, though. Halo 3, mainly because of the coolness of Master Cheif and Grifball. Bioshock, don't have, but with what I've heard it's huge. Orange Box, it has a multi game in it, Portal is in it too and it is the best puzzle game there is. And Half Life 2 Part 2 is on it too. So there's something for everyone except for racing. But if you love racing games, I recommend Forza Motorsport 2 (or 2 Motorsport never found out which one is first) for the realism in a racing game. Or Need for Speed Prostreet for the fiction racing game (it's like Underground 2 and Carbon in a way). And for fighting, no clue. Try Tekken 6 if it will go to Xbox 360. And btw, is Sonic even on the Xbox? I thought it was on Nintendo products only (Game Boy, Sega, Wii ect.).
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Deathblood wrote:Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Orange Box. Those are the games I highly recommend. Each one is huge in it's own way, if not in another's also. Assassin's Creed, recommended if you love the slaughter of an entire town and they not know that you did it. Mass Effect, huge story, huge inventory. It took me a week to play it, but I was also playing GH3 and AC, though. Halo 3, mainly because of the coolness of Master Cheif and Grifball. Bioshock, don't have, but with what I've heard it's huge. Orange Box, it has a multi game in it, Portal is in it too and it is the best puzzle game there is. And Half Life 2 Part 2 is on it too. So there's something for everyone except for racing. But if you love racing games, I recommend Forza Motorsport 2 (or 2 Motorsport never found out which one is first) for the realism in a racing game. Or Need for Speed Prostreet for the fiction racing game (it's like Underground 2 and Carbon in a way). And for fighting, no clue. Try Tekken 6 if it will go to Xbox 360. And btw, is Sonic even on the Xbox? I thought it was on Nintendo products only (Game Boy, Sega, Wii ect.).
No, Sonic is on more than just Nintendo products. When Sega decided to no longer produce hardware, they opted to release to several systems, which is why the X-Box saw Shenmue 2, the PS2 got Phantasy Star Universe, and the Gamecube got Skies of Arcadia Legends. Sega had Sonic the Hedgehog released for the X-Box 360, as well as some games released for the PS2 earlier, in addition to releases for the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Gamecube.

... I've been talking a lot about Sonic today.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

The less that is said about the PS3/360 version of Sonic the Hedgehog, the better.
-Nobi

Deathblood
Student of Vane

Post by Deathblood »

Alright, Sonic#. Thanks.

And Nobiyuki, I tried the Wii verison of Sonic The Hedgehog. I dare you to play that game. :)
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I've played both. The Wii game isn't good, but at least it's not broken. *ugh*
-Nobi

Deathblood
Student of Vane

Post by Deathblood »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:I've played both. The Wii game isn't good, but at least it's not broken. *ugh*
Dang! You actually found out how to play it? I spent like half a day dieing and tilting the controller and not much happening. And the story sucked. Oh well, I guess my expectations have been a bit too high since I played Mass Effect :twisted: . Best story ever!