Best Game Find?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Principalities
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Best Game Find?

Post by Principalities »

I could do a little dance cause you know what I finally bought after rummaging through a little bin at meh local game crazy? An unopened Arc The Lad Collection for $50 but what sucks is I really want to play them so bleh hate the irony.

What was your greatest find game wise?
"Only a few find the way; some don`t recognize it when they do; some don`t ever want to." -The Cheshire Cat.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Best Game Find?

Post by LunarRaptor »

Tales of Symphonia. It was originally lent to me by a friend and I grow to adore it immediately. Then he moved away, and took his copy with him, and I couldn't find another one for two whole years when the local GameStop finally got one. Yay! Anyway, along with the Lunar: Silver Star game, in any of its incarnations, its one of my two top favorite games.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I remember finding my copy of Lunar 2 brand new at the local Gamestop. That was probably my best find, but I've found other good finds too like finding the original FFIV (FF2) for the SNES really cheap, Final Fantasy Anthology Collector's Edition with the music CD still with it, and Arc the Lad opened with everything still in it in PERFECT condition.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Shenmue 2 Europian Dreamcast edition at EB Games. Stopped me from getting an X-Box. XD
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Probably Eternal Blue for SegaCD, bought new from Working Designs. In 1999. Possibly the last one they sold.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I nearly got Shenmue 2 like that, with the European converter even. But...the time I saw it, I didn't have enough money, and then it was gone.

I've had a few favorite grabs. There was Wild Arms 3 for $5 that I got recently that I'd consider my best find... so was finding Arc the Lad a couple of years ago (I've played 1, and the others are on the backburner). And then the time I found Xenogears in a Gamestop in 2002 was exciting. (I know there was a reason it was available, like a reprinting, but... it was new.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Shenmue 2 Europian Dreamcast edition at EB Games. Stopped me from getting an X-Box. XD
I've been looking all over for one, they get so expensive, i might end up geting the pal version of the first shenmue also because you can keep your stats from the first game.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Snatcher for $5 at a Pawn Shop. And Panzer Saga for $30 and a $5 Subway sandwich. The guy knew how much it was worth, but didn't want to Ebay it and just up and made the deal. Couldn't turn that down.
-G1

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Let's see...in my last semester of law school (Spring of 1997) I found a used copy of the original Phantasy Star (and a SMS to play it on) at a used-game store in Austin. Either that or how on Spring Break in 1996 I found Shining Force in the used-game bin at the EB at the Pittsburgh airport while changing flights.

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

well actually there's three. Lunar SSSC i got from a friend, EBC when I found out there was a sequal and (well my friend found it but I got attracted to it) Battle Hunter so......good......must.....get....own.....copy......of ......battle hunter :shock: .
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Battle Hunter can be addicting, I used to play it all the time with my nephews. :mrgreen:

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

In 2006 my brother and I were in a thrift store and found a copy of Lunar SS in a thrift store for $3. It was in perfect condition, and even had the Sega CD foam inserts!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

localflick wrote:In 2006 my brother and I were in a thrift store and found a copy of Lunar SS in a thrift store for $3. It was in perfect condition, and even had the Sega CD foam inserts!
HOLY DRAGON DIAMONDS

Really, whoever that was had no idea what it was worth. In 2006? For $3? Nothing broken? I mean, I would've bought it on principle...

...and then found some way to make it a prize giveaway on LunarNET. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

HOLY DRAGON DIAMONDS

Really, whoever that was had no idea what it was worth. In 2006? For $3? Nothing broken? I mean, I would've bought it on principle...

...and then found some way to make it a prize giveaway on LunarNET. KF
It was my brother that found it, and it was funny because he had some idea that I liked Lunar, but no idea how rare a mint copy was (minus the sticker the thrift store put on the case). He came up to me saying "is this the one you have, or is it the other one?" And that's about the time I started celebrating like it was New Year's or something. They had other Sega CD games but nothing else that made me literally jump for joy.

I'm not sure who donates this stuff, but this same thrift store is where I got my $18 Saturn too.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Not sure if this counts...

but I found a copy of Suikoden 5 at Gamestop. Thing is... it was a fresh copy complete with it's manual and original case, all for $5.

Odd, huh?
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh, a while back I picked up all three of the Shining Force III games for the Saturn for $120 total (all Japanese). Considering how difficult it is to find the other two scenarios (only the first was released in the US), this was a huge find.

...I still haven't played it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I picked up all three of the Shining Force III games for the Saturn
I never played the other two, but Shining Force on the Saturn is awesome because Camelot designed the characters very similar to the ones in Golden Sun and it almost feels like some kind of "Golden Sun Tactics" game or something. I'm envious of both the games, and the ability to read Japanese to enjoy them.