Playing Radiata Stories right now.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Playing Radiata Stories right now.

Post by Jenner »

I'll let you know how it goes, it's pretty amusing thus far.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Playing Radiata Stories right now.

Post by Sadrin »

Its a great game! Lots of awesome characters! Just make sure you pick the Human side! unless you really want to play the game again... Its very tricky to get EVERYONE! takes forever! The battle system gets rather old very fast. I hope they make another Radiata Stories or something of the sorts. I would buy it without even looking at it.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sadrin wrote:Its a great game! Lots of awesome characters! Just make sure you pick the Human side! unless you really want to play the game again... Its very tricky to get EVERYONE! takes forever! The battle system gets rather old very fast. I hope they make another Radiata Stories or something of the sorts. I would buy it without even looking at it.
Pick the human side? Can you explain the differences without spoiling the game?
Human side vs Not-Human side? Better story? Better characters? More naked scenes?
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

I loved this game. I played through both paths, leveling up my main party to 99 both times. I actually found the fairy side to be more gratifying. The bonus dungeons are the best. Make sure you get the secret character. She's awesome.
Fortifies and Conditions!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

How many characters are in the game? I wanted to get the game, but I was afraid that it would be too much like Chrono Cross.

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

177. Looks to be a little over 100 for the human path and about 60 for the non-human path. So, in this regard, it's actually worse than Chrono Cross. I think acquiring all the characters for a certain path is really only for completists.

Not all the characters are really worth it, and, considering the work you have to put into getting a lot of them to join (figuring out their daily routine, stalking them, blackmailing them with naked pictures of their mom...etc.), well, it takes awhile. Unfortunately, all the absolute best characters for each path can only be recruited by signing up every other character from their respective factions in those paths (knights, mercenaries, religious orders, goblins, elves, blah, blah, blah).

There's really no bonus (ala Suikoden) for doing so. I just went after the characters I thought looked the coolest once I got around to playing the non-human side. What is cool, is playing through one path, and then getting to beat the tar out of those same characters who gave you trouble when recruiting them while playing through the opposing path (once you choose a side, all the characters from the opposite side become enemies).
Fortifies and Conditions!

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I went with the human side. More characters? I didnt play it again to get the other side. I did use a guide for getting everyone on the human side. its hard! like if your off by a few mins you have to try again the next day! but if you need to be someplace then... argh you just hav eto wait a whole day! and during some parts of the game if you go to the next day it starts the next part of the story. So it takes awhile getting used to. The masters of the guilds are awesome though!! and the secret character is super spiffy! The game overall is Very easy. but trying to get everyone is the challenge. very good game.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

さおり
Saith Pirate

Post by さおり »

Oh, I really love Radiata Stories. It gives me a nostalgic feel, reminiscent of Dewprism (Threads of Fate). Haha, it's amazing how the story manages to be both light-hearted and serious. I finished the game once, taking on the non-human side. When I wanted to go for New Game+, my CD stopped working. It was really sad...
Last edited by さおり on Sat May 24, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I haven't played Radiata Stories, but I loved Threads of Fate! It was my one of my first RPGish games. :mrgreen: