Game Informer - Top 10 Sequels In Demand

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Game Informer - Top 10 Sequels In Demand

Post by Sadrin »

Annnd.... Lunar isnt one of them!! Not even on the Other list. :(

I went to game stop yesterday to get my copy of Devil may cry for PS3 and ended up getting a magazine aswell. There is an artical about the top 10 sequels in demand and when I read that I was like OMGosh!!! Yeah... no lunar... but heres the list for anyone who wanted to know
1-Star Wars: Knights of the old republic
2-Shadowrun
3-System Shock
4-Jedi Knight
5-X-Com
6-Punch-Out!!
7-Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
8-Chrono series
9-Diablo
10-Crimson Skies
And for the games that didnt make the top 10... Still no lunar.
Alpha Centauri, Baldur's Gate, Beyond Good & Evil, Black, Dark Cloud, Donkey Cong, Doom, Full Spectrum Warrior, F-Zero, Gunstar Heroes, Jade Empire, Jak and Daxter, Legacy of Kain, Oddworld, Onimusha, Panzer Dragon, Planescape, Psi-Ops, Psychonauts, Shadow Hearts, Skies of Arcadia, Sly Cooper, Starfox, Star Wars: TIE Fighter, Thief, Ultima, Vagrant Story, and Viewtiful Joe.

So I just don't understand why Lunar wouldn't be on that list. I don't know about you guys but I would much rather see another lunar before any of those games. Although I really like a few of them!!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: Game Informer - Top 10 Sequels In Demand

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Lunar should be on that list. :(

Well, at least the Chrono series is on there if anything. I'd like to see another Chrono game myself. The other games I really don't care about so much.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'd like to see another Monkey Island game myself. I honestly don't care if there's another Lunar game after Dragon Song. I didn't even think DS was that bad of a game. I just realized that it will never the same again. It's just been too long. (Granted, the same could be said about Monkey Island).
Last edited by Werefrog on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Man, thats a horrible list! I don't think I want a sequel to ANY of those games! No, wait, I would like to see a real sequel to Chrono Trigger. I liked Eternal Darkness, but I don't think a sequel is needed. Most of the games on the list are "WTF?! The first one was barely worth a mention" to me. A sequel to Viewtiful Joe? C'mon! Lunar is one of the few games I would really love to see a full sequel to. Whether its a sequel or prequel would be fine by me :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I didn't notice that Skies was on it the first time. Man. I want a sequel to Skies too-- maybe not a direct sequel. I wonder how many people noticed the connection between the events of Arcadia and our own history (Of course, it's in no way a perfect correlation. We don't have flying continents after all :D ). I thought it was pretty obvious even as a kid in junior, but it seems like a lot of people didn't understand it.

I still think it's pretty cool to use world history as a backdrop for a fantasy video game. It allows me to act out how I wish history would have happened.

MetalFRO
Meribian Merchant

Post by MetalFRO »

Punch-Out! and Diablo sequels, FTW! Seriously, though Lunar NEEDS another sequel, to either continue the story, or perhaps a prequel...
Music reviews
Listen to "The Gamut" Sunday evenings from 9 PM - midnight EST on Blabber Jesus Radio!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I could've sworn that i just LEFT Digg.

Guys, c'mon. This matter is as opinionated as it gets. Don't be like a bunch of Diggers and feel annoyed with someones difference of opinion. Being able to have your opinion printed in a magazine or on a popular website doesn't make your opinion more valid than anyone else's, either.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:I could've sworn that i just LEFT Digg.
At least are board hasn't been hijacked by fanatical Ron Paul supporter like Digg.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Werefrog wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:I could've sworn that i just LEFT Digg.
At least are board hasn't been hijacked by fanatical Ron Paul supporter like Digg.

That's how i gave myself a reality-check.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not sure I care about any game other than Beyond Good and Evil getting a sequel. It was supposed to be a three-game series from the start.

It occurs to me that this thread should be in general gaming, not general Lunar discussion, seeing as Lunar is specifically not part of the original topic. :P

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I can understand wanting a sequel to the Chrono series, in the sense that I liked the first two and I'd like more. As for Diablo... I've found games since Diablo II that have nice enough systems... it seems like its star has passed, no?

And sadly, that may be the case with Lunar. We had a prequel. It fell flat. If another Lunar game were to happen, then it would have to establish itself on its own merits. There probably wouldn't be masses eagerly awaiting it due to previous favorable memories, as much as I wish that were the case, and as much as I would eagerly await it.

I think a similar thing went on with the Mother/Earthbound series. Once Mother 3 came out, the demand for a translation at Starmen.net and so on was pretty high, but... I haven't heard many calls since then for a sequel. Especially since Earthbound was released 13 years ago, it's just been too long, and it hasn't (yet) had the benefit of any domestic rerelease, as Punch-Out did. (Incidentally, why Punch-Out?)

And I'd like to see sequels from a lot of the games that didn't make the list. A parallel sequel of TIE Fighter (that keeps the genius of the scenario and flight sim properties intact), an upgrade to Alpha Centauri, Skies of Arcadia... I'd be curious to see a sequel to Ultima, as well, though my thinkings on that resemble that of Diablo.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I just think people kinda forgot about Lunar. One of my best friends didnt even know that Dragon song was a Lunar game. It just doesnt really pass as a Lunar game. Add the goddess and La la... Lunar! ... Heck even Final fantasy 4 could pass as a lunar game.. Rosa turns into Althena, Crystal=Dragons, Cecil becomes Dragon master, Babel Tower= Goddess Tower and now you have a better Lunar game than Dragon Song was!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

SnickieX
Burg Farmer

Post by SnickieX »

Hrm...The demand for another Lunar game is probably limited to a few dozen thousand people, as everybody is caught up in the new rush of video games (I.E. Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Heavenly Sword, etc.)

And, remember, to the vast majority of people, video games are as disposable as everything else is now.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

You know what game I would not mind seeing coming back is Mario Brothers maker a new game but with the same 2d graphics like the old school Mario brothers
My favorite hade to be Mario Brothers 3
:) :D

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

lutomboy wrote:You know what game I would not mind seeing coming back is Mario Brothers maker a new game but with the same 2d graphics like the old school Mario brothers
My favorite hade to be Mario Brothers 3
:) :D
Did you play New Super Mario Bros. for the DS? It is essentially what you're describing.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

Yes I did but I would like to play it on the console you know with a bigger screen :)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Werefrog wrote:I'd like to see another Monkey Island game myself. I honestly don't care if there's another Lunar game after Dragon Song. I didn't even think DS was that bad of a game. I just realized that it will never the same again. It's just been too long. (Granted, the same could be said about Monkey Island).
Thread necromancy! This post is funny since I haven't bought the new Monkey Island game yet.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

lutomboy wrote:Yes I did but I would like to play it on the console you know with a bigger screen :)
NSMBWii? I can be played 1 player.
-Nobi

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

1-Star Wars: Knights of the old republic No
2-Shadowrun No
3-System Shock No
4-Jedi Knight Only if its done right
5-X-Com No also there was a sequel and it sucks, the game is outdated.
6-Punch-Out!! No
7-Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem No
8-Chrono series No
9-Diablo No
10-Crimson Skies No

Thats a horrible list, they must be pandering to their demographic...

I made a similar thread years ago about what sequels are missing

http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4259

These are from my list, only 1 of them matches with the magazine's list:

Lunar 3
Homeworld 3
Star Wars Jedi Knight 3
Kohan 3
Starcraft 2

I would also add

Banjo Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot