HOLD IT! Ace Attorney Thread (With added info about AA 4)

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

HOLD IT! Ace Attorney Thread (With added info about AA 4)

Post by Werefrog »

Am I the only PW/Lunar fan that just now found out that Noriyuki Iwadare was the composer for Trials and Tribulations? The music in the game is quite good. I still prefer the original's Objection theme. However, the new character themes are great. In fact... I have Godot's (this game's prosecutor) theme song as my ringtone right now.

I think that it's a great honor for PW to have Noriyuki Iwadare as its composer. Then again, it's also an honor Noriyuki Iwadare to work on a game as great as PW. Uh oh... paradox.

Anyway, if there is a desire, we can turn this into a Ace Attorney thread and discuss the games in general. I can remove the spoiler free (I guess I can edit the subject of a thread, right?) and we can discuss the ending for Trials and Tribulations as I've been wanting to do since I finished it. The only person I know IRL that plays the series just finished the first game, so I really haven't had the chance to discuss the game.
Last edited by Werefrog on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: HOLD IT! (Phoenix Wright 3 related [spoiler free!])

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:Am I the only PW/Lunar fan that just now found out that Noriyuki Iwadare was the composer for Trials and Tribulations? The music in the game is quite good. I still prefer the original's Objection theme. However, the new character themes are great. In fact... I have Godot's (this game's prosecutor) theme song as my ringtone right now.
...ok I think I'll be picking that up this weekend.

I just finished Justice for All last week. And, I'm playing a lot of Daigassou Band Brothers as well.

I need to avoid spoilers for Trials and Tribulations, though, so I can't comment on that. But I will say that Phoenix Wright became one of my favorite series right from when I finished the first episode of the first game. So, I can't wait to get around to the third one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote: And, I'm playing a lot of Daigassou Band Brothers as well.
I always meant to import that. Is there a site that you recommend for imports?
I need to avoid spoilers for Trials and Tribulations, though, so I can't comment on that.
Be very careful. I had part of the game ruined for me by looking up random quotes from the game. The spoiler was in Google's description of some page (I think Wikipedia).
So, I can't wait to get around to the third one. KF
I don't think you'll be disappointed. That's all I'll say to avoid the spoilerage. You better hurry up with AA3, Kiz. According to Nintendo Power, AA4 will be out in February.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:
Kizyr wrote: And, I'm playing a lot of Daigassou Band Brothers as well.
I always meant to import that. Is there a site that you recommend for imports?
Yep. I'd recommend Mad Gear LLC: http://www.mad-gear.com/

They have appearances at most major anime and gaming conventions along the east coast as well. They're perhaps my favorite outlet, since they always have hard-to-find and rare games there--not to mention they still have a huge selection of Saturn games.

Incidentally, I wasn't planning on getting Daigassou. But one of the vendors at their booth at AnimeUSA was demoing the game, and after playing it for like 30 minutes I was pretty much hooked. I ended up getting that and Dragon Force II (Saturn) while I was at it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'll have to look for them if I ever go to a convention that they're at. I couldn't find Band Brothers on their website, but I'll keep an eye out for them if I go to Gencon again next year (doubtful that they will be there).

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:Am I the only PW/Lunar fan that just now found out that Noriyuki Iwadare was the composer for Trials and Tribulations? The music in the game is quite good. I still prefer the original's Objection theme. However, the new character themes are great. In fact... I have Godot's (this game's prosecutor) theme song as my ringtone right now.
You know, it occurs to me that if I were to have any individual song from Phoenix Wright as my ringtone, it'd have to be the Steel Samurai theme. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Kizyr wrote:
You know, it occurs to me that if I were to have any individual song from Phoenix Wright as my ringtone, it'd have to be the Steel Samurai theme. KF
Heck, Track...um, 11? Or is it 10?...on disc two of the PW I+II soundtrack actually is the Steel Samurai Theme Ringtone, so you could cue it right in. :)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote: You know, it occurs to me that if I were to have any individual song from Phoenix Wright as my ringtone, it'd have to be the Steel Samurai theme. KF
Yeah, that song came to mind as well. Maybe if I'm bored enough next week, I'll set about putting that on there as well. I have to be careful though. I don't have a USB connector, so I have to text message myself. I also don't have unlimited text messaging (I will never call it TXT. Do you hear that Verizon?), so it costs some undetermined amount of money every time I do this. Maybe I should wait for the bill before I try again.

Also, I might use the song that plays when Nick makes an objection in the first game. I like that song quite a bit. I think it perfectly captures the feeling of elation that I feel when I point out a contradiction.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

So I just got PW:3, Trials and Tribulations last Saturday.

I'm going to wait until I'm on vacation (starting tomorrow evening) to start playing it. I almost can't wait. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Re: HOLD IT! Ace Attorney Thread (With added info about AA 4)

Post by Werefrog »

Today Capcom released a trial of Ace Attorney 4. You can find it here: http://kotaku.com/345349/ace-attorney-for-cheapskates.

It's really short (only 1 cross-examination), but I highly recommend it for those of you who have never tried the DS games or those of you who want to meet the new cast a little early.

This is taken from the first few minutes of the trial one in the new game (I'm not sure if the dialogue was finalized) so don't play if you want to be surprised when it comes out. Oh and for those finishing up the 3rd game, don't worry there are no spoilers in the little trial for Ace Attorney 3.

edit: Also, I think I should be proud of the fact that I avoided the temptation of starting a new thread for this topic. Hurray for me!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I've already preordered the 4th, I've played and replayed the first 3 several times now and I love it each time! Wonderfully written and loveable characters!

I can't wait to see what they do now with the DS features (I know the basics, but I'm curious as to how far they will take them...)
-Nobi

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I haven't seen any pre-order bonuses for AA 4 (it's going to take me a long to get used to saying AA instead of PW). They gave out Phoenix Wright headphones with pre-orders in Japan, so I'm a little disappointed. Oh well. It's not the first time that we've missed out on awesome pre-order bonuses.

Edit:
I was wrong: only those who preordered the special edition version received the nifty headphones. Still a bummer though since this is the type of game for which I would buy a special edition.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I still don't have a DS. :*(
HOWEVER, ungh, I sigh in misery as Kizyr's backlog of games-needed-playing grows and grows.

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I've been working on that backlog and haven't played more than the first chapter of Phoenix Wright 3... Maybe after Lunar: MS is finished. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice came out this week. It's doing pretty well in the review. I don't really have the time to buy it this weekend, as tempting as it is.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Werefrog wrote:Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice came out this week. It's doing pretty well in the review. I don't really have the time to buy it this weekend, as tempting as it is.
I'm definitely picking it up next week, when I have time. I kept meaning to pre-order it, and pre-order it...and now it's here! I'm excited to see how it uses the DS features, hopefully they'll will be some neat uses like in PW:1 Case 5. Man, I sprayed luminol everywhere.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

what is Apollo Justice :?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Kizyr wrote:I've been working on that backlog and haven't played more than the first chapter of Phoenix Wright 3... Maybe after Lunar: MS is finished. KF
Further than me. I still need to finish the last case of Phoenix Wright 2. I'm on the last investigation day, but I need to find the time to sit down and figure out where I am and push through.

And 4 is already out?

I'll have a busy summer. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

lutomboy wrote:what is Apollo Justice :?
It's a point-and-click adventure game for the Nintendo DS. It's hard to explain the gameplay, but I'll try. In the game you assume the role of a lawyer. Each case in the game is comprised of two different types of gameplay. During one part of the game, you collect evidence. In the second part, you present that evidence to expose the lies in witnesses' statements. It sounds boring, but it's really fun and has a great story (at least the previous games were good; I don't know about this one yet).

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Schadenfreude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYzsRMa ... re=related

XD I only wish this had been my idea! :-P
-Nobi