NEW RPG MAKER!!!!! *swooooooons*

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

NEW RPG MAKER!!!!! *swooooooons*

Post by phyco126 »

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... index.html

*swoon* I can't wait, I might actually have to buy this one =O

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

That looks fun. I feel silly for not knowing this, though... is VX a roman numeral? Or is it intended to simply be the letters V and X? I don't even know how many of these RPG Makers have been made.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Last night when I first read the topic, I thought it was a Roman numeral. Now I realize that it can't be Roman numeral. 15 = XV. Unless Roman numerals can be read backwards as well, it's not a real number. If they can be read backwards, that's stupid. And it's no wonder that they were all eaten by the dinosaurs.

Edit: There have been a lot of RPG Makers. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the 15th in the series.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

RPG Maker 95, 2000, 2003, and XP if I am not mistaken, from this particular company.

Now, XP I think was for windows XP. I'm guessing the VX is for Vista.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Hmm... i miss RM95. it was so cool and simple. But yeah i cant wait for RMVX! I just hope its alot different then RMXP... if not they might have done it for more money...

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

A new RPG Maker? Nice, and it supports Windows Vista which is a plus. I can't wait for that to come out :)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

RPG Maker XP works for Vista, but you need the patch from the company. The trial wich includes the patch worked just fine. :)

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

From what I've heard on forums and boards the VX stands for Vista Expansion but that's all probably theory. I don't know what it really stands for but I think that's a good guess.

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

Me and my friends are big fans of RPG Maker, we created at least one game and then thought it sucked(the game we made), and I swear we almost made a Lunar game. Except we couldn't get any cut scenes. And the question is, which is better 1, 2 or 3.[/quote]
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

If I have the money, I will be buying RPG Maker VX for sure. I have a few ideas that I would love to turn into a game.

However, my problem is I try to push the gaming programming to its limits. For instance, I tried to create a very complicated code for introducing SWG style crafting into the game. I was partially successful, but there isn't anyway that I have found out of the many hours of trying to be 100% successful. :(

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

Depending on what you mean by a SWG System I might have a system a friend and I made that works. Elaborate, please.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

SWG style crafting. You sample resources, then take the resources you sampled and craft an item with them. Sometimes the items you craft of merely components of more complex items and used to create that.

For instance, in the test program I made I could "harvest" wood from a tree stump (with a pile of wood next to it) and after a second of chopping sounds playing, it would say "You've recieved a piece of wood!" Open up the menu, there you have it there. Then go to a rock, and this time it sounded like mining sounds and then you would recieve a sharp stone.

Go to a "work station" and activate it. If you have a sharp stone in your inventory, it would ask if you wish to refine it. If you select yes, then you would recieve a "usable" item called "Refined Sharp Stone." If you selected no, then nothing happened. If you didn't have it in your inventory, then you wouldn't even get asked if you wanted to refine it. Same thing with the wood, refine it to get a refined piece of wood.

Go to your inventory and select either item, and it will ask you if you wish to combine the items to make a new item. Select no, nothing happened. Select yes, then the items disappeared and a new item called "Stone Dagger" would appear, fully useable as a weapon.

The problems is, I wanted to craft it at the station, not like that. The second problem is, if I wanted to use stones in, say, 5 different items, there is no way to tell it to let you pick what items you wanted to craft.

If there is, it is beyond me, as I played with it for hours and the only successful and non-glitched program I could come up with was that. Still could be used with berries and herbs and other items to create specific healing potions I suppose...

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

To be able to do that with the ability to choose the stone you want to pick you would either have to be very skilled with scripting or do it through an event. It sounds much like my materia system I have for my game on RM2k3.