GameArts new game...

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

GameArts new game...

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.microsoft.com/xbox/projectsylpheed/

It's been out in Japan and comes out like July 10th or so here. I remembered reading about it like 2 years or so, then it disappeared off the radar for a long time, only to resurface late last year. I didn't have high hopes, considering GameArts' track record these days, but from what I've been reading, it's actually a really solid game. I'm really considering getting it. Just wondering if anyone has tried the import or is also interested in it?
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

It looks good. Too bad I don't plan on buying an X-box 360 anytime soon.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: GameArts new game...

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:http://www.microsoft.com/xbox/projectsylpheed/

It's been out in Japan and comes out like July 10th or so here. I remembered reading about it like 2 years or so, then it disappeared off the radar for a long time, only to resurface late last year. I didn't have high hopes, considering GameArts' track record these days, but from what I've been reading, it's actually a really solid game. I'm really considering getting it. Just wondering if anyone has tried the import or is also interested in it?
That does look pretty great... The original Silpheed on the Sega CD was awesome as well. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Ooooh that game looks good. And since I just got a 360 I'm looking for some new games. This one is now on my interest list for sure. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I have to say, "Engaging space saga from the makers of Final Fantasy" was not what I was expecting to see from this topic title. :P Still, Enix owns a chunk of GA so I guess it's not surprising. I'll have to look at the rest of the site when I get home. I've had no reason to buy a 360 and this would have to be pretty special for me to do so, though.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:I have to say, "Engaging space saga from the makers of Final Fantasy" was not what I was expecting to see from this topic title. :P Still, Enix owns a chunk of GA so I guess it's not surprising. I'll have to look at the rest of the site when I get home. I've had no reason to buy a 360 and this would have to be pretty special for me to do so, though.
Face it, FF sells. If someone took the crapiest, most expensive, waste of time and effort, and ugliest car on the market and said "From the makers of FF" I bet that son of a car factory will sell faster than the best and cheapest cars out there.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Hmmm. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Though... perhaps this is more of a general trend, but it seems like it's more the case for space-faring games to have the main character have blue hair. I don't know. Is there anything in particular about blue hair that'd associate it more with the stars or technology? (Like Schala's having her hair dyed in Chrono Trigger, or Lucia and Luna being goddesses?)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Sonic# wrote:Hmmm. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Though... perhaps this is more of a general trend, but it seems like it's more the case for space-faring games to have the main character have blue hair. I don't know. Is there anything in particular about blue hair that'd associate it more with the stars or technology? (Like Schala's having her hair dyed in Chrono Trigger, or Lucia and Luna being goddesses?)
Yea I've noticed that. Fayt in Star Ocean 3 has blue hair... Maria does too. KOS-MOS has blue Hair (Xenosaga) as well. And Serge from Chrono Cross also had blue hair. I do sense a trend of some sort there.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

For the record, the game is out now. And it's really good. Not enough to warrant the purchase of a 360, but if you have one, or plan to get one, it's worth the money for sure. Especially at an already discounted price of $40 rather than the normal $60.
-G1

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Yea I just got the game the other day. It's a lot of fun, took me awhile to get used to the controls, but fun none the less. Though there are so many freakin' enemies flying around in almost every level i've played so far... >_<

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm still only in the second string of stages. I died on that mission to destroy the giant missles that were hitting the base. I kept flying to fast and crashing into them.
-G1

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Yea that took me forever to finish. That's one thing I always do, I either crash head first into a warship or get right in the way of one of it's main weapons and my shields get neutralized like ice in the desert... and of course there is the occasional time where I'll accidently hit the wrong ship/fighter.

Zaskar
Nanza Bandit

Post by Zaskar »

If I had to guess, the Blue hair thing just seems to be some sort of way of singling out one of the main/special characters in a game/anime.