Konami's Lunar Knights logo too similar to the LUNAR font?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Iceberg
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Konami's Lunar Knights logo too similar to the LUNAR font?

Post by Iceberg »

Hi,

I was looking at the new Konami game for the DS "Lunar Knights" when I realized the logo font for the game looks quite similar to the one used in the LUNAR games 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Luna ... sCover.jpg

I found it curious, maybe I need a LUNAR fix soon 8)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I kind of agree actually. It does look very similiar to the Lunar font.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmm, intresting. Indeed it does look like the same font, if not is the same font.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Hmmm... could they be trying to capitalize on the Lunar franchise?

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Hmmm... could they be trying to capitalize on the Lunar franchise?
Thats exactly what i am thinking.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

exigence wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote:Hmmm... could they be trying to capitalize on the Lunar franchise?
Thats exactly what i am thinking.
Depressing thread. :cry:

Seriously, though! Not knowing this was a Boktai game for a while made me nuts.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's hardly an uncommon font style. I don't really see any reason for conspiracy theories, especially since the last successful Lunar release was so long ago. If anything, I'd expect them to want to distance themselves from the series, considering Konami wrote G1 asking him to remove references to this game from the site.

I'm not looking at my collection right now, but even just looking at LNet's game pages you can see how the LUNAR font has varied. In most releases there's been a highlighted horizontal stripe in the middle, including the Japanese releases of LL and Genesis. The font for those two in the US is noticeably different, particularly the N and A, and does not resemble the Lunar Knights one. (The European Lunar Genesis is even more different, and would easily be thought to be a different series if you were basing that judgment on font.) Only the Saturn/PS releases have had the L taller than the other letters, and EBC's font is far different from that of the rest of the games in its rocky style. SSSC's is pretty different too, with the R a different shape and descending below the baseline, the A curved, etc. Perhaps this was to distinguish it from the SCD releases' extra-tall A. Really, the only things the Lunar Knights logo have in common with the various Lunar ones is that it's all-caps in a font with serifs. That's not much.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I was poking around the GameFAQs "Lunar Knights" message board out of curiosity, and guess what I learned?

Apparently there's a character in it named "Lucian."

*smacks forehead*

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Lucian is a name often used in vampiric lore. I was checking out the Lunar Knights homepage and the game seems kind of cool. I wonder if it will be good.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Lucian is a name often used in vampiric lore. I was checking out the Lunar Knights homepage and the game seems kind of cool. I wonder if it will be good.
Yeah, there was a Lucian character in the Underworld movie.

Come on, it wasn't that bad!

Anyway, it's at least less suspicious than "Dyne", who was in Final Fantasy VII (flashback scene). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I don't even recall a Dyne reference in FF7 but I haven't played that game in an age. I don't own it anymore but I have the Japanese soundtrack. I saw Underworld but I never saw the sequel. It wasn't great but it was a hell of a lot better than that piece of dog sh|t known as Ultraviolet. Two completely different movies but still reference vampires.

Kiz, check out my reply for the FFVI thread. Maybe you can help on my inquiry.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I don't even recall a Dyne reference in FF7 but I haven't played that game in an age. I don't own it anymore but I have the Japanese soundtrack. I saw Underworld but I never saw the sequel. It wasn't great but it was a hell of a lot better than that piece of dog sh|t known as Ultraviolet. Two completely different movies but still reference vampires.
There was a flashback that I think Barrett had that included a character named "Dyne". It was the only time the character was mentioned, though it stuck out for obvious reasons.

Also, Underworld's only redeeming quality was that it had a lot of 'strutting'. They could've chosen better camera angles for those, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)