TLOZ: Twilight Princess

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I really hope that isn't the overworld music. It just sounds like a reworked Ocarina of Time overworld theme. I like some aspects of it, but I wan't more of a kick ass Legend of Zelda theme more like A Link to the Past. I really disliked OoT's theme, and didn't care for the game overall so if this is the music I'm just going to be reminded of the game constantly. I know people will disagree with me, but it puts me off.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I agree with you to an extent Silver Phoenix. Eiji Aonuma directed Majora's Mask and Wind Waker so maybe that will put your mind at ease seeing as he's supposedly directing Twilight Princess now. I'm still dreaming of the day I get to hear an operahtic remix of Marin's "Ballad of the Wind Fish." A lyrical version of "Ballad of the Wind Fish" would be nice too. Link' Awakening had some of the best musical compositions ever, in my opinion. The best overworld Zelda remix was on there and all the scores were brimming with emotion and fun.

Anyway, I'm still very excited about this game. I hope the wolf aspect can be integrated into the story successfully. I think the Link/Wolf idea is the make or break aspect of many peoples expectation. I think it can manage to grant a unique experience to newbies and Zelda fans alike.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I have a file of Zelda music that is all in midi form, so I'll have to dig out the Link's Awakening scores so I can give them a good listen. I thought some of the music was done well in The Minish Cap.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Link's Awakening has some of my favorite Zelda pieces. Not only the Ballad of the Wind Fish -- which I was fortunate enough to hear for the first time on the Hyrule Symphony soundtrack, before I got the game -- but several cute remixes of the main Zelda theme, my favorite of which is on the mountains. I'd like to hear that one arranged for strings. Also, each dungeon had its own music, which was nice.

Minish Cap did have some great music as well. I really, really wish that the Game Boy Zeldas would get the soundtrack treatment the other games have...even the Oracles had a couple of good tunes, albeit some clunkers.

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

Midi's can be used as ringtones in phones. "Zelda tune" NEW CALL! cool!8)

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Alunissage wrote:I never think of there being seven sages in that game, though, because the hexagon is so prominent in the Chamber of Sages and I don't think Zelda is ever there, is she? It seems silly to count her as one.

Heh, it must of been a while since you played the game. We never see Zelda make her presence in the Chamber of Sages, but Rauru, Sage of Light, did say that Link will meet the "Seventh Sage" at the Temple of Time after you had completed all the temples beforehand. Even Shiek discussed the Seventh Sage as being the one to rule them all and the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom before revealing her true identity.

Given the details the game provides, I personally consider Zelda a sage. I believe that's what her magic spells or powers represent as seen at the end of Ocarina of Time where Ganon/Ganondorf was sealed away in the Sacred Realm.

As for that note on expectations.....uh, you have any advice on how to drop those down a few nutches? I have a bad case of setting myself up for disappointment many times, but I have no clue how I can expect any less from something that completely blew me away the first time around. Perhaps it all comes down to mental discipline?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Best way is to avoid all media associated with the game, so you have nothing to focus on. ;) I know it's not easy, though.

And yeah, I'm currently replaying Ocarina of Time in English for the first time since 1999, and am not at that point. I'm just saying that I personally never think of her as being one, even if the game names her as one. Right now I'm trying to remember if there was a stained-glass window of her in that room in Wind Waker which has the ones of the sages, but I don't think she was represented there...though Ganon was.