Stella Deus

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Stella Deus

Post by Rune Lai »

Has anyone played this? The unusual art style of the game caught my attention (everything's so white and gray; like the world's made of bone), but all I really know about the gameplay is that it's another strategy RPG.

It is more like Shining Force where every character who goes out on to the battlefield has a name? Or is it more like Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre where you have a few named characters and then end up hiring a host of nameless minions? I know the game has character classes, but I'm not sure if they're SF-style set where they never change over the course of the game or OB/TO-style where they change at whim between battles with perhaps a skill or two held over.

Also, if it uses the latter class system, are the later classes fairly easy to unlock or do they have crazy esoteric requirements? I don't mind having crazy requirements for special classes that extras more than a necessity, but my experience with Tactics Ogre: TKoL would have been terrible if I hadn't used a guide to help me find the higher level classes. Even then the game was pretty challenging.

And that brings me to my last question. Anyone have any idea how hard it is? I generally prefer an easy strategy/RPG because I dislike having to take the time to replay a scenario after dying. That eats up way too much time.

rf_switch
Iluk Crackpot

Post by rf_switch »

I havent played it yet. I would really like too. Actually I'd really like to buy it and support Atlus. But i've been lazy/ blowing my money on other crap I really don't need.

Moonshadow
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Moonshadow »

After reading your post I decided to look up screenshots. I've always been a fan of this style game, so I think as soon as I have the money for it I'm deffinately buying this.
Those who live by the sword are usually shot by those who don't.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

This game just looks like an exact copy of Nocturne, and I did'nt like that at all, but it might be good.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

A strategy/RPG in a made-up world looks like an exact copy of a traditional RPG set in a post-apocolyptic Earth? O_o

I guess no one's played it yet. Too new still. :| I'll wait a bit before buying or not buying then.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Magus00
Pao Hunter

Post by Magus00 »

It's like the game La pucelle tactics or Disgaea right. Then I might get it.
All generalizations are false including this one.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Magnus00 will probably also get Phantom Brave, and then Phantom Kingdom when it comes out...It's what Disgaea fans always do...or will do...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Magus00
Pao Hunter

Post by Magus00 »

Probly phantom kingdom but I read the review of Phantom Brave they say it was not that good, and I did not like how you summon your soliders into battle. It was not a very good idea in my opinion :|
All generalizations are false including this one.