What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Compare Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time to Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

The first one is great and i had a blast beating it. The first one was elaborated on GREATLY and is so much better that playing the first one is somewhat irritating and feels restricted.

SotC is awesome but has plenty of flaws and they MAY listen like Ubisoft did and make a second one that addresses everything you disliked about the first one. I'm very grateful that it came out and i hope they continue it.

As for ToS, why yes....yes you should.

Heh, I should probably play the Prince of Persia games at some point. Hm, having just beat Shadow of the Colossus, it still feels disappointing to me. I loved the artistic presentation but the gameplay was blah for me. I'd rather just play a Zelda game....

...which reminds me, I need to come to a decision if I should just get the GC when it comes out or hold off for when/if I get a Wii and that version.

Yay, for going off the tangent!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Wii version. Get it.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Don't think you have enough information to advise him one way or the other.

If you want more traditional controls, don't want to buy a new system, and don't mind waiting until December (and/or won't have free time until then anyway) then wait for the GC version. If you don't mind trying a totally new controller and shelling out extra money for a new system as well as the game then get the Wii one. Another tradeoff, of course, is that the net will be flooded with news about the game when the Wii comes out, so some spoilage is inevitable for those waiting for the GC one.

I figure my sister will get the GC one and I'll get the Wii one, though I'd likely get the GC one for myself as well eventually. I'm still vaguely annoyed that I can't import the game ahead of time and familiarize myself with it before it hits the masses as I did with the last few Zeldas.

I'd planned to get Okami now but I don't think I'll have time until next week to play it, if then, so I'll probably just continue with FF II.

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

I'll probably have to settle for the GC version. With all the other games coming out in the next few months that I want (Okami, Children of Mana, Final Fantasy III, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, etc.) I simply can't afford a Wii if I get them and really, I'm not in a rush to get the system.

I think Twilight Princess will be just fine on GC, too. I'm also going to make it a point to avoid the gaming community during that period until I have the game in my hands and have played through it.

Alunissage wrote:Don't think you have enough information to advise him one way or the other.

If you want more traditional controls, don't want to buy a new system, and don't mind waiting until December (and/or won't have free time until then anyway) then wait for the GC version. If you don't mind trying a totally new controller and shelling out extra money for a new system as well as the game then get the Wii one. Another tradeoff, of course, is that the net will be flooded with news about the game when the Wii comes out, so some spoilage is inevitable for those waiting for the GC one.

I figure my sister will get the GC one and I'll get the Wii one, though I'd likely get the GC one for myself as well eventually. I'm still vaguely annoyed that I can't import the game ahead of time and familiarize myself with it before it hits the masses as I did with the last few Zeldas.

I'd planned to get Okami now but I don't think I'll have time until next week to play it, if then, so I'll probably just continue with FF II.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Many people have their morals blocking off this option, but i think i'm going the homebrew route when it comes to the DS because i'm a bit poor and all of the money Nintendo would usually get out of me they will anyway because of the Wii.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

You're constructing your own DS? ^_~ That's a mighty undertaking... not that I haven't thought about it concerning the SNES... thankfully my gf has one, so I don't have to singe my fingers soldering.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Still slowly making my way through EB for the first time! ^_^ I really hope I can get TSS one of these days! :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

LuNaRtIc wrote:Still slowly making my way through EB for the first time! ^_^ I really hope I can get TSS one of these days! :cry:

Hehe, first time is always the hardest but usually the most rewarding, as well. Are you playing the Sega CD version or the Playstation version?

And there's always ebay for TSS ;)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

RMXP BABY

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

AlasdairPalemoon wrote:Hehe, first time is always the hardest but usually the most rewarding, as well. Are you playing the Sega CD version or the Playstation version?

I'm playing the Sega CD version. :D And I've tried eBay several times, but always lost an auction or the game got too pricey for me. >_>; I'll keep trying though!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

LuNaRtIc wrote:
AlasdairPalemoon wrote:Hehe, first time is always the hardest but usually the most rewarding, as well. Are you playing the Sega CD version or the Playstation version?

I'm playing the Sega CD version. :D And I've tried eBay several times, but always lost an auction or the game got too pricey for me. >_>; I'll keep trying though!

I'm holding out hope that the original Lunar games will pop up on the Wii's Virtual Console. It's been announced that there will be Genesis games available, so it's not too much of a stretch to think that they'd have Sega CD games as well.

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

LuNaRtIc wrote:I'm playing the Sega CD version. :D And I've tried eBay several times, but always lost an auction or the game got too pricey for me. >_>; I'll keep trying though!

Good luck with that...by that, I mean both. Sega CD is the harder version, I think, but overcoming those challenges are rewardings. I understand about the ebay thing. There are some games I'd love to own or own again, but they just get too high than I'm willing to pay.

ilovemyguitar wrote:I'm holding out hope that the original Lunar games will pop up on the Wii's Virtual Console. It's been announced that there will be Genesis games available, so it's not too much of a stretch to think that they'd have Sega CD games as well.

Hm, there's always the possibility of that. Granted, the Sega CD games had the audio and video features that a cartridge console couldn't...but we'll see. If they have Sega CD games, then they'd have to have the Lunar games. Snatcher, too.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Vay

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

If they do Vay, I certainly hope there's a way to keep the old game balance instead of using WD's tweaked version. While their translation was great, they made the game unnecessarily tedious by upping the magic costs way too much. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Vay

Woah, I thought Pottle or Lucca had come back to the boards for a second there.
-G1

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

I just finished Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus. Despite what the reviews say, this game rocked from start to finish.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I did finish up a game of Civilization IV just now. As Peter the Great, I controlled half the world and my civilization was a shining beacon towards which everyone flocked. My enemies learned to fear the Cossacks, and my allies learned of my great generosity. And even though I was the first to construct nuclear weapons, I was the proponent of the CTBT through the United Nations.

Then I went back and played as the Vile Tribe in a quick game of Civilization II, higher difficulty setting. Just barely beat out my rivals in the Space Race. Good thing Ruid is 100% factory. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:I did finish up a game of Civilization IV just now. As Peter the Great, I controlled half the world and my civilization was a shining beacon towards which everyone flocked. My enemies learned to fear the Cossacks, and my allies learned of my great generosity. And even though I was the first to construct nuclear weapons, I was the proponent of the CTBT through the United Nations.

Then I went back and played as the Vile Tribe in a quick game of Civilization II, higher difficulty setting. Just barely beat out my rivals in the Space Race. Good thing Ruid is 100% factory. KF

Dude, you suck! Damn you for making me want to play the game! I mean, does it really have a United Nations, and you can wage war, go to space, build nukes (Friendship rings anyone?) and have allies? ;-; Blasted evil Kiz. Now I gotta go buy the game someday >_>

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

I'm currently occupied with Okami, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, and Xenosaga Episode III. I've actually beaten Okami, but am still playing so I can get all of those Stray Beads I missed. (Note: I missed almost all of them...)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

phyco126 wrote:
Dude, you suck! Damn you for making me want to play the game! I mean, does it really have a United Nations, and you can wage war, go to space, build nukes (Friendship rings anyone?) and have allies? ;-; Blasted evil Kiz. Now I gotta go buy the game someday >_>

United Nations: Yes! (Though it's tough to get a victory using them... I've gotten close too, but I usually end up making too many people mad.)
Wage War: Definitely! (It's a third of the fun!)
Go to Space: That's one way you can win! Though you don't get to actually play in space (all war is land, ocean, or air-based, and all cities are on land).
Nukes: Yes. And on the rare occasion where I've used them... they're a bit of overkill.
Allies: Yes! You gain favor (or lose it) with certain actions, such as equitable trades, possessing military strength, sharing the same religion and civics, staying at peace... and later in the game, you can sign defensive pacts.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time