What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Im playing Tomb Raider: Legend And Lunar Legend

SpaceFlare
Iluk Crackpot

Post by SpaceFlare »

Playing Golden Sun atm

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Replaying Lunar: SSSC and I just finished the Black Dragon Cave. I'll probably play Suikoden III next.

Ahh...my favorite games...they are soothing to the soul.
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I've been going through every one of the Lunar games so far. I finished the Sega CD games and imports, then Lunar: Walking School (which is when I re-wrote the entire walkthrough). Now I'm going through SSS and at the Frontier.

After this, I'll likely go through both the Saturn and PSX import versions (don't know if I'll go through both Saturn versions yet...). Then it's either the Eternal Blue versions, Lunar: Legend, or Lunar: Magic School.

So far my screenshot count is somewhere around 3000, although it'd be more if I had a better PSX emulator; I'm having to take notes while playing SSS on a regular PSX instead of screenshotting everything of significance. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nintendogs. =)

I'm hoping to get to some of my DS and GBA backlog now that I've finally gotten some headphones. Maybe I'll actually play Genesis in English now...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Alunissage wrote:Nintendogs. =)

I'm hoping to get to some of my DS and GBA backlog now that I've finally gotten some headphones. Maybe I'll actually play Genesis in English now...

Did the japanese one also have a plethora of grammatical and spelling errors?

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I'm playing tales of symphonia right now.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Dragonmaster Dyne wrote:I'm playing tales of symphonia right now.

GOOD MAN! this game is wonderful and is definitely the best rpg available for the gamecube.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Dragonmaster Dyne wrote:I'm playing tales of symphonia right now.

GOOD MAN! this game is wonderful and is definitely the best rpg available for the gamecube.

I want a PS2 English version...T_T
Guess we have to wait till Abyss comes...

Now playing Crescendo...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

NoA deserved a wonderful and exclusive rpg for the GC. I'm glad the PS2 version didn't make it stateside.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Nintendogs. =)

Did the japanese one also have a plethora of grammatical and spelling errors?

Ask Kizyr; he reads Japanese, I don't, except for katakana (used to phonetically render loanwords and names). I didn't see any inconsistencies with names such as were in the US/Euro game though.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

Has any one played Tales of legendia?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Hm, just finished SSS. I haven't played it since it was first released (I've replayed the Sega CD games countless times, but not the remakes as much).

Now it's onto the Japanese version(s) of SSS. Can't decide which one, though: Playstation, Saturn, or Saturn MPEG? I don't quite have time to play all 3, but I'm leaning towards the Playstation one so that I can take screenshots. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've been stalling for the past week. I'm nearly done with Phoenix Wright (I just have to finish 1 more day, but I don't have time until Sunday at the earliest; I'm going to the zoo tomorrow!)

Then Civilization IV, for the first time in months. I'm just playing pick-up games, set everything to random... and I'm starting to do Noble level again. So far I'm doing good... for some reason I'm always better with Archipelagos, possibly because of the difficulty of waging warfare for the AI (I tend to be culture/tech oriented and have less defenses).

And Avernum 4, a shareware game from Spidweb software. I've essentially completed the demo (in about 5 or 6 hours), and it was fun. I'm thinking about getting it, if only because I like dungeon crawling with races besides elves and dwarves (in this case, Slith and Nephilm).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

How do you like Phoenix Wright, Sonic? It seems like the humor at least would be up your alley.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:Then Civilization IV, for the first time in months. I'm just playing pick-up games, set everything to random... and I'm starting to do Noble level again. So far I'm doing good... for some reason I'm always better with Archipelagos, possibly because of the difficulty of waging warfare for the AI (I tend to be culture/tech oriented and have less defenses).

If I weren't wrapped up in Lunar, I'd be picking up Civ4 again.

Waging war, particularly a) defensive wars, and b) long-term conflicts, is the hardest part of scaling up the difficulty in Civ4 (and Civ3). Try a lesser difficulty and with Pangaea! It's loads of fun.

First thing to do is to have a very solid defense; sometimes you'll have to go generations with little to no city improvements, particularly cities that are on your Frontiers and close to neighboring civilizations. You might even have to forego most World Wonders (for someone who loves shiny city improvements and big metropolises, like me, this is the hardest thing to overcome strategy-wise). Second is to conquer your immediate neighbors as quickly as possible; if you expand early in the game then it makes raising larger standing armies much, much easier. 'Cause conquering neighbors is incredibly more difficult the more advanced your armies are (and more costly).

Final thing to do is to make sure your army is always mobile and up-to-date. Even if you want to concentrate on a culture-based or 'peaceful' victory, the "Big Stick" strategy tends to make sure that others won't interfere in your cultural pursuits by, say, trying to mount an invasion.

Unfortunately, my favorite strategy in Civ3 (M.A.D.) doesn't work so well in Civ4 anymore. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Werefrog wrote:How do you like Phoenix Wright, Sonic? It seems like the humor at least would be up your alley.

lol, it is. Just a quirky sort of humor... I've heard it compared to Monkey Island, and it isn't quite that, but it has a good balance of taking itself seriously and having that anime... flair, so that when I'm in the library playing it, and do an objection... I get stares, let's put it that way.

Waging war, particularly a) defensive wars, and b) long-term conflicts, is the hardest part of scaling up the difficulty in Civ4 (and Civ3). Try a lesser difficulty and with Pangaea! It's loads of fun. (strategy strategy strategy)

I'll be trying that next game I play, certainly. And will somehow suppress my building urges. I got an absurdly high score in a duel game by conquering China (as Persia) very early. Having more players and being able to continue after doing something like that would be... spiffy. [/quote]
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Finally playing Shadow of the Colossuss (wanted to wait until it was cheaper, and now it's 20 bucks ^^). It's a pretty game artistically, though as an altogether package, I'm disappointed. Tons of hype can do that, though.

I should start up Tales of Symphonia, again...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

AlasdairPalemoon wrote:Finally playing Shadow of the Colossuss (wanted to wait until it was cheaper, and now it's 20 bucks ^^). It's a pretty game artistically, though as an altogether package, I'm disappointed. Tons of hype can do that, though.

I should start up Tales of Symphonia, again...

Compare Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time to Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

The first one is great and i had a blast beating it. The first one was elaborated on GREATLY and is so much better that playing the first one is somewhat irritating and feels restricted.

SotC is awesome but has plenty of flaws and they MAY listen like Ubisoft did and make a second one that addresses everything you disliked about the first one. I'm very grateful that it came out and i hope they continue it.

As for ToS, why yes....yes you should.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Just completed Tenchu Fatal Shadows...God you gotta love lethal sexy female ninjas (kunoichis?) Ayame can tear me a new one anytime...^_^

Just also replayed and completed Zone of The Enders 2. Great mecha game for the ps2.

Just also completed and received all the endings for Crescendo...Another good game whereby most people won't come near unless with a meter long cattle prod...^_^