What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Shinto-Cetra » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Kizyr wrote:
Shinto-Cetra wrote:
Kizyr wrote:Not sure what I'll move onto after that... Maybe go back through much older games on my list (like Parasite Eve and the Arc the Lad collection). Though also the last time I played any Lunar game was when the EB Remake came out for the PSP... and the MS:L guide could use a cleanup from getting many of the dungeon directions wrong (east vs west e.g.)...

Don't you mean SSH for PSP? XD

I actually mean the EB Remake. It was released for the Playstation Online store so I downloaded it to my PSP (well I suppose technically it's a PSO game not a PSP game). It's Japan only so if I recall right, I needed to set up a Japanese account for it. It's been a while though.

SSH by contrast was... rather forgettable.

Oh you mean the Japanese PSone Classics re-release? I know about that one. For me at least PSone classics would be a "port" as the assets were mostly or completely reused from a previous version. When I see "remake" I think mostly new assets.

Alunissage
Goddess

Postby Alunissage » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:26 am

He meant remake as opposed to the SegaCD game. A lot of people referred to the Saturn game as EBR before it was released in the US as EBC.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Postby Nobiyuki77 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:07 am

Currently playing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Story is pretty compelling thus far.
-Nobi

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Postby ShugoHanasaki » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Still playing Trials of Mana & Warriors Orochi 4 to get those trophies. Started playing Atelier Ryza. It's okay. I was let down by all the hype.

Very excited for Trails of Cold Steel 4 in less than 30 days!!!!
LUNAR Telegram Group Chat

https://t.me/WorldofLunar

"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE"
- Jeff Hardy -

VidKid369
Nanza Bandit

Postby VidKid369 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:10 am

Hey, guys! I just beat Claude's game in Star Ocean: The Second Story (PSX) earlier this morning! I was trying to complete the Cave of Trials but I just hurried the game along and decided to just beat it! I have to go back to it one day for that, and to complete Rena's. I have never played her game before.

I'm now playing Breath of Fire for the SNES. It's been so long since I last played it I don't even remember if I've beat it. I was thinking about just going through the entire series since I have all 5 games lol. I'm really excited to play Breath of Fire II since my Uncle fixed the battery on the cartridge for me! I know, for sure, I've never beaten it before I think I made it to where you control just Sten as a kid and then I just stopped.

Edit: I decided to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) like I had originally planned. I dunno why I always change my mind the night before. lol

Alunissage
Goddess

Postby Alunissage » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:42 am

For some reason I decided to play the Zelda Oracles games. Probably because my husband just finished Link's Awakening (in Japanese, to practice reading) and I felt like solving some puzzles. I really hope these get a similar treatment to LA someday. The translation could definitely use a polish and Ages in particular would benefit from having more buttons available.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Postby ShugoHanasaki » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:14 am

What is everyone's opinion on Genshin Impact for PS4?
LUNAR Telegram Group Chat

https://t.me/WorldofLunar

"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE"
- Jeff Hardy -

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Postby Sonic# » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:52 pm

I played Disco Elysium, which focuses on an amnesiac cop who has to solve a case in a downtrodden corner of the world. The game is a bit rough, treading a thin line between making politics a part of the setting and being too didactic, but it succeeded in telling a story I was entertained by and in writing a lot of humor and heart into a dark narrative of personal recovery. My first playthrough, I specialized in Rhetoric and did pretty well with the dialogue. In this one, I'm focusing on Shivers (a kind of paranormal, intuitive sense of the world).

I'm dabbling with Star Wars Squadrons. I think they made a very fun arcade-like flight game. My only criticism is that I wish it was a little less forgiving. Being able to heal my ship mid-mission while blowing up countless starfighters feels a little unbalanced. In TIE Fighter, even knicking another ship would have meant hull damage or death, but the only death-by-collision I had was accidentally flying into a Star Destroyer's engines.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Return to “General Gaming”