What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Nobiyuki77 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Sakura Wars. Again.

I'm sure people who know me will be shocked by this revelation. Shocked I tell you.
-Nobi

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Postby ShugoHanasaki » Sat May 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Getting closer to returning my Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate 100% back to 100 % lol

Thanks a lot expansion lol
LUNAR Telegram Group Chat

https://t.me/WorldofLunar

"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE"
- Jeff Hardy -

VidKid369
Nanza Bandit

Postby VidKid369 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:10 am

Hey you guys!!! About three weeks ago I beat Dragon Warrior VII for PlayStation. It was loads of fun and I rolled the Clock into the 100th hour-mark lol. I loved it so much and I still think of that adventure still today.

I started Secret of Mana for Super NES right after, and I just beat it like an hour ago it was my first time through it I think. Now I have no idea what to play next!! :)

Edited: I decided to play Revelations Series Persona next.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Postby ShugoHanasaki » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:56 am

DW VII brings back a lot of memories! SOM is one of my favorites for SNES! Has been for 20 years (^^) Great choice!

I'm still playing Trials of Mana & Warriors Orochi 4
LUNAR Telegram Group Chat

https://t.me/WorldofLunar

"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE"
- Jeff Hardy -

VidKid369
Nanza Bandit

Postby VidKid369 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:04 am

I know I think as of right now Dragon Warrior VII is my favorite RPG ever. It was so long and it was so worth the near 200-hours I poured into it. I had such a fantastic adventure with it. Maribel is one of my favorite characters. As of right now I compare every RPG I play to how much fun I had with Dragon Warrior VII. I can see why Dragon Warrior/Quest is such a popular series now. I loved absolutely everything about it but I absolutely loved the length. I love big, long RPGs.

Secret of Mana is the one game that brings back a ton of forgotten memories from my childhood. I think it was the first time I beat it. It's so nostalgic to me everytime I beat it I think, "What a weird game." I know Secret of Mana is such a good choice. I had to beat it by myself though which was tough since the A.I. is horrible. I spent 50+ hours on it grinding and leveling all the Mana weapons and Magic Elementals up. I think it was a nice story too. I love all Nintendo RPGs especially its library on the Super NES, I can have just those games and I would be set for life.

Oohhh, are those games any good, ShugoHanasaki? Trials of Mana reminds me I still have Legend of Mana to beat on PSX!! :p

If anyone was wondering or cares, I'm currently making my way through the original Persona game on PSX. I just made it out of the Deva Yuga and I think I'm on the good paths and I'm nearly almost done. Thank God because this game is just absolutely horrible. The battle animations take forever to play out and there's a literal loading screen for each and every random encounter battle. The boinks are annoying as sin itself in this RPG and it's so weird and awkward everything about it. ::blech:: Sometimes the game doesn't allow you to run even if you try 10x in a row. Horrible.

On the bright side though I love the story I think playing as high school kids and being in High School is so relatable. ^_^ I love Naoya's character design he seems too cool, for school. I chose to go with Alana as I think she's super, duper funny and super real. I love her voice over it's the only one I can tolerate next to Naoya. The personas magic system is ok, pretty basic though. I like the melee weapons and being able to use guns a lot.

I think the dungeon designs is kinda neato and nifty cool it makes me want to play more dungeon crawlers. It's definitely a hard difficult RPG though something I'm not used to. Demons hit you hard in this game. Save points are sparse too as well. I think it's pretty short though on the plus side. It never feels like it's getting too long in the tooth. Anyways.

I just kinda think having a fantasy RPG set in the modern setting is a little awkward. I like medieval. The game actually makes me feel a little claustrophobic to tell the truth everything seems a little too confined.

Return to “General Gaming”