NintendoDs?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
MagicEmperor
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

NintendoDs?

Post by MagicEmperor »

hey guys i got a new nintendo ds light ok my frend told me its possible to browse the intrnet over it like the psp is true and how? also guys i got lunar ds and if i put the wifi ds thingy in comp will it let me connect to other lunar playrs?

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Should of waited till the 19th to get a DS, Pink and Onyx colors debut. But as far as getting online, you can only use DS WiFi to play games online via WiFi hotspots (router or mc donalds). And you can only use the ingame WiFi setup screens meaning no ineternet browser. However currently in Japan there is an Opera based browser cartridge going out to enable online web browsing. no word out when the West will be releasing this cartridge. And until then, a DS can't go online.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

The pink DS Lites look pretty awesome. I already have a DS now though. It works fine... so I can't even rationalize my way out of this one. A question for people on the board: is there an online mode for Lunar DS? I never tried. I heard someone on Game Faqs say that there is, but they're not known for being right.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Werefrog wrote:A question for people on the board: is there an online mode for Lunar DS?

No.

Insydius wrote:However currently in Japan there is an Opera based browser cartridge going out to enable online web browsing. no word out when the West will be releasing this cartridge.

Yeah, there is a version of Opera available for the DS, but it's not included (you have to buy extra stuff to use it). This is available in Japan, and a release date has been announced for Europe, but not for us (pun intended). So for anyone in North America, if you want Opera DS (and I do), you'll need to import it.

Incidentally, Opera will also be available for the Wii -- presumably included, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Okay, the Nintendo DS has 3 ways of playing multiplayer games.

1: Multiple card play. Games that have this type of multiplayer game play require at least two people who each have their own Nintendo DS system and their own copy of the game. The players need to be within (I think) 15 feet or so.

2: Single card download play. Games with this type of multiplayer only need one player to have a copy of the game, and other people can play by downloading the game information. It's just a temporary download though, and you lose the game information when you're no longer in range of each other or someone turns their system off.

3: WiFi play. These are games that can be played via multiplayer over the internet. The system connects to the internet via an internal WiFi chip, and plays the game with people all over the world. If you don't have a wireless host, there's a USB cord you can use to connect to the internet on a computer. There are only a few games that have this feature, but this is (in my opinion) really one of the most fun features of the DS.

And for the record, Lunar DS has multiple card multiplayer available. It's a card game that uses the cards you collect in the game.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Here's a review of Opera on DS:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152499

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote:Here's a review of Opera on DS:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152499

That's too bad. Can't say I'm surprised though. Maybe Opera will work better on the Wii. It doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal now. I remember loving surfing the web on the Dreamcast, but I guess it was novel back then.

Diz
Reza Thief

Post by Diz »

I wish I could play dragon sonng but I went threw two broken DS's i'm not gonna try buying another one.