Which main Lunar protagonist do you like best?

For any and all webpolls.

Which main protagonist(s) do you like best?

Alex (Silver Star)
45%
Hiro (Eternal Blue)
55%
Ellie (Magic School)
No votes
Jian (Dragon Song)
No votes

Total votes: 20

Klover
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Which main Lunar protagonist do you like best?

Post by Klover »

If you ask me, I like Lunar 2's Hiro the best. Unlike Alex, he actually has a personality (I never did care much for "silent protagonist" characters). Also, he has quite a sense of humor.
^What I think of Lunar.^

burn321
Lann Fisherman

Re: Which main Lunar protagonist do you like best?

Post by burn321 »

For sure, I haven't played Magic School yet so I was stuck between Alex, Hiro, and Jian. Jian is boring so far, and I don't even remember anything Alex said in Silver Star. I don't really remember anything from that game >.< Whoops...
"Lucia, I know you're not feeling very well......but I need to make sure that we're straight about something. Hiro is helping you out 'cause he's a nice guy, but he's ALL mine. Got that?"- Ruby

"What...what do you mean by that? I don't understand." - Lucia

"I mean you shouldn't get too close to Hiro, because you'd be setting yourself up for a fall." - Ruby

"Now I understand. You mean that Hiro tends to trip people who get too close. I will remember to walk several paces behind him in the future." - Lucia

"No, no, no! That's not what I meant! You're too dense to be a threat to me...let's just go!" - Ruby

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

How have I not seen this before? O.o

Hiro is my top choice. He was the character that introduced me to the series and when I went back to play SSSC for the first time I remember wishing Alex had been a bit more open as well. I mean Tempest was cooler than Alex and he was only in the party for the Black Dragon Cave!

Jian leaves much to be desired. Like he's not completely horrible but I think the dialogue is just lacking when it comes to personality in Dragon Song. The designs were cute but meh... What I've played of Magic School Ellie doesn't have too much of a personality either, though I feel like Rena takes up most of that spotlight so it kind of evens out since they're pretty much always together. Mind you I'm mostly speaking from watching the character portraits during gameplay and cutscenes to determine that.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Brit I'm essentially riding your coattail around this forum.. But I'd have to pick Hiro.. His attitude towards life and love is inspiring.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

brit wrote:Hiro is my top choice. He was the character that introduced me to the series and when I went back to play SSSC for the first time I remember wishing Alex had been a bit more open as well. I mean Tempest was cooler than Alex and he was only in the party for the Black Dragon Cave!
I like Hiro a lot more for the same reasons (even though he wasn't my introduction to the series). Though, Alex's closed-ness is partly a byproduct of him being at the height of the "silent protagonist" era of RPGs. He gets a bit fleshed out more in the remakes, but there's only so much you can do. But I identified more with Hiro and his sense of curiosity about the past and the foundational legends of Lunar.
brit wrote:Jian leaves much to be desired. Like he's not completely horrible but I think the dialogue is just lacking when it comes to personality in Dragon Song. ... What I've played of Magic School Ellie doesn't have too much of a personality either, though I feel like Rena takes up most of that spotlight so it kind of evens out since they're pretty much always together.
With Jian... the problem with him was the problem with the entire game: it was a storyboard with absolutely zero content added. They had a solid concept to start with, and just left it there to rot with almost nothing to really make him a character instead of a concept. That's why Jian, like the entire DS story, seems so flat and forced. (...if you ask me.)

Ellie I thought was a pretty good protagonist. She doesn't really come into her own until some of the later chapters (and an event in MS where she finds out about her own background some more), so yeah in the earlier chapters Lena takes a bit of the spotlight. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Alex has always been my favorite. Hiro had more character development I think and he definitely said more :P, but Alex was always my favorite.
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions