52%
Lunar2
48%

Total votes: 56

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Lunar TSS Is easily the best game in the series. With that said the remake of EB is better than SSS. It all depends what you've played.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

My friends and I have had this debate too many times to count, but we've noticed something interesting. Among our group we generally prefered the one we played first. I am an EB on Sega CD guy, and it's the first I played. Does this rule apply to you too, or is it just us?

It's still really tough to choose a favorite though...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not to me. I played TSS first, but EB on the Sega CD is my favorite game ever.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It probably does to me, as TSS was the first I played and the only one I played or even knew about for over three years before getting SSSC. I played EB a couple months later (didn't learn about it until the interviews in the SSSC manual) and never did really warm up to the characters, although I liked the magic system. I might've liked it better if I'd played it closer to playing TSS, but I dunno...the air of spiritual malaise is part of what put me off and it would've been more of a shock if I'd played them back to back. I was also mad about Althena's no longer existing, etc, which I suppose wouldn't have bothered me much if I'd played EB first.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I played TSS first and EB immediately after that. But, EB still remained my absolute favourite. I still have warm memories of my "firsts"--Vay, especially--but it's not enough to push it up to a "favourite" status. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zhirl
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zhirl »

Can't have a Lunar 2 before a Lunar 1, can we?
Anyways I prefer Lunar 2 because of Nall all grown up.
Curiosity killed the cat, white man brought it back.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

voted lunar 1 'cause it's the only one I did :(

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I'm still supporting my Lucia, yup. If you people don't want her, I'll take her!

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

Haven't played 1 for real. only Legend. And i have eternal blue which i think is fab.8)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I always have trouble answering this. The remakes improved a lot over the originals in my honest opinion, but quite a lot of story changes still bug me to this day. Of the two EBs, I'd have to say I prefer EBC. (Although I really, really wish they hadn't removed a certain part of the game. :evil:) As for TSS and SSSC...it's a dead tie. They are very different in my eyes compared to EB and EBC, so it is hard to compare them. Ghaleon was always my favorite character in those games, and I personally preferred him in TSS.

Overall from the entire series I'd have to say EBC is my favorite, but I hate picking a favorite anything! :(

So I voted Lunar 2. :P
- Mike

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

i have never played the original versions of the lunar games. i actually got lunar 2 complete as my first lunar game. i really enjoyed it, then about a year later i came across lunar silver star complete and i hve to say that i liked EBC better. i dont know if it was becuase that i played that one first, but i enjoyed it more than lunar one becuse it was less of a love story persay, but i enjoyed both games non the less.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I'm a story girl, but even more importantly I'm a character girl. Lunar 1 has more of both. Even in the original with it's much sparser text, the Lunar 1 characters have better chemistry.

That said, Lunar 2, especially the original, is more satisfying to play. I played Lunar 2 on SegaCD first.

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

yeah you have a point, see im more into the fighting tactics and actual gameplay in lunar two, which is what i mean by me liking it more as a game.

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

I like Lunar 2's storyline a little more than Lunar 1. Lucia becoming more 'human' is more interesting to me than the stereotypical 'save-damsel-in-distress'.

SKParasite
Lann Fisherman

Post by SKParasite »

I'd say I liked Lunar 1 better. It's a bit more enjoyable than Lunar 2, IMO. I still haven't beaten EB fully yet, I think I'm in the final area. :x

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I'd have to say lunar 1 because I liked Nall much better than I liked Ruby. I mean, in Lunar 1, the flying kitty seemed to be nicer, gentler, and liked to slap my own characters to wake them back up from getting killed. All ruby did for me was transform and look pretty in the background.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

For me, i like SSSC better. In EBC, you can't dash after you escape an enemy, unlikeSSSC. But it doesn't mean that i liked SSSC because of that, it's because i loved the story.

In EBC, it was alright... However, there were some parts that i didn''t like... what happened to the other places that appeared in SSSC?! why did some locations of one part move to another?! ex. Taben's Peak.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Lunar 2 all the way. I prefer Lunar 2 because the story is longer and the main character talks a lot more.

celestiallight
Lann Fisherman

Post by celestiallight »

I like Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, I like Lucia, Lucia is my most favorite character in Lunar 2 EB Complete

Oathkeeper
Burg Farmer

Post by Oathkeeper »

SilverOcean wrote:I like Lunar 2's storyline a little more than Lunar 1. Lucia becoming more 'human' is more interesting to me than the stereotypical 'save-damsel-in-distress'.

Very well put, I feel the same way.
I love both Lunar games deeply but I just felt Lunar 2 had the better plot.