Lunar Eternal Blue
50%

Total votes: 28

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

SSS vs. EB

Post by Monde Luna »

Obviously my vote goes for SSS. There is something about the story that is more emotional for me. Perhaps it's because I have an easier time relating to the connection w/ Alex & Luna vs. Hiro/Lucia.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: SSS vs. EB

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I gotta go with EB. I think both versions have better gameplay than the versions of Silver Star that are on their respective systems, and the cast in general is more interesting than those in Silver Star (Lucia and Leo in particular).

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I'm on the EB side too. I just love the characters and story from EB.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

EB hands down. I love Silver Star, but Eternal Blue was what really got me into Lunar. The plot was more complex to me, and I just liked the characters more. I felt their interactions and personalities were better.
-G1

Snipes101
Nanza Bandit

Post by Snipes101 »

SSSC :D was the best one for me, loved the relationship between alex and luna and the characters. But the EB still has a great story as well so its right under SSSC in my mind. :D

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

SSS i really liked the way the story progressed and i like that there are new interpretations of the story on different consoles. i think i also enjoy it more because ive played it moar, its easy to play through i can beat SSS in a few day, where as EB would take me a few weeks.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I've gotta go with EB. Lunar 2 is what got me into the Lunar Series. There was also just something about EB that I liked better than SSS. I'm not really sure what that is though. ^^;

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

It's a dead tie... I'm sure this poll has been done before. Are the results always split like this?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Pretty much.

I admit that I haven't voted because of ambiguity in the poll. I prefer TSS to EB, but EB to SSS[C].

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Usually any version of Silver Star wins these polls, but some of that may be due to people who played the first and not the second.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

That is an interesting point you both make... I haven't played SSS or SSSC in a very long time so I am sure that my memory is a combination of both of the games. I have played EB (PS version) fairly recently so that is the recollection that I have from EB. One of these days I want to replay the SegaCD versiond, I still have the gamed but no way to replay them.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

SSSC gets my vote! I love both a lot, but TSS and SSSC are just more special too me. I don't know if it's because they are the first games or what, but I've always loved those characters more than the EB characters. I will admit that the EB characters appeared to be a bit more fleshed out, but even still I just clicked with the first games more. To me especially in TSS the story was SO epic, like WOWed me. I liked the upgrade in SSSC... but I think when all is said and done, even TSS beats out SSSC for me. I really want to replay all the games before HoSS comes out though. So many games, so little time.

Theta
Nanza Bandit

Post by Theta »

I never played SSS, but EB had a great soundtrack, as well as good characters, so it has my vote.

* Even now that I have played it I still prefer EB.
Last edited by Theta on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dokken does not like chicken, and wants to destroy it. Protect your chicken from Dokken.

Gegi
Burg Farmer

Post by Gegi »

As much as I loved SSS... EB brought me into the wonderful world of Lunar. I think the only reason I prefer it is because Lunar 2 Eternal Blue was the first game to make me cry. Then it was SSS, ;) I felt like I really knew the characters in EB as if they were a person not just a game character.