Would you buy a remake of EB?

For any and all webpolls.

Would you buy a remake of Lunar Eternal Blue?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 54

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Would you buy a remake of EB?

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

This is something that i've been praying would happen for years! When SSSC got ported to PSP I was sure Lunar 2 would be close behind, but sadly it did not happen.
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:This is something that i've been praying would happen for years! When SSSC got ported to PSP I was sure Lunar 2 would be close behind, but sadly it did not happen.
Well, the Japanese version of EBC did get released on PSN so it's playable on a PSP.

...there seems to be absolutely zero interest in doing the same with the English version though, even though they could use the exact same translation. (I don't think there's anything preventing this, since copyright would've either reverted back to Game Arts, or if not then can't see why it wouldn't be cheaper to pay whomever the current copyright-holder is to re-use it.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Needs John Truitt, then yes. I know he's involved with Gaijinworks (Vic Ireland's new company) and will be in summon Night 6, so it could happen...hypothetically at least.
Actually, Rokura Naya voiced him in JP EBC. So if they don't add new dialogue (Naya sadly passed away in 2014) I would be ok if subtitles was an option.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Based on what Vic has said on NeoGAF over the years, I wouldn't expect Gaijinworks to localize any hypothetical Lunar releases.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Imperial Knight wrote:Based on what Vic has said on NeoGAF over the years, I wouldn't expect Gaijinworks to localize any hypothetical Lunar releases.
I'm aware of many of the difficulties they face; hence the word "hypothetical" is key.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Kizyr wrote:
ShugoHanasaki wrote:This is something that i've been praying would happen for years! When SSSC got ported to PSP I was sure Lunar 2 would be close behind, but sadly it did not happen.
Well, the Japanese version of EBC did get released on PSN so it's playable on a PSP.

...there seems to be absolutely zero interest in doing the same with the English version though, even though they could use the exact same translation. (I don't think there's anything preventing this, since copyright would've either reverted back to Game Arts, or if not then can't see why it wouldn't be cheaper to pay whomever the current copyright-holder is to re-use it.) KF
Oh I'm aware, but i already have my PSP hacked and a copy of PSX lunar 2, and already own it as well. I want a remake like Harmony ^_^
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions