Jian & Star Dragon
44%

Total votes: 18

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Round 1: Borgan / Black Dragon Rubeus vs Jian / Star Dragon

Post by GhaleonOne »

Borgan and the Black Dragon Rubeus from LL take on Jian and the Star Dragon!
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Re: Round 1: Borgan / Black Dragon Rubeus vs Jian / Star Dragon

Post by Angelalex242 »

Wow. The Fat man's winning.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

That's because Borgan is combined with the Black Dragon. They're an unstoppable combo!

We'll Gravity Bomb Jian and the Star Dragon so hard they'll compress into a singularity! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I forgot about Gravity Bomb. That might have swayed my vote a bit. But still, the Star Dragon, and you do have a Dragonmaster involved. However unmemorable he was.
-G1

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Don't let Kissyr blind you! Remember, you fought the Star Dragon after Zophar and Ghaleon. So, he was a tougher. And a Dragonmaster vs. a fascist ideolog that only had one move!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

One awesome move! And don't forget his three henchmen and floating pad! And he had Neo-Vane!

On top of that, the Black Dragon is with him. The Black Dragon! Now that's power! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

It's a tie ballgame, folks.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

But Jian knows how to stand on his hands!

And recall, in 2001 Dave didn't say, "My God, it's full of black," but "My God, it's full of stars."

Stars are more sublime than black, and Jian can stand on his hands. I don't know how much more clear-cut it can get.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GGGGRRRRRRAAAAAVVVVIIITTTTYYYYY
BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I dunno if you've noticed, but there's more Black out there than Stars! The void reigns! And, what's more powerful? A star, or a black hole?

Borgan + Black Dragon wins, every time! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Yeah, but all 3 of the Dragons, including Nall, speak very respectfully of the Star Dragon. They're all 'yeah, you don't want to mess with this guy.' I imagine the fact the Star Dragon has access to all elements is what keeps him just that little bit stronger then the 4 Dragons of Althena.

But it won't matter. The Fat Man's winning again. And all Jian's headstanding won't do him any good if Borgan sits on him. He isn't strong enough to lift that much weight. Nobody is.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Kizyr wrote:GGGGRRRRRRAAAAAVVVVIIITTTTYYYYY
BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I dunno if you've noticed, but there's more Black out there than Stars! The void reigns! And, what's more powerful? A star, or a black hole?

Borgan + Black Dragon wins, every time! KF
Space is just background... and it isn't a void. It's just very sparsely distributed matter that doesn't give off light. Stars, through the power of fusion, give off light and other forms of radiation. Black holes only spit off radiation as the result of what they consume. They are inherently negative to the stars' positive force and illumination. It isn't a matter of strength, but of who should succeed.

In Isaac Asimov's short story Nightfall, two things drive people crazy when an eclipse (and nightfall) happens for the first time in a thousand years on a planet which normally has two or three suns in the sky at once. They're scared of the dark. But it isn't that dark. What they're even more afraid of are the millions and millions of stars in the sky.

And Jian's handstand beats gravity. Every time.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:Space is just background... and it isn't a void. It's just very sparsely distributed matter that doesn't give off light. Stars, through the power of fusion, give off light and other forms of radiation. Black holes only spit off radiation as the result of what they consume. They are inherently negative to the stars' positive force and illumination. It isn't a matter of strength, but of who should succeed.

In Isaac Asimov's short story Nightfall, two things drive people crazy when an eclipse (and nightfall) happens for the first time in a thousand years on a planet which normally has two or three suns in the sky at once. They're scared of the dark. But it isn't that dark. What they're even more afraid of are the millions and millions of stars in the sky.

And Jian's handstand beats gravity. Every time.
But Dark Matter comprises, what, 70% of the universe? No one fears the starts; that's hogwash. Everyone fears the dark. ...and the vashta nerada. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Dark Matter just feels insecure unless it has strength in numbers. And it isn't that people fear the stars (outside of fiction), but that they have a need to - it's only a matter of time until a star intersects the solar plane and sends our planet whirling toward Pluto or to a fiery demise. The sun will go red giant sometime. Jupiter may turn into a star. Black holes and such are more remote threats. A star has many ways of ruining a person's life - even astrology.

... though, as you say, the Vashta Nerada are to be feared. I might have to let you get away with that one. That's a ... good point.
Sonic#

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:Dark Matter just feels insecure unless it has strength in numbers. And it isn't that people fear the stars (outside of fiction), but that they have a need to - it's only a matter of time until a star intersects the solar plane and sends our planet whirling toward Pluto or to a fiery demise. The sun will go red giant sometime. Jupiter may turn into a star. Black holes and such are more remote threats. A star has many ways of ruining a person's life - even astrology.

... though, as you say, the Vashta Nerada are to be feared. I might have to let you get away with that one. That's a ... good point.
On the first part, it's so incredibly unlikely that a star will actually intersect our solar plane. It's like two atoms just randomly smashing into one another and causing nuclear fusion (on the earth, at least). Considering the immense distance between the stars, even when Andromeda and the Milky Way collide, our own star will be fine. And by the time it turns into a Red Giant, the Earth will be long gone anyway (plate tectonic activity ends, climate shifts, and humanity will probably evolve and/or move out). Jupiter couldn't turn into a star... it simply doesn't have the mass--and even if it did turn into a star, it wouldn't be any brighter than a crescent moon in the sky, and have little climatological effect.

But, I fear we may be getting off the subject. If you really wanted to throw me for a loop, you'd point out that the Black Dragon eventually went insane. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)