For any and all webpolls.

Who would win this Battle Royal?

Superman (Golden Age)
21%
Harry Potter (In book 7)
21%
Cole Turner (Charmed Season 5)
7%
Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3 and Pre-Darth Vader)
14%
Neo (Matrix Revolutions)
14%
Angelus (Any time during Buffy or Angel)
No votes
River Tam (Serenity)
14%
Optimus Prime (Most recent Transformers Movie)
7%

Total votes: 14

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Who would win this Battle Royal?

Post by AlexHiro4 »

This may sound completely random, but I've always tossed around the idea of Superpowered characters from COMPLETELY different fictional universes fighting each other in a Battle Royal. There are only three guidlines:
1) This battlefield contains ALL the elements that give these characters their power. For instance, Neo has all the powers he'd have while inside the Matrix and Anakin Skywalker would still have the force at his command.
2) All weaknesses that the characters would normally have, such as Kryptonite with Superman, still apply.
3) Characters tend to progress and get either more or less powerful during a series. Please keep in mind that these characters are at the point in the series indicated in parenthesis.

Also, feel free to post a scenario of how you think different fights would turn out. I'll post mine a little later when everyone else has had a chance to vote and post. Enjoy!
Last edited by AlexHiro4 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Who would win this Battle Royal?

Post by Kizyr »

River Tam.

Because she has no remorse and can beat up everybody.

Although, if you had Lex Luthor on there, then I might reconsider.

If I have time later, I'll give a picture of how the fight would go. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Kizyr wrote:River Tam.

I'm curious, how exactly would River kill Cole? You do realize that in Season 5 of Charmed Cole was invincible and unvanquishable right? He actually tried to commit suicide several times and he couldn't even pull off vanquishing himself. The only reason he did get vanquished was because he altered reality and he became Belthazar again (who was not invincible). Altering time and reality is really the only way to kill him.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

AlexHiro4 wrote:
Kizyr wrote:River Tam.

I'm curious, how exactly wouold River kill Cole? You do realize that in Season 5 of Charmed Cole was invincible and unvanquishable right? He actually tried to commit suicide several times and he couldn't even pull off vanquishing himself. The only reason he did get vanquished was because he altered reality and he became Belthazar again (who was not invincible). Altering time and reality is really the only way to kill him.
Pfft, I never watched Charmed.

River Tam wouldn't really kill herself. Cole would. River wins since she can leave Cole to fight himself. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Kizyr wrote: Pfft, I never watched Charmed.

River Tam wouldn't really kill herself. Cole would. River wins since she can leave Cole to fight himself. KF
Valid point. Cole was a total nutcase. I guess his biggest weakness would be his craziness, so if you could mess with his mind you'd be in good shape. He still has freakishly awesome powers though.
I really shouldn't have posted so soon in the first place. Sorry. I'll wait until a few more people have posted before I get into greater detail.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I think Harry Potter could do the trick. How would he do it?

Superman - He'd ask Neville or Hermione, who would go on and on about how people from Krypton have a weakness to this rare rock, Kryptonite. So he'd constantly keep some with him as a ward. Then conveniently cast aguamenti when he comes close to drown him, like it should've happened in Superman 1.

Cole Turner - Harry's best bet would be to stay out of his way until someone takes care of him or he takes care of himself. Convenient apparation would do the trick.

Anakin Skywalker - Get behind him and call out, "Accio lightsaber!" with it activated. Or wizard duel him, and keep the protego spells handy for any dark force used against him.

Neo - I would foresee this one as the toughest fight. Probably let him get weakened taking down Cole Turner, and then cast Levicorpus on him. Promptly smash him on the ground and cast Avis and Oppogno to assault him with flying birds. He'll be thrown off by the unexpected use of a rule he doesn't know how to bend or break.

Angelus - A vampire? Please. They're wizard-fodder.

River Tam - Locomotor Mortis! Or the Jelly-Legs Jinx. Or Tarantallegra. Basically take out her legs and assault her from a distance.

Optimus Prime - He's nonliving, so a well-placed expulso spell or something like it would work.

Basically Harry works because of the versatility of the spells he knows, his ability to hide using the invisibility cape, and the quick knowledge of both himself and his friends. Even if one of the explanations would fail, he could take any of the others out.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Sonic# wrote:
Anakin Skywalker - Get behind him and call out, "Accio lightsaber!" with it activated. Or wizard duel him, and keep the protego spells handy for any dark force used against him.
Or... just trick him into jumping into a pool of lava.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

"This is the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny..." :P

My bet's on Potter. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Ol 'arry gets my vote.
-G1

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

River all the way!
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

My bet's on the Last Son of Krypton. The other characters might know about Kryptonite, but that doesn't give them time to get any when their opponent is moving faster then a speeding bullet. Basically, the other characters lose to flat out speed and power, as he moves too fast for any of the rest to keep up. Even Neo isn't fast or strong enough to keep up with the Man of Steel.

Granted, Superman does have a weakness vs. magic, but that only helps Harry if Harry knows he's coming...and Superman doesn't burst through a wall and rocket him towards wherever before Harry has a chance to mumble a single word. Seriously. Magic doesn't help when your opponent can snap your neck in less then a millisecond.

The rest? Who cares if Cole is invincible? He isn't fast or strong enough to compete. Superman can just throw him into outer space, perhaps towards the Sun, and let him hang out for the rest of his days on a flaming ball of gas.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Angelalex242 wrote: The rest? Who cares if Cole is invincible? He isn't fast or strong enough to compete. Superman can just throw him into outer space, perhaps towards the Sun, and let him hang out for the rest of his days on a flaming ball of gas.
Or... Superman can make the world rotate backwards allowing him to travel back in time when Cole wasn't invincible.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Accio Kryptonite!

The plan would only work if Superman went after Harry first. Otherwise, he would have enough time to protect himself.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Okay guys, here's my opinion of how this would turn out. Keep in mind that I'm a HUGE fan of Superman and I still voted for Cole.

Before I give my matchup explanations let me give you a short history or Cole, so you can understand how he became as powerful as he is.

Cole was introduced in season 3. You find out that he is half human (Cole Turner) and half demon (Belthazar). Belthazar is one of the most powerful servants of The Source (of all evil). His human side fell in love with Phoebe, one of the Charmed ones. After that he became a good guy for a while. Halfway through Season 4 he was stripped of all his demonic powers, so he became fully human for a short while. However, when the Charmed ones defeated The Source his powers went into Cole. He tried to fight the evil inside of him, but it was more potent than when he was Belthazar. He caved in and became the new Source. He hid it from the Charmed ones for a while and actually had an evil wedding ceremony with Phoebe. Finally, the Charmed ones figured him out and vanquished him. At the very end of the season you see
Cole in the Demonic Wasteland (which is where demons go when they die). There is a beast there that devours the essence (powers) of demons. Since Cole was half human his human spirit was stuck in the demonic wasteland without any powers trying not to be eaten. Eventually he figured out that if he touched the essence of a dead demon before the beast could reach it then he would absorb all the powers of that demon. He went all around the Demonic Wasteland, gathered a FREAKISH amount of powers, killed the beast, left the wasteland, and raised himself from the dead. When season 5 began he had a tremendous amount of powers and you later find out that he's invincible too. Here's a list of those powers:

1-Materializing- This is a form of teleporting (like orbing, shimmering, and flaming).

2- Energy Balls- These are bright blue balls of energy that are used to evaporate their target. This is a standard demon attack.

3- Fireballs- These are bright orange balls of fire that are used to make their target burst into flames. This is more powerful than standard energy balls and is only used by the absolute highest level demons.

4-Lightning- Shooting lightning from the hands. This is not a very common power for demons to have. Only a select few (like Cole) have it.

5-TK Materializing- This stands for telekinetic materializing. Essentially what this means is that Cole can transport anything (or anyone) to ANY location he wants.

6-Slow down time- This one is self explanatory. Cole can slow down time to any speed he wishes. Even to a stop.

7-Internal Combustion- With just the wave of a hand Cole can make anything or anybody burst into flames.

8-Mind Control- Kind of like using "Jedi mind tricks". Cole can manipulate the minds of others to make them do his bidding.

9-Supernatural Strength- Cole, like a lot demons in the Charmed universe is VERY strong physically and is VERY capable of winning a fight without energy balls, fireballs, or lightning.

10-Shape shifting- Cole can take on the appearance of anyone or anything he wishes. He can also change the form of someone else.

11-Altering Reality- Cole has the ability to change events from the past. As a result, reality is changed because a new chain of events is formed. Ultimately, this is what caused the death of Cole.

12-Invulnerability- Cole is literally invincible. Nothing can kill him other than altering reality and making him Belthazar or The Source again. This also includes immunity to offensive magic (energy balls, fireballs, lightning, vanquishing spells, etc...).

13-Knowledge of spells- This isn't really a "power" so to speak, but it's a major asset. Cole has been alive for 100 years. He has a vast knowledge of dark magic and knows thousands of spells.

Now, here's how the fights would go:

1)Optimus Prime- This one's easy. He'd short circuit him by shocking him with lightning.

2)Superman- Cole would slow down time so Superman would be moving at either a normal speed or slower. Then he conjure some Kryptonite and strap it to his chest and leave him to die.

3)River- She's really fast and really strong....but she's still really human. Cole could slow her down to whatever speed he felt necessary and blast her with an energy ball or a fireball.

4)Angelus- Cole would TK Materialize him to a part of the world that was sunny. Angelus would fry to ashes.

5)Anakin Skywalker- This one might take a little while. Anakin would block all of Cole's projectiles with his lightsaber and his mind is too strong for Cole's mind control. What Cole would end up doing is TK Materializing his lightsaber REALLY far away (like another galaxy). After that he'd just fry him with his projectile of choice.

6)Neo- This guy might be a bit of a challenge too. He does alter reality to some degree, but not to the point of changing who or what Cole is. He would probably try to blow him up from the inside like he tried with Smith, but Paige Halliwell already tried that with Cole. It doesn't work. If he's blown up he just rematerializes.

7)Harry Potter- Magic versus magic. Harry's good. Really good. However, there are a few things NOT in Harry's favor. #1- His real strength comes from his friends. Hermione's not around to look up spells for him and Ron's not there to cheer him on. #2- Cole is immune to offensive magic. Even Adava Kedavra won't work on him. #3- Cole's 100. He has A LOT more magical experience than Harry. He knows COUNTLESS spells Harry hasn't even heard of. The only thing that would be irritating for Cole would be that pesky patronus charm. It would block a lot of Cole's spells for a while, but he never gets magically exhausted. Harry does. Cole would just slowly wear him down.

Anyway, that's what I think would happen.
Last edited by AlexHiro4 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

If I get to watch, then I win.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I would have to say Neo? Can't he do anything while being in the Matix? I bet he could even make a perfect soufflé out of my printer.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sadrin wrote:I would have to say Neo? Can't he do anything while being in the Matix? I bet he could even make a perfect soufflé out of my printer.
He can't do everything in the Matrix, but he can do a lot. He can do things like bending and breaking the rules of physics. He can't change reality itself or turn something (or someone) into something it's not. Cole can. I honestly think Cole would be powerful enough to beat Neo without altering reality. However, if he needed to he could cast a spell to change the past and have Neo choose the blue pill instead of the red one. Neo would be clueless and powerless. Cole would win.

Btw, I just watched The Matrix again last night. I freaking love that movie.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Pfft, Neo can do some of those things *OUTSIDE* the Matrix. Remember when he destroyed one of the small armies of robots while on the way to the core, or whatever the heck it was?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

You assume, in your description, that Cole has time to prepare for the man of steel. I assume he doesn't. Slowing down time again doesn't help much if you've already been rocketed into outer space. Outer space, where there's no air, and hence, you can't talk. No talking, no spells.

And then Cole's SOL as Superman leaves him on some world that has no atmosphere so he can never get the air in his lungs necessary to speak.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

phyco126 wrote:Pfft, Neo can do some of those things *OUTSIDE* the Matrix.
What exactly do you mean? Stopping Sentinals just by holding up his hand and seeing images while being blind is amazing, but it's not exactly a reality shift. It's more along the lines of breaking the rules of the physical world. Were you responding to my post or a different post about Neo?
Angelalex242 wrote:You assume, in your description, that Cole has time to prepare for the man of steel. I assume he doesn't. Slowing down time again doesn't help much if you've already been rocketed into outer space. Outer space, where there's no air, and hence, you can't talk. No talking, no spells.

And then Cole's SOL as Superman leaves him on some world that has no atmosphere so he can never get the air in his lungs necessary to speak.
Nice idea, but that actually wouldn't work either. I'm not sure if you've seen Charmed before, but demons in the Charmed universe don't have to speak to teleport (in Cole's case, materialize). Most of the magic that requires him to speak is bigger spells. Like altering reality. He actually uses hand motions for a good portion of his offensive magic (energy balls, fireballs, slowing down time, etc...). Don't think about ripping off his hands either. He'd just regenerate them because he auto heals. Cole may not be able to anticipate Superman's speed at first, but being thrown into outer space wouldn't phase him. He'd just materialize accross the galaxy back to Earth and THEN slow down time for Superman. Brute strength and super speed doesn't mean much when your opponent is invincible and can teleport just by willing it.

Really creative idea though. I like your thinking. That would definitely work against Harry Potter. Doesn't he have to speak for all of his magic?