Would you guys like to see a mobile version of Lunar-Net?

For any and all webpolls.

Would you like to see a mobile version of Lunar-Net?

Yes
57%
No
No votes
I don't really care either way.
43%

Total votes: 7

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Would you guys like to see a mobile version of Lunar-Net?

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I have an LG 9900 (enV) cell phone. It has internet access, but it's the really crummy Mobile Web 2.0 (from Verizon) that's condensed and can only view smaller pages. A lot of websites like Google, Ebay, Yahoo, and ESPN.com have mobile versions of their websites that are smaller, use less phone memory, and are generally more cell phone friendly. Unfortunately, Lunar-Net doesn't have that yet. I talked to G1 yesterday and he's interested in making a mobile version of this site, but he thought it'd be a good idea to see how many people would actually be interested. Anyway, PLEASE vote on this one guys. Thanks!
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Would you guys like to see a mobile version of Lunar-Net?

Post by Sonic# »

I don't surf the web using anything of that small a screen, so while I think it'd be a cool idea, I can't justify G1 doing it.

When I first read the subject, I imagined this hulking large mecha, a mobile suit trekking across the country, serving justice Dragonship Destiny style, if Leo weren't misguided while using it.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sonic# wrote:I don't surf the web using anything of that small a screen, so while I think it'd be a cool idea, I can't justify G1 doing it.

When I first read the subject, I imagined this hulking large mecha, a mobile suit trekking across the country, serving justice Dragonship Destiny style, if Leo weren't misguided while using it.
I understand. Not everyone compusively gets on the internet on their cell phone every 10 minutes like I do. Lol. Hopefully for me maybe there will be a few more cell phone geeks on these boards that would like to see this.

As for the large hulking mecha...well, that would just be PIMP! Can you imagine Lunar-Net going across the country taking out bad guys? G1 would be the savior of the world then! Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I would. =P I've been wanting movile lunar since Pocket PCs where king of, well, mobile computing. Stupid ungrateful Cellphones...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I think a mobile version would be good since a lot of people today have cell phones with access to the internet. I do have access to the internet with my cell phone, but its extremely awful. So, I don't care either way.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'd be all over it. I'd probably even be more active on the site.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I may actually throw this up as the homepage poll for a bit. That other one has been there way too long. I wanted to use Sonic's RPG text one, but there was just too many options to fit and look good.

As for the topic, I would love to do a mobile LunarNET, just for the experience, but it'll definitely be after some other projects (and not until I get a lot of the currently under construction/coming soon's done too). But at some point, I'm sure I'll do one. It would definitely be a "lite" version of the site, as it would be too time consuming to transfer the entire site to another style (hell, it's taken 10 years to get what we have and it's still not done!) but at least I could put up some of the more popular stuff like artwork images, maybe a Flash Lite video player for cell phones, to watch Lunar movies on your phone. Things like that.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That would be uber. I would totally con people into buying internet access (so you don't get a $50,000 a month bill) to go here. :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I may actually throw this up as the homepage poll for a bit. That other one has been there way too long. I wanted to use Sonic's RPG text one, but there was just too many options to fit and look good.
Wow, that's an honor. Thanks a lot G1!
It would definitely be a "lite" version of the site, as it would be too time consuming to transfer the entire site to another style (hell, it's taken 10 years to get what we have and it's still not done!) but at least I could put up some of the more popular stuff like artwork images, maybe a Flash Lite video player for cell phones, to watch Lunar movies on your phone. Things like that.
Would we still be able to access the message boards? Getting on the boards is one of the most enjoyable parts of the site for me.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Would we still be able to access the message boards? Getting on the boards is one of the most enjoyable parts of the site for me.
That would be unlikely, unless you can already view it and/or phpBB decides to release some kind of mobile support. That would take way too much effort to pull off otherwise.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

GhaleonOne wrote:
That would be unlikely, unless you can already view it and/or phpBB decides to release some kind of mobile support. That would take way too much effort to pull off otherwise.

Hmm... Well then I'm less excited about the prospect of a mobile L-Net. I still think it'd be a good thing, but I'd assumed the being able to post on the boards would be part of it.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Would it be easier to pull off if you just focused on the threads and not the other parts of Lunar-Net? I'm not sure how everyone else feels about it, but I'd be fine with that. The threads are where we get to interact with one another as a community.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

To be honest, no. The boards would be a lot more work to make mobile. Definitely not something I would have the time to pull off, for sure.
-G1

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Okay guys, I think I've figured out kind of a semi-solution. I was messing around with Google on my phone and typed in Lunarthreads. The first link that pops up is the index page for the message boards. Here's the cool thing....it's a mobile version, sort of. Since I was viewing it through the mobile version of Google it also reduced Lunarthreads to a more mobile-friendly version. It wasn't slow, it was easy to navigate, and the graphics weren't huge. You can also view a "mobile version" of the Lunar-Net home page by using the same Google method. There's only one drawback to this whole thing, you can't post on the message boards. I was able to sign on and everything, but for some reason my messages just wouldn't post. Oh well, something's better than nothing I suppose. I still think it'd be cool for G1 to do his mobile version of the home page because the "Google version" doesn't look quite as good as a specifically made one would look. In the meantime, all you guys that have the internet on your phone ought to try this.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

How would posting using a mobile look? I mean, I wouldn't be that adverse to it, but if it looks like a lot of the text messages I get from family that otherwise type normally... I'd be a little wary.

And though it doesn't pertain to me, cool fix. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time