Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Post by Pluvius »

Wikipedia link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_mu ... ja_turtles

Image link:
http://img89.echo.cx/img89/1610/dreamwave110243rf.jpg

(EDIT - Kiz: I changed these to links since the image distorted the size of the pages.)

For those that don't know:
Leonardo wears blue, has two ninjaken (Though every incarnation mistakenly calls them katana), & leads.
Donatello wears purple, has a single bo, & does machines.
Raphael wears red, has 2 sai, & is cool but rude.
Michelangelo wears orange, has 2 nunchaku, & is a party dude.

Some references, for those that need them or just for plain entertainment:
'80s cartoon opening
2003 cartoon opening
Level 9 of Turtles in Time for the SNES, Starbase
Gameplay preview for TMNT for the PS2 based on the 2003 cartoon
First movie's trailer
A clip from Secret of the Ooze, the second movie
Leonardo versus Raphael in the 4th movie, from 2007
Trailer for the game based on the 2007 movie
RED! Do you know what that means? I am the most powerful trainer in the world.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Post by Sonic# »

I was always stuck between Leonardo and Donatello (I voted Donatello this time). Leonardo has swords, and Donatello has a staff... two of my favorite weapons. And I most go with their manners... especially Donatello.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I always liked Raphael and Donatello, but I voted Raphael since he had no vote yet. ^_^'

I remember watching the old cartoon every mourning when I was younger. I had a line up I watched that included some shark (Sewer Sharks...I think??) thing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that Mario cartoon, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was the same as you Sonic. It was always between Leonardo and Donatello. I think I started with Donatello, and switched to Leonardo at some point.
-G1

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i always liked Michelangelo but that was the original tmnt not the newer ones

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

Dark_Fairy wrote:some shark (Sewer Sharks...I think??) thing
Street Sharks

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I voted Michelangelo, but truthfully I'm stuck between him and Leonardo.
I always liked Michelangelo for his carefree funny personality and his party animal side. Plus, Robbie Rist was his voice actor in the original movies, and Robbie's a pretty cool guy lol.

As for Leo, I like leaders. His sense of justice and level-headedness was always a plus in my book. James Arnold Taylor was his VA in the newer TMNT movie, and Mike Sinterniklaas voiced him in the newer cartoons. I'm fond of James' work, and I recently met Mike at a con. He's very funny and nice. :)

So I suppose I'm a little biased towards the Turtles' VAs. xD But it's a toss up between those two.
Dark_Fairy wrote:I remember watching the old cartoon every mourning when I was younger. I had a line up I watched that included some shark (Sewer Sharks...I think??) thing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that Mario cartoon, and Sonic the Hedgehog.
I watched the very same line up! I never missed an episode of SatAM Sonic. :D Wasn't the old Zelda cartoon in there somewhere as well? I used to watch that too. Ah, this reminds me of all the old cartoons I used to watch. Alvin and the Chipmunks, Beetlejuice, Adams Family, Tales from the Crypt Keeper....
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Easy, Donatello. I thought he had the most skill with his weapon, and I liked how he was always billed as the brains of the group. Also, whenever we used to play TMNT when I was little, I was always Donatello.

I also like how he's Tech Support in the new TMNT movie. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Voted Donatello. i'm surprised to see him having the most votes. also, the entire soundtrack to TMNT turtles in time should be posted. that definitely needs a VC release.

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

I'd imagine TMNT 4 will get a VC console release eventually. I mean, Castlevania & Ghosts'n Goblins went way out of order, so we don't necessarily need to wait for 2 & 3 to be released first.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Kizyr wrote:Easy, Donatello. I thought he had the most skill with his weapon, and I liked how he was always billed as the brains of the group. Also, whenever we used to play TMNT when I was little, I was always Donatello.

I also like how he's Tech Support in the new TMNT movie. KF
Yeah, my choice was determined a lot by how I played the games. Especially the ones for the SNES... I forget what they were. Otherwise, I might still be a Raphael fan.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

It's all about Raphael for me. Sure, he was a self-absorbed jerk, but he ended up that way because he spent the most time pondering his place in the world and grew to be genuinely dissatisfied with it. If I lived in a sewer I'd probably be just like him.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:It's all about Raphael for me. Sure, he was a self-absorbed jerk, but he ended up that way because he spent the most time pondering his place in the world and grew to be genuinely dissatisfied with it. If I lived in a sewer I'd probably be just like him.
I'd like Raphael more if it wasn't for the fact that it seems all the movies are about him, and his whole angst with trying to find his place in the world. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote:It's all about Raphael for me. Sure, he was a self-absorbed jerk, but he ended up that way because he spent the most time pondering his place in the world and grew to be genuinely dissatisfied with it. If I lived in a sewer I'd probably be just like him.
I'd like Raphael more if it wasn't for the fact that it seems all the movies are about him, and his whole angst with trying to find his place in the world. KF
I think he's focused on most because his personal journey is the most realistic and human of the four turtles. After all, what else is being a teenager about, besides first trying to figure out who you are?