Report Paper, Poll required, please review!

For any and all webpolls.

Do you agree with the quote?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:36 am

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 8

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Report Paper, Poll required, please review!

Post by Xenthorious »

Hey everyone. I got a favor to ask all of you. A report paper with a survey is being required of me from my school. Thus, I decided to create a research report paper that will target a comparison to MMORPGs based on sociology. The paper will use the statistics of success and failures of released MMORPGs and the opinions of general gamers.

Last time I reviewed this forum, many people here had some strong insight in regards to what makes a MMORPG work and fail. Thus, I would like to borrow that insight.

What i need is an HONEST vote to my question. I need 40 votes and I need them fast. Please review the question after reading the following. Thanks so much. :D

Quoted by Xenthorious
One of the most difficult things in developing a MMORPG is the complex sociology that must be expected. A MMORPG which uses poor sociology expectancies tends to become quickly unbalanced. A game that focuses too heavily in sociology tends to create a real life experience, which promote tedious outcomes often resulting to boredom. Though every story has some form of capability to becoming a successful MMORPG, not all will be as successful as others. This is mainly due to culture incompatibilities which limit the level of social integration into an MMORPG. The result is a chaotic and uncontrollable social constitution (sociology break down).

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

By sociology, do you really mean society?

I'm not sure if you're using the term right... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Post by Xenthorious »

Kizyr wrote:By sociology, do you really mean society?

I'm not sure if you're using the term right... KF

It does sound better, but I do mean sociology. Every MMORPG dev team develops around society. But only a few are ready to study it for accurate developmental responses. Thus, the study of society is sociology. But thank you so much for watching my back. :D

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Just making sure, since it changes the nuanced meaning a bit.
All right then, I added my vote. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Post by Xenthorious »

Kizyr wrote:Just making sure, since it changes the nuanced meaning a bit.
All right then, I added my vote. KF

Thanks a bunch.

Mag
Lostest Boy

Post by Mag »

I can't agree with it, because while I'm in WoW almost all my socializing happens over Ventrillo, and not the game itself. WoW is just the medium through which we all play together, not the means of communication. Of course this is not the case for the majority of WoW players(I've been playing with the same group of people since the game was in Closed Beta, Patchwerk down btw!)
WD isn't really out of business, it's just sleeping. Yeah, that's it. Sleeping...