Mississippi/Mississippians

For any and all webpolls.

What do you think of Mississippi/Mississippians?

Coolest people on Earth
19%
Country hicks
13%
Aren't sure
69%
Uneducated people that don't know a thing about Lunar
No votes

Total votes: 16

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Mississippi/Mississippians

Post by Aquaignis »

I have another poll out. This one is more important to me than my past polls.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I am a Mississippian, and I the coolest person in the Andromida Galaxy. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. :lol:
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I prefer the Triangulum galaxy.

But... I have no real positive or negative feelings about the state. Never been there. I don't think it's a place I would want to live, but that's just because any possible career plans and Mississippi have never really fit.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, Mississippi doesn't have anything particularly interesting for me. But as another Southerner, I'll always love the South in general, Mississippi included. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Well, I suppose the existance of Mississippi does make me actually sort of glad to be living in Indiana. Sort of.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

As soon as i get older, I am moving to CA. :D

I am going to be a Crime Scene Investigator of Hollywood. 8)

I am going to solve the murder of a movie star. :P
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Dragonlord911, quit lying. You and I both know that you want to stay in Mississippi. I know I probably will. Even though I am going to be a hobby store manager focusing on Warhammer 40,000 8) , which has never been very popular in MS, I am determined to make it work. :x :wink: MS is a great place to live.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Post by Reaper »

I got nothing against the south, but honestly I would never go there for a trip. I came from the West, saw the East, and stayed up North, strange but that's the entire trip right there. Although, I would like to go to Japan, game capital of the world would give me something to think about. But I could never learn the language, can't seem to remember any language for that matter...
The end will come to death
but death will never end

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

:( I can't answer that, i live in Brazil... i never even went to the USA...

:P I'm thinking about making a poll about the best south american country... easy win! 8)

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Well, from what I can tell Mississippians have more of a Southern accent than what I am accustomed to being from TN. That being said I could have just met one of the few who does have a strong accent and have based this on nothing. I just hate it when northerners come down to the South and ask why no one has a hillbilly accent. Makes me angry

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Jyd3n wrote:Well, from what I can tell Mississippians have more of a Southern accent than what I am accustomed to being from TN. That being said I could have just met one of the few who does have a strong accent and have based this on nothing. I just hate it when northerners come down to the South and ask why no one has a hillbilly accent. Makes me angry

It's 'cause some folks like to think that all Southerners are the same, backward rednecks.

Pisses me off, too. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

People from every region have their biases. This means that just about every region has some (largely unfair) label attached to it, not just the South. Though I'm not from Massachusetts, most of my extended family is, so it annoys me when I hear people (especially politicians) say that people from Massachusetts "aren't really Americans" or things to that effect.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Imperial Knight wrote: Though I'm not from Massachusetts, most of my extended family is, so it annoys me when I hear people (especially politicians) say that people from Massachusetts "aren't really Americans" or things to that effect.

Why would anyone say people from Massachusetts aren't Americans? I've never heard that before.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Monde Luna wrote:
Imperial Knight wrote: Though I'm not from Massachusetts, most of my extended family is, so it annoys me when I hear people (especially politicians) say that people from Massachusetts "aren't really Americans" or things to that effect.

Why would anyone say people from Massachusetts aren't Americans? I've never heard that before.

Maybe they think they're all east-coast liberal Ivy-league educated elitists or something.

That phrase always gets me to crack a smile, just because of how ridiculous it is.

At the very least, it has nothing to do with the fact that Massachusetts was one of the original 13 colonies, and the site of the first violent protest against British colonial rule. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Kizyr wrote:
Monde Luna wrote:

Maybe they think they're all east-coast liberal Ivy-league educated elitists or something.

Yeah, basically. It sort of ties into the whole thing where people on the coasts thing everyone living in the middle of the country is some uneducated country bumpkin, and where people living in the middle of the country think everyone living on the coasts is some out of touch "liberal elite."

I remember in particular one ad that ran here in Indiana during the last Congressional elections that attacked a candidate by claiming he'd represent "Boston values" in Congress.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Y'know... after the hurricane. When all these news folk were going into Louisiana and they talked to all those southerners down there... I couldn't understand a word half those people said because they had such thick drawls. I didn't really appriciate how the media purposefully sought out those type of people to continue that sterotype.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

SERIOUSLY!!

That pissis me off to no end! :evil: :evil:

What do they do that for!

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Sorry dudes not really sure what to think of Mississippi so I voted not sure.From the far east here.

The only thing I can remember vaguely was when I was 9, a teacher challenged us who could spell Mississippi.Pointless to say I spelled it wrong much to the delight of others.

Due to this topic I shall presevere to learn more about Mississippi/ Mississippians.

(Googles and wikipedias Mississippi/ Mississippians)

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Really, the only way to learn is to come here for a little while. If you'd like, look up Amory in the Miss. part of an atlas. It is in the northeast.

We are having our 28th annual railroad festival from April 6th - 9th. It celebrates the beginning of our town. Amory is where I and Dragonlord911 live. There are several thousand people in Amory. If you come here, you will get a good taste of Mississippi. 8)
We like Lunar here.

Se onr sverdar hvass!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

NextGenerationLunarFan wrote:We like Lunar here.

I'm sure the whole state doesn't. :D