Lunar 1 & 2 weapons

Post by Dragonlord911 »

:twisted: My favorite weapon would have to be Ghaleon's Sword. :twisted:

:roll: Make your choice. :roll:

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Rusty Dagger.

I don't know. I can't remember many other weapons offhand. Perhaps Althena's Sword? Though the rustic history of the sword that Tempest gave Alex is also alluring...

It's either that or the bows. In the early stages of the game, when range truly mattered... very advantageous for several characters. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Magical Rod from Legend. =) And Kyle's gloves. The best thing about the game was the battle animations.

A few others that were fun...the Boomerang in TSS, in part because it's the only boomerang in any of the games; the Restoration and Goddess Canes in TSS because they healed you (and made me totally underutilize Mia for the rest of the game); Thieves' Staff in EBC. And F'96 in EB. ;) I'm totally blanking on SSSC weapons except the REM Rod and Ice Cane (?) that you get from the Hag.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Dark Scimitar.

Hah! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

the Boomerang in TSS, in part because it's the only boomerang in any of the games

Which is strange, considering Hiro's always shown with the boomerang in artwork, but always fought with a sword.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Besides the obvious sword, there's a few interesting weapons in both games.

The Master Sword makes an appearance in both games, and it's actually better then Leo's White Fang. Not by much, but it's worth switching it in.

It's also Alex's weapon for...99% of the time he's a Dragonmaster, and Laike's too.

Despite the fact Laike uses the Master Sword and a full set of Holy gear, there's 'Dyne's Sword' and 'Dyne's armor' in Lunar 2. Which don't look anything like what Laike actually wore.

In the post Dragonmaster world, Alex can actually improve on Laike's setup...Alex will generally have Silver Armor instead of Holy Armor, for the notable mdef, and the Dragon Ring for even more mdef. The HellRing wouldn't help him anymore post game (0 MP) but he could use the TriRing instead. He still has the Master Sword/Holy Shield/Holy Helmet.

Elemental weapons make an appearance...and while they're one trick ponies, the one trick they use, they're good at. Can't beat an Ice Sword in the Red Dragon Cave, or a Fire Sword in the White or Blue dragon caves.

Ghaleon's Sword, as one might expect, is basically a mageblade...it increases your magic. Though it might've been interesting if Ghaleon's words were literally true and you couldn't damage Zophar without it.

It's vaguely amusing all Kyle's best stuff are called 'Insane Sword/Armor' etc. That's what he gets for being a drunk, I suppose.

Leo, meanwhile, has a 'Nameless Sword'...apparently, he's not allowed to say what his sword's called.

Lastly, the ultimate weapons of the Lunar 1 cast actually change the onscreen graphics. Alex's sword turns gold, Kyle's sword turns gold, Jessica and Mia get notably bigger canes, etc.

But they don't change in Lunar 2.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Don't forget to specify that these are the Saturn/PS remakes you're talking about. It's not "both games", it's "two of the games". There aren't many weapons besides the earliest ones and Althena's Sword that are in all the games. And assorted elemental canes and the like. Kyle's Insane stuff is also in TSS and maybe LL. Hm, now I want to go over all the item lists and see what else. Dyne's sword is also in TSS but I don't remember if any of his stuff is in EB.

According to Shigema Hiro found the boomerang when he was playing at being an archaeologist. But I've always found that rather absurd, that the only actual reference to it is his unimpressive wind spell. I really thought it should have been his ultimate weapon.