Lucia
53%

Total votes: 49

Matt&Ruby4ever
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Matt&Ruby4ever »

i vote for luna. i just love her
Do you remember the time we share together......

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

I voted for Luna. I loved her a lot, especially her singing. :D
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Chrono Trigger
Meribian Merchant

Post by Chrono Trigger »

Luna, not to be contradictive but I like her personality. Typical and stereotype, but not too much. I like that. Lucia is too silent and unpersonal.
Now Playing: Seiken Densetsu 3 || Favourite RPG: Chrono Trigger || Favourite Lunar Character: Kyle (SSSC) ||

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

I've been replaying Lunar: SSSC and Lunar: EBC and I would have to say Luciz because she just seemed more sexy and mysterious. Granted half of that is because she doesn't really know what is something you should do in public versus privite but still.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

My vote goes for Lucia. She was a stranger in a strange land, and I enjoyed that immensely. Yes, she did foolish things at times, but she always redeemed herself in the end. A true ROG heroine in my book.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Enigma wrote:I've been replaying Lunar: SSSC and Lunar: EBC and I would have to say Luciz because she just seemed more sexy and mysterious. Granted half of that is because she doesn't really know what is something you should do in public versus privite but still.
Lucia is SEXIER? lucia's level of social understanding made her seem too young to morally sleep with. since we're going on physical attractiveness, look at the back of your SSSC case. remember luna's dark althena outfit? that stuff is frickin' HOT!

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Definitely Lucia. Her early lack of social awareness never made her seem "young" to me, just "inhuman" (in the sense of "is there a particular reason why you believe I should be embarrassed by biological features shared by fifty-one percent of the humanoids on this planet?"), and her later, more-developed personality showed a genuine struggle between duty and love, between the greater good and the immediate, right-in-front-of-me emotions that has always typified the Lunar series to me.

As for Luna, her personality always seemed to be overly naggy and puritanical, in the classic stereotype of the anime/manga teenager who's in love with a guy so she stakes her claim for him as if she was a married-for-twenty-years housewife but refuses to actually admit she has any feelings for him. Alex spends the first third of the game getting henpecked by a girl who won't actually date him.

(Ironically, it's completely logical that she'd actually have this personality, unlike most of the anime girls who do. As the Goddess Althena, she actually was--more or less--the final arbiter of Right and Wrong, and spent centuries, even millennia, being at the very top of the chain of command. The problem is that Luna does not have the Goddess's near-boundless well of experience and wisdom to draw upon, and she likewise is hampered by the immaturity of the Luna-body's calendar age and emotional development.)

(begin piggish statement)
And as for sexy, Lucia defaults to head-to-toe black leather, with little spikes on her gloves nonetheless, then trades it in on a micro-mini, and while the Dark Althena outfit is admittedly very hot Luna had to be submitted to Total Mind Control (tm) to get her to wear it, which is simply not a viable relationship option.
(/piggishness)

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Enigma wrote:I've been replaying Lunar: SSSC and Lunar: EBC and I would have to say Luciz because she just seemed more sexy and mysterious. Granted half of that is because she doesn't really know what is something you should do in public versus privite but still.
Lucia is SEXIER? lucia's level of social understanding made her seem too young to morally sleep with. since we're going on physical attractiveness, look at the back of your SSSC case. remember luna's dark althena outfit? that stuff is frickin' HOT!
good point lol

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Bah. Too young? Says who? She's a multimilennia old deity! I certainly haven't got any problems with Lucia's maturity levels...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Angelalex242 wrote:Bah. Too young? Says who? She's a multimilennia old deity! I certainly haven't got any problems with Lucia's maturity levels...
yeah, AFTER her time spent with hiro. when she arrived at the spire, i know i certainly wouldn't be able to morally touch that.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Angelalex242 wrote:Bah. Too young? Says who? She's a multimilennia old deity! I certainly haven't got any problems with Lucia's maturity levels...
yeah, AFTER her time spent with hiro. when she arrived at the spire, i know i certainly wouldn't be able to morally touch that.
And at that point in the game, a Spark Cannon would insure you wouldn't be able to physically touch it, either.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Who needs mace when you have magic?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

DezoPenguin wrote:
And at that point in the game, a Spark Cannon would insure you wouldn't be able to physically touch it, either.
That would depend on if she recognised the touching as inappropriate. hiro COULD try saying that it is a custom on the silver star.

"Hurry up and finish, i MUST find Althena!" :lol:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Since I think Lucia is a robot, that must mean she is, therefore, that would make Hiro a Robophile.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

All kidding aside...and believe me, that's a stretch when coming in a thread about which animated videogame girl is hotter...I think you're making a distinct mistake in interpreting Lucia's mentality.

That is, I believe you're mistaking her inhumanity for innocence.

What I mean is, beginning-of-game Lucia isn't like a child who doesn't yet understand her feelings or emotions. She's more like a golem/android/other artificial life form that, from her point of view, doesn't have those emotions. She's hampered in social interaction, of course, by her ignorance of how human society works, often leaving her confused. But that ignorance is by no means an impediment to her until she's cursed and loses her powers, because she has no interest in having social interaction.

(To actually work off your example, Lucia wouldn't listen to an explanation that something is a Silver Star custom; she'd just do what she did in the Blue Spire and keep right on walking, Plasma Raining on the parade of any potential obstacles--which makes me wonder what would have happened had Lucia not been cursed by Zophar and walked out of the Spire with her full power to fight Leo and the Destiny, but that's another thread.)

The place where the mistake is made, I think, is that when Lucia is cursed by Zophar, she becomes vulnerable, and this, combined with her ignorance of social custom, makes her seem childlike. But she's not just overcoming the innocence of a lack of understanding during her travels with Hiro; she's awakening to the very existence of her emotions--not just love and self-awareness, but to all emotions, anxiety, humor, sadness, relief, joy. She transitions from the remote, untouchable proto-Goddess, a thing entirely apart from humanity, into a person with a human spirit.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

but lucia's lack of social understanding did affect her maturity level since she was alone. that immediately takes hottness from her. as for your upcoming thread about "what if?" scenarios, i'm looking forward to it.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Full Power Lucia would've hosed the Destiny. And the Guardians too. The white dragon cannon is no match for Plasma Rain.

And Hiro just would've been standing there going. "Damn. Go superbabe."

What the hell is Spark Cannon? Do you mean Atomic Burn? Or Plasma Rain? I can't tell.

Anyways, her heart slowly woke up over time. But Lucia with her firepower...I dunno. Lucia with her firepower may have awakened human emotions over time, but it would've taken much longer. It took Althena thousands and thousands of years to make the choice to be human. Her power was probably the reason it took so long. Being vulnerable woke Lucia's heart up much sooner.

Anyways. I reserve the right to snug on Lucia whenever I darn well please. ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Angelalex242 wrote:What the hell is Spark Cannon? Do you mean Atomic Burn? Or Plasma Rain? I can't tell.
Spark Cannon is one of Lucia's spells.

She didn't have it in the Playstation version. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Kizyr wrote:
Angelalex242 wrote:What the hell is Spark Cannon? Do you mean Atomic Burn? Or Plasma Rain? I can't tell.
Spark Cannon is one of Lucia's spells.

She didn't have it in the Playstation version. KF
Yeah, IIRC Spark Cannon was renamed into Atomic Burn in EBC...but Lucia also kept the original Atomic Burn as well, which was also still called Atomic Burn! (That was always my favorite Sega CD spell of hers 'cause of the visuals, even if she had a habit of casting it while no enemies were in the target zone around herself...)

Come to think of it, didn't WD do the same thing with Lightning Bomb/Plasma Rain?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dunno... Plasma Rain was in both, I thought, and with similar visuals (though simplified in the remake). I think Kizyr has my list of spell names, so maybe he could check. I got so puzzled over the spell names and translations in the remake that I've about concluded that the only way to check them will be to play the Japanese and US games in parallel and use the Calm Litany bug. :P

I doubt Hiro would have gotten much farther than "she's beautiful" had Lucia remained powerful. Eventually it would dawn on him that she could utterly obliterate him and his interest would shrivel. Hiro takes care of Lucia after she's cursed because she's hurt, but also because that's the only way he can feel comfortable relating to her, with her temporarily powerless and dependent. Therefore, I'm inclined to agree that she would not have acquired human emotions very quickly had she not been cursed, because Hiro would not have had warmth toward her.