Final Fantasy IX
12%

Total votes: 34

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hey, a Final Fantasy poll....why not?

Post by Ardekh »

It's so overdone, but I haven't seen one on here (though there probably has been one) and I'm interested to know.

My personal favorite always has been and always will be Final Fantasy VI. It was one of the first games I ever played...though the first game I ever played all the way through myself was Final Fantasy VII. Which is rotting somewhere near the bottom of my list. :D

I was just thinking about FFs because I had the random urge to play VIII and mines scratched beyond repair, so I went to some Disc Replays and GameStops, but they only had a pile of FFIXs. I saw a few Anthologies and Chronicles, which surprised me because I usually never see those and only find the newer ones.

I don't really count XI.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Why isn't FFX-2 on there? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not just that, why isn't FFX on it?

Though as I said the last time we had this poll, I'd have to say Mystic Quest since it's the only one I've finished. :P

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Um... my favorite was FFX but it's not on there... If there was a limit to the number of poll entries you could use, leaving off FFIII would've been a better idea since it still hasn't been released in the US.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

My favorite of the series would have to be Final Fantasy IV. I will admit that nostalgia does play a role in that, but I also think that it's a very good game that still holds up pretty well today. It established many of the conventions that have been used in FF games since then. Later FF games can at times feel like less balanced versions of FF4, though a lot of that can be attributed to what I would consider a long period of creative stagnation that the series went through.

Xenoshin
Meryod Yokel

Post by Xenoshin »

10 is not my favorite, but i agree it should have been on the list where as X-2 is not a game that holds FF stautes to me. I liked the game, but if it didnt have a FF hype to it I would have liked it so much better, and i hate all the fan base it gets because it wasn't that good. Now me I like 6 the best. When it came out it had everything you could ask for in an rpg. I know a lot of people who say 7, but 7 brought a lot of people into rpg's and st the time it was a breakthrgought in graphics with a decent strory but it will always be a clopse second after 6

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

VI, though X would be my second favorite. Those are about the only two FFs that I've really gotten into.
-G1

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

VI for me as well. That's one of the only FFs I finished (other than Mystic Quest which I love!), though FFX is probably my second favorite.

Which one had Tellos and the "Spoony Bard" in it? I really liked that one too and I think I beat that one... but that was many moons ago.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Whoops, I thought I put X on there. I guess I pressed Submit instead of add new entry. Spoony bard is IV.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

didn't anyone like FFVII? Well, it sure is my favorite. VI was good too, though.

dragonmaster_jonathan
Reza Thief

Post by dragonmaster_jonathan »

:? There are too many final fantasies to keep up with. I think if I started playing them today, then i would not understand anything. However, I voted anyway for FFIV

8)
I'm baaaack....

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Dude, where is X and XI?! There have been more Final Fantasy games made since IX. Final Fantasy XII will be released this year as well (that game is awesome, played the demo) Anyway, my current favorite is FFX.

No, SSSfan, I don't think anyone here likes Final Fantasy VII, that game is overrated to the max.

*sarcastically* Oh no! Insecure Sephiroth killed a flower girl (Aeris)! That's so sad! It's the end of the world!

I heard people cried during that scene, they should get a life.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dude, the person who made the poll already said it was an error, not some deliberate slur. :roll: And there are people who like FF7 here, just not many who consider it a favorite.

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

On the list, IX is my favorite, but my all-time favorite is Tactics.

Silentcrisis
BANNED

Post by Silentcrisis »

final fantasy x isnt worthy of beig on the same poll as those great games

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Final Fantasy isn't worthy of being in the same poll as... a post about Final Fantasies!

Actually, I liked FFX a whole bunch.

But the reason why I think your assertion is wrong, besides that you don't give any reasons, is that a poll is supposed to take into account what the people's interests are... the people that are taking it, that is. An individual's prejudice shouldn't limit the poll's structure itself. ^^;;;

But yes, I have fondest memories of FFIV.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Of the choices listed in the poll, FFVIII is my favorite. Mainly because of an odd obsession I have with Rinoa. But I'm torn between X and X-2 as my favorite FF game over all. I think I like X better, but then again, the two kind of go hand in hand, don't they? :wink:

Oh yes, and I have never played FFVII, so I can't take it into account whether it's my favorite or not. ^^;;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Sonic# wrote:But the reason why I think your assertion is wrong, besides that you don't give any reasons, is that a poll is supposed to take into account what the people's interests are... the people that are taking it, that is. An individual's prejudice shouldn't limit the poll's structure itself. ^^;;;

Not only did I say it was an accident, but so did Alunissage.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not only did I say it was an accident, but so did Alunissage.

I don't think Sonic's reply was to you, but rather, either Zophar or silentcrisis. Or both.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh! Sorry for not indicating who I was replying to. I normally don't when the posts are right next to one another, but I didn't realize that there was a page change. I was speaking to silentcrisis. I intended nothing toward you, Ardekh. ^^;;;
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time