Lunar: Eternal Sapphire [Some New News]

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Zophar »

WD RPG WD wrote:You still need a music composer Zophar? It was my major in college. Would be fun to help.
I'll bring it up when I talk to Danni again. Thanks for volenteering! (sp?) And I'll get back to you ASAP as soon as Danni and I have discussed it.
Bravo 29 wrote: However, my computer can't support anything like Teamspeak or Ventrilo, it's antiquated. The best I can do right now is still AIM.
Yea I don't think my computer can handle Team Speak or Ventrilo, this computer can barely manage to run AIM and Flash simultaneously without crashing. I doubt it would be able to run Team Speak without crashing.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Zophar wrote:
WD RPG WD wrote:You still need a music composer Zophar? It was my major in college. Would be fun to help.
I'll bring it up when I talk to Danni again. Thanks for volenteering! (sp?) And I'll get back to you ASAP as soon as Danni and I have discussed it.
Just so you know, that's what the "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" earlier was referring to. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Kizyr wrote:
Zophar wrote:
Just so you know, that's what the "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" earlier was referring to. KF
Oh, okay. That does clear that up for me.

So anyway as far as I know the meeting is still on Saturday, as for the time I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Danni about it yet. But I'm sure the details will be all arranged very soon.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I would just request that it be held in the evening, if at all possible. Thanks!
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:I would just request that it be held in the evening, if at all possible. Thanks!
Any time in particular during the evening?

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

After 8 Eastern would be best... Basically any time after that should be good for me, no matter how late. :)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Ok, I haven't heard from Danni yet. But once I do we'll organize everything together and decide what time would be best for everyone.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Okay guys SO sorry I've disappeared the last few days! I was just hired permanently at the job I've been temping at the last 6 months so my days were gone with dealing with that stuff (pre-orientation stuff and drug tests oy). Also, I'm dealing with some health issues and had to go to the doctor so I've been trying to squeeze that in. So I greatly apologize!

I still haven't gotten a chance to speak with Zophar yet, but maybe what we can do for the meeting is just have two short ones on Saturday? The earlier one and then kinda go over things again a bit later with whomever can't make it to the first? Everyone that can is welcome to attend both too. Or I can send out a summary of the meeting and whatnot as I did last time. I have off Saturday so I can do both no problem.

I have to go to the doctor's again shortly so I'll go ahead and email the script during the meeting(s) tomorrow and we can just go over any questions then, I think that would be best - unless you guys feel otherwise, no prob, just let me know :)

WD, I think it would be great to hear samples of your composed work, so please feel free to email me (I'm not sure what Zophie's email can handle), or email me a link that I can visit. And most of all thank you VERY much for volunteering!

Sorry this is so abrupt, tomorrow will be TES catch up day for me. Thank you guys for being so patient and understanding!

Take care now :)

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

I'm fine with attending only the later one and getting caught up there if we do have to do the split session thing.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

A spilt session? Great, I can definitely make the earlier session, but not the evening one. If it's around early afternoon like 1 or 2, I'll definitely be there. Cya then. :D

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

http://www.filefactory.com/file/824bd0/

An example of my music. This is an actual port town theme in my MMORPG that I'm kind of keeping quiet at the moment.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

WD RPG WD wrote:http://www.filefactory.com/file/824bd0/

An example of my music. This is an actual port town theme in my MMORPG that I'm kind of keeping quiet at the moment.
:shock: WOW, that was amazing! Well done, very well done. Danni and I talked about this briefly. So are you hired? Hell yea you are hired! Welcome to the project. :)

So as a question, how long does it take you to compose a song? If it takes awhile then I wouldn't want to bog you down with a bazillion songs.

Hey everyone, Danni and I have set the times for the two meetings.

TODAY'S ETERNAL SAPPHIRE MEETINGS ARE AT 2:00 PM and 8:30 PM! Oh and by the way, the meeting will be held on AIM in a chat room.

Hope to see ya there!

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Heh, thanks for the compliments.

I can probably fit in about 3 to 4 songs a week. Just let me know what you need and maybe a few screenshots of what I'm writing to. Makes it a little easyier in my minds eye.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

3 to 4?! :shock: That's quite a few. Alright, I'll look over parts of the story and I'll let you know when and where I'll be needing songs, not to overwhelm you with work i'll have you make songs used at particular parts in the story.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Hey folks,

I've got some slightly bad news, my computer has crapped out. The good news is that my dad let me borrow this one so i can still talk to members of the Eternal Sapphire project and post updates, and I do have a back up with various eternal sapphire files. The bad news is that the back up is several months old.

I'll be getting a new one in a week and a half. And not just any laptop, a good ol' high-end Alienware.

But that aside, I can't do much for the project right now, but I can still bark orders at Danni and co... :lol: lol jk

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Drat! My condolences, not simply for the lost computer, but all the lost stuff on ES. ^^;;;

I'm guessing that there's no way to recover the files then? I am no good with computers in that respect, but... well, if those files were important... does anyone know a way to try?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

You can always go to Best Buy's Geek Squad, and they'll try to recover the files. They can't always do it, but it's possible at least.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Yea my dad is helping me with finding a way to recover the files. I looked at my backup today and it turns out it's even older than i thought, so i will deffinetly need to get those files. My Dad is an expert when it comes to comptuers so hopefully will be able to get this issue resolved.

Thanks for the suggestion Werefrog. :)

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Hmm, is there a way you can remove the hard drive from your old computer and connect it either to your father's, or the new one you'll eventually get? Unless the drive was damaged when the computer died, the files should be intact. I know someone who has more than one hard rive on their computer, so it can be done. I've never actually done it myself, just a suggestion, mind you. But barring unforseen circumstances, it should work.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Yeah, that would be your best course of action. I was talking to a friend (CS major) about this, and he said that it'll be really easy to do. I don't know for sure, but I think most computer have capacity for two hard drives. Even if that's not true, you can trade out hard drives for long enough to backup your info.

Was your computer a laptop? Does your dad have a laptop?

Either of these things will complicate the matter. If you computer is a laptop but your dad's isn't, it shouldn't be too bad. You can get a 10 dollar adapter from Newegg to solve that. Remember, only do this with your dad's permission before attempting this. Also, remember before you get inside a computer, you need to discharge your static electricity by touching a doorknob. I wouldn't try if your dad has a laptop. They can be really tricky. And two broken computers is probably the thing you want the least.

My friend also says that Best Buy will overcharge so only use that as a last ditch effort.

(For a really, really last ditch effort some people believe that a dead hard drive can be revived by putting it in a freezer.)