Lunar: Eternal Sapphire [Some New News]

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by LuNaRtIc »

@________________@

HOLY VOICE OVERS BATMAN!!!

I have my lines all recorded, I just forgot to send them! *hit head on keyboard* I was having some health issues when I finished, and I forgot about a lot of things at the time to just concentrate on recovery. I am SOOOO sorry! :cry: I can still send in my lines if you want them.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

LuNaRtIc wrote:@________________@

HOLY VOICE OVERS BATMAN!!!

I have my lines all recorded, I just forgot to send them! *hit head on keyboard* I was having some health issues when I finished, and I forgot about a lot of things at the time to just concentrate on recovery. I am SOOOO sorry! :cry: I can still send in my lines if you want them.
You had lines for Episode 5? At any rate, I wasn't referring to you ;p Nobody here on the forums actually; so no worries ^_^ I still don't want to name names though since the people I'm talkin' about probably know and yeah... I didn't mean to come across mean or anything either, really! Although I'll be honest and say I'm disappointed because I thought the voice acting aspect was a lot of fun. I also understand though that things like getting sick, or for most everyone school gets in the way, so it's cool. I guess I shouldn't have posted that so late ^^; So again I apologize if I sounded po'ed or mean.

As far as your lines, perhaps we can still use them since you've already done them, but that's really up to Zophar. I was thinking maybe we could hold open auditions again, but I'm not sure we wouldn't just wind up back in this position again.... Other than the people that have VA roles here now, is anyone else interested (and able to commit) in VA for the project? If not, that's cool, I'm asking out of curiosity as it wouldn't be up to me where the VA is concerned.

Btw, has anyone watched the remake of the first episode? I thought it was great and got me really curious about how the story is going to unfold (since like you guys I don't know how it ends) ^_^ As always we're looking for constructive criticism, so please feel free to post with your thoughts!

Thanks again guys and take care :)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'd be willing to do some voice acting if need be. I'd just have to buy a microphone or something as I'm not sure how you're preparing your sound files. After all, you should know that the Lunar fans here are always willing to strive for anything in the vein of the series.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

The remake was great! I really liked it! :D And yeah, if Zophar needs my lines (I don't know if I'm in episode 5 or not, I'm voicing Lemia Ausa) I have them ready to send in. :wink:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alrighty, I was just now able to watch all the episodes of TES. I have to say, it was slow going in the first one, but it really picked up in the last one. Especially the voice acting. And the cut scenes. Bwa hahahaha. *runs off with his shirt on his head*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

Did he by chance forget to take his medicine? Oh well.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Hey Hey folks, guess what? Episode V has been released. I repeat: Episode V has been released!

For more details view my DA profile, I also have a new Journal Entry on my profile regarding Eternal Sapphire.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Seen it, liked it. Just a shame that there where no voice acting in this one. :( I understand why there wasn't, but it's still a shame no less. I look forward to Episode 6.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:
Other than the people that have VA roles here now, is anyone else interested (and able to commit) in VA for the project? If not, that's cool, I'm asking out of curiosity as it wouldn't be up to me where the VA is concerned.
I would, I definitely had fun working on your LUNAR fandub, even though it never truly materialized. A pity there'll be no more VA, I would've loved playing Zophar, if the part wasn't taken.

Btw, has anyone watched the remake of the first episode? I thought it was great and got me really curious about how the story is going to unfold (since like you guys I don't know how it ends) ^_^ As always we're looking for constructive criticism, so please feel free to post with your thoughts!

I enjoyed the remake of Episode I. The evil foreshadowing was a very nice touch, a prelude of coming events in Episode VI.

I also enjoyed Episode V, a very informative plot episode. However, I'm a bit confused on one point. In the prologue of Episode I, it's said Althena returned to help people move to the Blue Star. And yet, Luna appears as a spirit, which indicates she's deceased, or something like that. Is she still alive, or not? Just need a little clarification, that's all. Keep up the good work.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Bravo 29 wrote:
PrettyGirlJean wrote:
Other than the people that have VA roles here now, is anyone else interested (and able to commit) in VA for the project? If not, that's cool, I'm asking out of curiosity as it wouldn't be up to me where the VA is concerned.
I would, I definitely had fun working on your LUNAR fandub, even though it never truly materialized. A pity there'll be no more VA, I would've loved playing Zophar, if the part wasn't taken.

I enjoyed the remake of Episode I. The evil foreshadowing was a very nice touch, a prelude of coming events in Episode VI.

I also enjoyed Episode V, a very informative plot episode. However, I'm a bit confused on one point. In the prologue of Episode I, it's said Althena returned to help people move to the Blue Star. And yet, Luna appears as a spirit, which indicates she's deceased, or something like that. Is she still alive, or not? Just need a little clarification, that's all. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! ^_^ That is a very good question, it will be answered later on in the series. I wouldn't want to give away any spoilers, now would I?

Anyway I agree with everyone, it's a shame voice acting had to be cut out. But the delays it caused was insane, a few more months and it would have been an enitre year since episode IV was released. That's just too much time, time in which more episodes could have been released.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all! An important notice for voice actors!

After much diliberating, Zophar and I are willing to give voice acting another go as we really don't want to cut it out of the series. So, all voice actors that were all set with Zophar to audition and/or you were accepted to do a particular role, please email me as soon as possible: vanstane@gmail.com

In the email, please include your alias here and your first name (if you don't mind ^^). Zophar and I are setting up some guidelines that I'd like to go over with all of you and see if we can get this tank runnin' a little smoother ;D

I know that Lunartic and DragonMaster Lou are VAs, Bravo and Silver are interested in roles. If I'm missing anyone please email me asap as well! ^_^b

Thank you ALL VERY much for your patience and understanding. Work on Episode 6 has already begun and while we do not have a tentative date for release just yet, we hope to have that info posted in the next week or so. A lot of Sprite ripping has to be done. If ANYone knows anything about the sprite programs Psicture and GGD please contact Zophar (post here or PM him) as soon as you can. That is one major aspect that takes up a lot of time and as I mentioned we're looking to turn out quality episodes much faster.

Thanks everyone and take care now!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

See, if you used L:L sprites, I have a crap ton of sprites and stuff :P Other than that, I'm useless ^^;

However, I am very excited that you decided to give VA another try. Now VAs, do me a favor and GET TO WORK! *cracks whip*

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Important Announcement and Friendly Reminder to Voice Actors:

TES AIM Chat Meeting: Tonight at 9:00pm

To join please message myself: "PrettyGirlJean" or Zophar: "TimeDevourer121"

Anyone that is interested in getting a voice acting role or interested in finding out more about the project in general is also welcome to attend. Sorry for the short notice! I'll make a post for future meetings at least a few days ahead of time.

Thanks all and take care!

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Voice acting for what? TBH I kinda didn't read the other pages so I just jumped in and read this one :P Ummm, i think i have gathered that u guys are making a project about lunar, and need voice actors, correct me if i am wrong. I would like to do it if I got the details. People say I should voice act. I can manipulate my voice in cool ways.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

RPG:

Zophar (Paul) and I (Danni) are working on a sprite based flash series. Paul's vision of a Lunar 3. He does the all the sprite ripping and work in flash while I handle the artistic and voice acting end of the project. For more info and to watch the 5 episodes released so far, please take a look at the first post of this thread, there are links to my Deviantart page and Zophar's where the episodes can be viewed.

Right now we are taking auditions for the role of Astaroth as the original voice actor unfortunately could no longer commit to the role. For now, that is the only main role we have an opening for. I will speak to Zophar about other minor roles and email you the lines if we have something coming up for the next episode or so - go ahead and send me a PM with your contact info. The same goes for anyone else that would like to be involved with the voice acting part of the project. Please PM or email me (my email is posted above) and I'll get back to you; I'll also most likely post something on Saturday.

One major thing we are looking for though is your commitment. We do take the project seriously as it takes a lot of our time, hardwork and dedication between Paul and myself, so please be sure you have the time and the desire to stick with us.

Lastly, I'm also still waiting for the chance to talk to Zophar about the next TES Chat Meeting, when those details are finalized I'll go ahead and post the info (with more advance notice this time!)

Thank you everyone and take care now :)

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Just saw Episode V again, and I loved it just as much as before. One thing I missed the first time was when Jack explained how the false Althena sent her Guard AND the Four Heroes to destroy the Old Shrine. So that was another grand debacle Leo enacted. And the sad thing was he actually believed he was doing Althena's bidding. Man, HE must've felt like dogmeat when he discovered the truth about the Cult of Althena. It was no secret he needed a good kick in the pants.

Kudos for capturing the rabid fanaticism of Zophar's followers. I hope the rest of the story will be just as intriguing. I love a good story more than anything, so keep up the great work. :D

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

I will look into it then, it does sound really fun.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi everyone! Sorry it seems like the projects gone into hiding - it hasn't! ;p

Zophar is busy with school at the moment and is taking up the majority of his time. I'm sure with school ending and summer vacation in the near future the ball will move quite a bit faster :)

I am not completely sure where things stand on Zophar's end, I think he mentioned he had some more sprite ripping to do though. On my end I'm working with VA's to replace the role of Astaroth. Right now, that is the only main role that Zophar has made me aware of. As far as extra roles, he hasn't mentioned any for the current episode we're working on, but if anything new becomes available, I'll be sure to post here :)

Artwise, it's moving a bit slow as I'm juggling TES with a Tokyopop submission. But I am making progess with TES, so no worries :)

So that's really all for now unless Zophar has something to add or amend :)

Take care now everyone! ^_^b

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:Hi everyone! Sorry it seems like the projects gone into hiding - it hasn't! ;p

Zophar is busy with school at the moment and is taking up the majority of his time. I'm sure with school ending and summer vacation in the near future the ball will move quite a bit faster :)

I am not completely sure where things stand on Zophar's end, I think he mentioned he had some more sprite ripping to do though. On my end I'm working with VA's to replace the role of Astaroth. Right now, that is the only main role that Zophar has made me aware of. As far as extra roles, he hasn't mentioned any for the current episode we're working on, but if anything new becomes available, I'll be sure to post here :)

Artwise, it's moving a bit slow as I'm juggling TES with a Tokyopop submission. But I am making progess with TES, so no worries :)

So that's really all for now unless Zophar has something to add or amend :)

Take care now everyone! ^_^b
Yea I am sort of busy but now that I've found a way to get around that road block this week so that I can start once again on working on the boat load of sprites for Episode VI. Including getting the ones which I haven't ripped yet.

Faster is an understatment, PGJ. The ball will be moving so fast that it'll just fly by at a few hundred MPH and nobody will know what hit them. :P

I don't know when Episode VI will be out, but if I were to make an educated guess I'd say early June. Assuming that's not pushing anybody too much.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

TES Episode VI: Return of the Jedi/Dragonmaster/Ghaleon/Zophar ... ... ... One of those :P