Lunar: Eternal Sapphire [Some New News]

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

Well, to be honest I was only able to see episode 1 on putfile, and that was after toying around for a few minutes to get it to play (just a quick note, I have cable internet.) I was unable to view any of the other there. However, they all seemed to work on Deviant art, at least the ones I viewed (Episodes 1, 2, and the last one done)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

dnk
Meryod Yokel

Post by dnk »

Oh, sorry. Didn't see that site or Zophar's post about it. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Recently checked out the videos. They were pretty awesome, I'm really looking forward to upcoming updates. Also, Zophar, how are you making these? Making the maps in some RPG-Maker, or what? (Sorry if this has already been covered... there's a LOT of pages :D ).
Last edited by dnk on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Althena
Burg Farmer

Post by Dark_Althena »

I want to watch the episodes, but I can't. Maybe it's my computer. =(
<center>~ Wishing On A Star That Seems Far Off, Hoping It Will Come Today ~

* I am Althena! I am the Goddess who made his world, and who rules it with impunity *</center>

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I didn't get to watch episodes one and two. I did watch the third one and i must say this has potential. The biggest problem i see is that the dialogue strives for but falls a good bit short of WD's charm. Please take as much time as you want perfecting the dialogue and placing seriousness and comedy where they apply appropriately.

I really like how you've chosen to have multiple drawings of your characters faces to express emotion. The character motion is also acceptable.

Just a bit of constructive criticism. I'd love to see this hit other sites as well and get some great feedback. after Dragon Song, Lunar needs anything good it can get.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Where IS Zophar? I haven't seen posts from him lately. I can't wait till I can do my voice-over. Muahaha, evil lil flying dragon. <333.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

dnk wrote:Oh, sorry. Didn't see that site or Zophar's post about it. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Recently checked out the videos. They were pretty awesome, I'm really looking forward to upcoming updates. Also, Zophar, how are you making these? Making the maps in some RPG-Maker, or what? (Sorry if this has already been covered... there's a LOT of pages :D ).

Thanks! :) All the backgrounds are either put together or created in paint. An example of ones I created are Winddale.

The movies themselves are made with flash.

TheRadicalAusa wrote:Where IS Zophar? I haven't seen posts from him lately. I can't wait till I can do my voice-over. Muahaha, evil lil flying dragon. <333.

I've been kinda busy. In fact I just got back from Grandma's house today, she doesn't have internet.

Regarding Eternal Sapphire; if I were to describe the current situation for the next episode in one word it would be: Deplorable.

-Sprites and backgrounds: Almost finished, I just need to rip a few more sprites and that will be done.

-Artwork: I have yet to get anything from Danni. I haven't really heard from her in a few weeks either.

-Voice Acting: I've got all of Luther's lines and Maria's Lines. I have all of Jack's lines but... one file got corrupted and the VA has yet to send a non-corrupted version of that line. I haven't gotten anything from Astaroth, and none of the Extras have sent their lines yet.

For the first time ever in this project I am actually disappointed. But I guess I can't expect too much from anyone involved in this project since we have a 0 dollar budget... Anything I ask for really won't take a priority.
Last edited by Zophar on Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hey, I'm sorry :( I've just been preoccupied with my wedding. But rest assured I will be working on art again soon. I didn't mean to disappoint you :( I'm not sure that I'd describe the progress as deplorable :p

I was really hoping to ride the "high" from Otakon drawing wise, but once Otakon passed the reality of my wedding being less than a month away finally settled in I guess and that's my main focus right now, and preparing for Japan. I will try to get some sketches to you or something within the next week or so. I probably won't get anything major done until after I get back from my honeymoon though and that'll be around Sept 14 or 15. I'm sorry that things are on hold again. But that's not really bad since it gives us plenty of time to get things just right and definitely make it the best episode when it comes out :) Maybe even give us an opportunity to make the episode a tad longer? :D

Again, I'm sorry for disappointing you :( Things will pick though, no worries (and much wootness! ^^) ^_^b

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:Hey, I'm sorry :( I've just been preoccupied with my wedding. But rest assured I will be working on art again soon. I didn't mean to disappoint you :( I'm not sure that I'd describe the progress as deplorable :p

I was really hoping to ride the "high" from Otakon drawing wise, but once Otakon passed the reality of my wedding being less than a month away finally settled in I guess and that's my main focus right now, and preparing for Japan. I will try to get some sketches to you or something within the next week or so. I probably won't get anything major done until after I get back from my honeymoon though and that'll be around Sept 14 or 15. I'm sorry that things are on hold again. But that's not really bad since it gives us plenty of time to get things just right and definitely make it the best episode when it comes out :) Maybe even give us an opportunity to make the episode a tad longer? :D

Again, I'm sorry for disappointing you :( Things will pick though, no worries (and much wootness! ^^) ^_^b

Don't worry about it, you don't really have any dead lines since you have a bunch of other stuff going on. Didn't I tell you to take as long as you need? Art is not something that can be done in a blink of an eye, it takes time. I was just mentioning what I did and didn't have for Episode V. My disappointment is with the Voice Acting situation. And I have been a bit busy myself. Even if you had sent me something to work with I wouldn't have had much time to do anything with it.

And I apologize if I sounded a little harsh in my previous post. I had just gotten back from my Grandma's house, which is 10+ hours away from where I live, so I was feeling kinda tired. I don't want people to think I am a cold hearted person... :cry:

Yeah I think it would be a good idea to put this project on hold till you get back from your honeymoon. That way I can begin working on things for later episodes like Scripts. With that I can send people their lines and get some of the later voice actors into gear by getting their lines early on.

Your right, everything will work out. wOOt-ness! :)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Helloooooo everyone! :D

Well, now that I've gotten married and been back from the beautiful islands of Japan for a bit now I can dedicate time to TES again! I just kinda wanted to bump this back up to the top and give a quick update the art end of the project. For details on progress of the episode and voice acting you'll hafta wait on Zophar ;)

I haven't made a tremendous amount of progress, but things are rolling along now. I'm also working on other arts at the same time so my plate is pretty full, but it feels nice. Once I check in with Zophie (hehe) I'll see if I can post some scans of sketches or something if you guys are interested :D

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

That's great to hear! I'm so excited! ^_^ I was wondering when work on this would continue again. I'm still very much interested in doing some voice acting for it. So Zophar, let me know when you need me. :P And I'm so excited to see more of your art PGJ! Especially of Lamia Ausa, I'm going to be voicing her. :D

Good luck with everything! I'm looking forward to seeing more! ^_^
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

Yes, best of luck! I'm really enjoying this, so if there's anything else I can do (other than my stalking, hehe) I'm just a PM away. :D
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

LuNaRtIc wrote:So Zophar, let me know when you need me. :P

Good luck with everything! I'm looking forward to seeing more! ^_^

I'll be sending you your lines soon, I plan on getting that episode's script done ASAP. Hopefully it will be soon. :lol:

Kazie Solo wrote: Yes, best of luck! I'm really enjoying this, so if there's anything else I can do (other than my stalking, hehe) I'm just a PM away.

Alright, thanks for your offer. I will be sure to let you know if anything comes up.

Now it's time to make an official annoucement:

Episode V is still in development stages. I have all sprites, back grounds, etc ready for the movie. Artwork is currently underway, you can ask PGJ for details on that. Now here is the serious problem: Voice acting. I have a few extra parts needed for this big scene I have planned... but I could use a few more.

In other news I will be doing some small scale stuff for the project while waiting for everything to come together. One thing in paticular is that I am going to remake Episode I. What will be changed/added? Here are a few things:
- Portraits will be used
- All the things I have learned about flash during this project will be applied to this remake, like scenes fading in etc.
- There will be some new scenes
- The script will be slightly changed

And who knows? Maybe there will be some other things that I haven't mentioned...

Well that's all for now, see ya!

PrettyGirlJean wrote:
Zophie

What an interesting nickname... :lol:

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Awesome! Thanks so much, I'm really excited! ^_^
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Art is going along smoothly for character portraits for Episode V. Also, I've completed the storyboards for the cutscene in that episode, and one involving Lamia in a later episode ^_~

Zophie: I'll send ya detailed progress email a little later today. ^_^

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Okay, I'm looking forward to hearing what's new. I have converted the songs needed for Episode V and did some finishing touches to the sprites. Hopefully I have all of them now. ^_^

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:Art is going along smoothly for character portraits for Episode V. Also, I've completed the storyboards for the cutscene in that episode, and one involving Lamia in a later episode ^_~

*0* CAN'T WAIT TO SEEEEEEEE~!!!!
Ugh, the suspense! xD lol
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello all!

Just a quick art update :D Currently, we are waiting on some lines to be redone by voice actors so I can finish the animation for the episode. I've completed all of the artwork for the cutscene, fully colored and everything... but I can't animate much without that key element. I do feel confident that this will be the best cutscene yet! :D

I'll also be working on some other small animations, which I'd like to leave as a surprise for now since I think it'll be far more enjoyable to hear what people have to say when they see it.

I'll leave it up to Zophar to fill you all in one the progress for the rest of the episode ^_^b

Thanks for being so patient with us everyone :D

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

UPDATE!

I have finished and released Episode I ~Remixed~. You can find it in my DA gallery.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all,

Just a quick update. Art is complete for Episode 5 and Zophar mentioned that the episode will be posted ASAP.

For those of you anticipating VA parts, it seems like that aspect of the project has fallen through. It seems that some people were not able to dedicate the time to be able to send a few lines in, or at least to re-do them... so again it looks like at this moment there will no longer be voice overs.

Also, for episode 5 at least, the animation aspect has also been scaled back due to the voice over problems, so while there will be "cutscenes" they will be fairly simple. Not to say they won't be darn nice though :D

Like always though, Zophar is the official word on everything, so he may decide to keep up with the voice acting, I don't know. But it doesn't seem like some people are dedicated when they're not being compensated I guess :\

Well then, that's all from me. I think Zophar will be posting and updating the first post once the episode is complete.

As always, thank you all VERY much for your patience and enthusiasm for our project ^_^b

Take care now!

(PS: Happy Easter! ^^)

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Go, PGJ, Go!

Rock on, Zophar! ;o

VA's would be pretty cool...but it'll still be lovely if that doesn't happen. Zelda games rock, you know?

I'd offer to help your situation free of charge, but any of mine would mostly be V and not enough A ^_^

Edit: YES! Post #250. No longer am I a lowly Red Dragon Priest! Though I still love everyone who is <3