SSSC sketch

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

SSSC sketch

Post by Agawa »

I've been planning a watercolour painting of Luna for quite some time, and now that the planning stage is mostly done, I'd like to get a few opinions on it. There are a few specific things I'm looking for though, if anyone could help me out here:
- Costume check. It's Luna at the end of SSSC, before the very end. I found her costume quite hard to check (despite using numerous screenshots as references) and so much of her costume was drawn from memory after I watched the video several times.
- I know her right arm and shoulder is incorrect. I will be fixing it. Not that I mind people commenting on how to repair it, I just wanted to point that out- it makes me feel slightly better.
- I'm not too happy with her face, probably because I haven't drawn anything 'anime' style for quite some time. I may try to fix that, but I think it also might be as good as it gets.
- My computer is currently non-functional, and along with it my scanner. As such, this was taken with a digital camera, hence the poor quality. Due to the same technical difficulties, the picture is sideways. Dang.

Thanks a lot for your help, and here's the picture link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/K ... 110199.jpg

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: SSSC sketch

Post by DevNall »

I think it looks great so far. :)

I will be happy to rotate it for you and post it if you like.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Mmmmmmmmm. Good Luna in Dark Outfit. I like.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I'm eager to see the finished product. Good Luck!

Now for your costume check. This will be difficult to describe because, um, wow, what a costume. But I will try. First, there are two lines of black detailing on the collar/shoulder-thingie. It looks you noticed this, but you have the lower one as a border. Please re-examine this. The pendant-ish bit attached at the center of the afforementioned shoulder-thingie is pentagonal, with the odd point facing down.

The strips of the white leotard-ish part on her midriff are more or less uniform width and more or less straight. Beware, it goes all the way down to her crotch. (And around the other side, for that matter.)

You drew the belt-ish part that hangs on her hips a bit wide, and the oval-shaped part at it's center hangs like a pendant to her upper-mid thigh.

Feel free to check my observations against this: http://www.lunar-net.com/sssc/screens/6 ... 6947.2.jpg
「まあいいけど。」

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

She looks adorable! It's going to be awesome when you finish! :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Not a bad sketch at all, I must say I'm impressed :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

keep goin with that, definatly. color to if you have the materials

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

These screenshots should help you with the costume. Particularly the third one on that page. I know you said you already looked at a bunch, but seems like these can't have been among them.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Alunissage wrote:These screenshots should help you with the costume. Particularly the third one on that page. I know you said you already looked at a bunch, but seems like these can't have been among them.

Ah, thank you very much. Due to said lack of a computer, I had but a few minutes to get references. I obviously should have gone back for more though.

Shiva Indis? I'm not going to quote your whole post, since it was quite large, but thank you very, very much. Having that sort of detailed post was a huge help, and I'm sure I'll be able to fix it up.

Thanks to everyone who added their comments. I'll paint it
and re-post it when I have time (Which probably won't be
soon, unfortunatly) but again, thanks for the feedback.