Yet another Gackt "set" by me. :)

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Yet another Gackt "set" by me. :)

Post by NallOne »

It's not really a set yet, as I haven't made a matching avatar. I'm not even sure if I will. I really liked making this sig as I knew as I was making it I was going to have this specific part (well, translations of a part) of my favorite song by Gackt - "Seki~rei". (I think that specific line is taken from the Ainu creation myth, in witch the God Kamui sent a wagtail (sekirei) down to create a world in which beings could live in. I love that story, and also love the song. There might not even be an actual connection for all I know, though. ^^; )

Anyway, on to the sig itself:

As for my own personal critique: The border is too small to even see, the placement of "Gackt" is horrible, and I don't like any of the fonts I used except for the one for the lyric. x_x It's not like I don't have many to choose from, I have well over 3000 fonts. I just can never find one I like. Maybe the enormous amount of fonts is part of the problem. ::makes mental note to go in and delete all the ones he doesn't like::

As usual, comments and constructive criticism always appreciated! :D
- Mike

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I really like the red, and I think the pics you have of Gackt are sweet. But I do agree with you on the fonts. I think possibly using the same or close to the same fonts as in the last sig would look perfect. I think the border makes little difference though.

Seki-rei is probably my favorite song with a close following of: Wasure Nai Kara, Papa lapped a pap lopped, and U+K ... Oh I can't leave Vanilla out due to it's sentimental value... it was the first of his solo PVs I saw. I first saw him in a Malice Mizer vid... and loved him right away... I didn't however stay a MM fan other than "Color Me Blood Red" I couldn't get into their music...

ANYwho, sorry about that! I still like the sig and I'll look forward to seeing many more with yummy Gackt! ^^y

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Hehe, thanks for the comments. XD

Yeah, I only got into MM after I got into Gackt, and I really don't like them without him. The live video of their Syunikiss performance is GODLY. Gackt is so awesome in it.

Vanilla is alright, but it freaks me out whenever I hear it because it makes me think of the live version I saw. (In which Gackt basically dryhumps the whole of his band mates on stage. >_<)
- Mike

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

NallOne wrote:Hehe, thanks for the comments. XD

Yeah, I only got into MM after I got into Gackt, and I really don't like them without him. The live video of their Syunikiss performance is GODLY. Gackt is so awesome in it.

Vanilla is alright, but it freaks me out whenever I hear it because it makes me think of the live version I saw. (In which Gackt basically dryhumps the whole of his band mates on stage. >_<)

Hmm, I've never heard of Syunikiss, but since you think it's good could you suggest where I might obtain a copy of the vid to watch? Aw, well yeah Gackt and his fanservice ^^ Guess it's for the girls though. I don't really mind either way ^^ I really like the video though. Unfortunately, most of his vids are kinda boring :\ I love the music though.

Have you seen his fujifilm commercials? They're hilarious :)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Hehe, yeah most of his videos do bore me. (Although I'd rather be bored by symbolism like in his old videos than bored by the mainstream pop-ness of his newer ones.) I really love his videos for Seki~rei and Miserable though.

As for where to find the video - It's on a DVD of his videos and live performances that a friend gave to me. I'm sure you could find it online somewhere, although probably using a P2P program of some kind.
- Mike

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

*Gasp!* GACKT!!!!! *drools*

My fav song of his HAS to be "Last Song"! Usually when I'm down or something I turn that on and it cheers me up (and yes I have read the lyrics to it)
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere