Pixel Art Doo-Hickey

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Pitch
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Pixel Art Doo-Hickey

Post by Pitch »

Yeah, so... I sprite a lil bit in my spare time, and I decided to give pixel art-ing a shot. So... yeah.

This is Yuna. She's from a game called MegaMan Legends 2. And this pixel art was based off of this official artwork(which is obviously not my work).

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Wow, that is some CRAZY hair. Very good, especially if you did it from scratch. I could never do that!

I have no idea how to do pixel stuff, but I made Image for my forum based on L:L sprites. I stole Alex's pants, though. XD

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

Yeah, she's from scratch. And her awesome hair is one of my reasons for being obsessed with her. I have like 4 or 5 other sprites of her floating around in my photobucket somewhere. XD

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Pixel Art Doo-Hickey

Post by DevNall »

Nice job!

Spriting seems to be a dying art. Which I think is really sad. (I've tried it before, but it's something I just don't seem to have a lot of talent for.)

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

Well, with games using 3D models rather than sprites, the need for sprites has gone down some, but they're still out there. There're spriting boards out there, though, with lots of people making lots of cool stuff.

It took me forever to be able to sprite and draw as well on the computer as I do now. So don't get discouraged. My first sprite was a horrible recolor with horribly blended colors, awful contrast and terribly done added parts... I oughta dig it up just for phun. But yeah, I've come a long way since then. You really pick things up just playing around in paint. Like I learned how to shade things properly on accident... one of those light bulb moments, like "I wonder if this would work..." type dealies. Anyone can learn it really.