Gwyn, that rather handsome young man! (Lunart)

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Gwyn, that rather handsome young man! (Lunart)

Post by Ardekh »

I think I just coined a term.

20. What did Gwyn do long ago?

When he was young, he was a rather good-looking man. He himself says that he tracked down some ancient ruins, visited a few of them, and had a few adventures in the process. He probably met Hiro's parents on one of these adventures. In that time, he gathered extensive information on the Blue Spire and Blue Star.
Actually, it seems that he also met Nall...

That was posted by Alunissage in that Nall thread, I believe. Anyway, I said I *had* to draw it, so I guess I did.

.....well, I'd like to see YOUR attempt at making Gwyn handsome. ^_^

I also can't draw anything from the midriff down.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You know, your style reminds me a lot of Renn Inoue's. It's not exactly the same, but would I be wrong to wager that his artwork is an inspiration?

And the artwork is exceptional. ^_^
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Thanks very much! Wow, it's no insult to be compared with Renn Inoue at all. His artwork's definately an inspiration - I read Lunar Legacy a long time ago and've been a fan of his artwork ever since. Although I've given up hoping for the end of that particular fanfic. :D

Anyway, I think he's quite a bit older than me (I'm 16) so I can't be expected to be quite as good. I'm still learning. So thanks.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah. Renn unfortunately seems to have disappeared. He used to post here somewhat frequently, but it's been almost 2 years since he last posted I believe. I tried Emailing him 6-8 months ago and never heard back. He's probably disappeared for good.
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I was wondering what happened to him. Too bad about that - he was (is) a very talented artist.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

wow I like the pic, Thats prolly as close as you can get to try and make him handsome lol

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I try. :)

Now I want a game about Young Gwyn. It was hard to choose a hair color for him since you get no idea whatsoever.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You know, it's reminding me a little of one of Nall's EBC portraits. He looks kind of rough and ready, in a competent and practical way. What a pity Zophar didn't revive earlier so he could be the hero and help Lucia. ;)

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

The one of Nall in the booklet? Yeah, it's kind of like that. I think it would be cool if young Gwyn was the hero. :D

Newest pic, don't wanna spam up the boards with new topics.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, I like that one! My one concern is with the coloring of the cape lining, which doesn't quite seem to work. Might want to look for an example. You also seem to be a bit uncertain about what the color of the outside of it is, or its shape, perhaps. I'm not totally clear on that myself. I wondered at first about the foreshortening of his left (back) arm, but I think it's okay.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I like the bright colors and how the entire picture jumps out at you with life from the color. I guess I just like purdy colors. :P

But no, I really do like your style more than most.
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Thanks, you two! Oh, I was terribly confused about the cape's coloring. And I'm also terrible at drawing capes anyway. It's just that I can't look up a reference or anything because my drawing computer has no internet. I think his back arm's terrible, but I was hoping people would overlook that so I don't have to redraw it. :D Of course, if I want it to look good I'll have to do something about it...

His face and hands look all weird because, without a reference, I didn't know what his skin tone was, and I got it all wrong. So I recolored it on this computer, but I don't have any photoshop skills.

Oh, yeah. The reason I always do beast people is because I have problems with noses and ears, and this fixes the problem. ^_^

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, I think most of the cape's problems would be fixed by combining the black part with the shoulder bit, that is, removing the line between them and making the black part red. I know there's black in his cape but in the main it's red. (Apparently Kubooka didn't realized he was suppoed to be the White Knight or something.) That would only leave the inner lining to work on.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, the cape switches to blue in the epilogue for no apparent reason. You could always try his blue cape?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Leo's wardrobe change isn't random. He really had a crisis of character when he found out about the corruption of Althena's Cult and how his position was helping to imprison the dragons. Changing his clothing was a way to shed off his former role as the White Knight. Between when Zophar was defeated and when you encounter him in the epilogue, he spends a lot of that time contemplating; so, the idea to change his clothing might have come there. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not to mention how good he got at putting the mask on in Pentagulia and switching between Mystere and Leo so easily.

*snickers*
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

If you'll notice, the blue outfit Leo wears in the end is the same as he had in the scene with Mauri and Ronfar, where she drinks the Blood of Zophar. So he was probably aiming to regain some lost years.

Image Image

Anyway, when I go back to edit so his face will be more smooth, I'll attempt to fix the cape. Or make it just go straight down so I don't have to show anything.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'd take that as him resigning as the White Knight (or at least as one of the big four Heroes of Althena) and more or less going back to his previous life, akin to Alex and Luna reverting to their former outfits, or even Lucia to her shawl and stuff. Game characters rarely have that many sets of clothing, and the only places we see multiple outfits besides the above are in the bromides. And the sisters and Ghaleon in SSSC.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I believe I fixed the problem (and probably created quite a few new ones in the process!)

I like his blue outfit more, anyway. This one's too difficult.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lucia does quite a few costume changes.

She's formal till she gets new clothes, then goes Formal again before Pentagulia, stays formal till she breaks free, goes casual again till she hits the Spire, then goes formal again. ...Then she steals Hiro's cape. Which is apparently big enough to more or less cover her completely.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.