Lucia's Pendant

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Katze
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lucia's Pendant

Post by Katze »

Well, I've always like it, so I decided to draw it! I used Open Canvas for this.

Comments and/or critique would be appreciated.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

ohhhh I like. Its really good with it on the ground and not on a person, cus then you remember the emotional climax to the first EB ending

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hm, not bad. I like how the curve and highlighting of the outermost gold band is done. I'm concerned that the rest of it doesn't show the same angle and placement, though, and also that it's becomme very three-dimensional, instead of the black area being recessed into the pendant. I'd also suggest putting some shadow under the cord of the necklace since otherwise it's just kind of floating there.

Actually, I think most of the problems with the shape of the pendant would be solved by extending the "top" curve of the outermost gold part up to the other part, instead of having it be concealed by the black. It's the table-like black part which makes the orientation seem inconsistent, but the middle gold part is pretty much facing the same way as the outer gold part. Though to show it being flat the highlight might also need to be moved.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lucia's Pendant:
(I'd rather just have Lucia)

Oh, yeah. Artwork. Nicely rendered.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Alunissage wrote:Hm, not bad. I like how the curve and highlighting of the outermost gold band is done. I'm concerned that the rest of it doesn't show the same angle and placement, though, and also that it's becomme very three-dimensional, instead of the black area being recessed into the pendant. I'd also suggest putting some shadow under the cord of the necklace since otherwise it's just kind of floating there.

Actually, I think most of the problems with the shape of the pendant would be solved by extending the "top" curve of the outermost gold part up to the other part, instead of having it be concealed by the black. It's the table-like black part which makes the orientation seem inconsistent, but the middle gold part is pretty much facing the same way as the outer gold part. Though to show it being flat the highlight might also need to be moved.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but not until after I finished the picture...and by then I wasn't in the mood to fix it, sadly. Drawing with a mouse isn't exactly fun. >_>