New project, need assistance

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New project, need assistance

Post by phyco126 »

Several things. I'm working on a new project for the boards that involves the people who have been around for a while and still post alot, or those who just post alot. In other words, it involves all you regulars out there.

Now, the first thing I need, for those who want to participate, is gender. I could care less about A/S/L crap, all I want is if your male or female. Or an it, doesn't matter, I don't care. Now the older members don't matter, I know what they are, but this is for the newer regulars.

Second, I need someone who can draw a decent lightsaber to scale. It has to be small, and I need it shiny and glowy. I know you can do it in photoshop, so I pressume that whoever can kick butt in photoshop can make a good lightsaber. The lightsabers have to be small enough to fit L:L sprites. (Such as the one below)

Now, the sabers have to be done in BMP form, 24-bit, but 32 is preffered. I don't care who does it. If a hundred of you do them, more for me to pick from. Also, they have to be done on a white background, again in BMP form (easier editing for me, so NO JPEGS! ARGH!)

I request that I get a Dark Blue, Light Blue, Green, Red, Purpole, and Orange lightsabers. I'll also need the hilt of the lightsaber done when it isn't activated.

Now then, one last thing. Games that have sprites about the size of the one above. Needs to be a GBA game that has simple sprites for easy editing. I don't know of any other games that might have them, but any titles would be great.

Now then, that is all. Thanks for any help in advanced

Edit: By the way, you can send the lightsabers to my email: Phyco126@netzero.net

Any questions, send me an e-mail, but a PM is preffered

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

I'm afraid í can't help you, since I'm not good at photoshop and I don't know a game with sprites who have the same sizes as this one :P . but I think I post a lot, don't I? I'm male.
I think I kinda know what you wanna do. I'm sure others will help you. really cool project! :D
Last edited by SSSFan on Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, if I get no help that's no biggie, I'll just use the lightsabers (which suck, but at least they look like lightsabers) that I made, and I'll start handing out roles to people, and if the gender ends up wrong, well, too late now, they had their chance. I won't start for a week, then I'll have the first comic up. Right now I already have a teaser up in another part of these forums, but it's a hidden board, so I won't post it here for a couple of days.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I'll see what I can do and e-mail you what I have, but it probably won't be until tomorrow or the next day as I've been really sick and am not on the computer for a very long time. I'm not that great at Photoshop, but I'll see what I can do. :P

...and, I am male. >_>
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Okay, any is better than none, as long as they fit the sprite above, and they look like lightsabers, then it's all good. Any help is better than none :P

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

wow, this sounds really interesting. I can't help with the photoshop thing, but I am posting alot these days, i'm male as well

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'll hook you up with a lightsaber man. Give me 20 minutes.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sounds good :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

-G1

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Um I don't know if I count as a 'newer regular' but I'm a guy.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I'm also a guy for what it's worth. I'll also look into making a lightsaber or two.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

That's one hot lightsaber right there, G1.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Great. The more Lightsabers I have to work with, the better. Remember, different colors, and if you can make them at different angels, that would help to. Remember, have them as BMP on a white background for easier editing.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

really cool lightsaber G1. wow, that's in less than 20 min :P

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

For the record, I'm a dude.