My orchestral version of Lucia's Theme

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Lucia's Husband
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My orchestral version of Lucia's Theme

Post by Lucia's Husband »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhoJzvPVB1I

Hi everyone, I'm new here, though I've been lurking for a few months. I just had to register to share my arrangement of Lucia's Theme with you. I figure if anyone would appreciate this, it's the members here! Basically I re-envisioned Lucia's Theme as if it were a Final Fantasy ending theme, arranging it for orchestra and voice (though sadly not a real orchestra as I couldn't possibly afford that). I have mixed feelings about my vocal performance here, but I decided to sing it myself out of authenticity which in many ways I value more than technical performance quality. I hope you find it a worthwhile listen.

More about me: I'm pretty late to the party with the Lunar games, having only just played them four years ago for the first time. I wish I had played them much sooner! Very quickly, they earned a place among my all-time top favorite video games. And that's without any nostalgia figuring into it! I am somewhat surprised at the lack of Lunar music remixes out there, so of course I had to do my part to change that. Given that Lucia is my wife, I found it fitting to choose her theme as the subject to my arrangement. Since playing Lunar 2, I'm afraid that no game will ever resonate with me as much as it has, unless something about our culture changes to enable the production of more high quality "positive" games, for lack of a better word. The prevalence of "dark" games all trying to out-"dark" each other, this is just getting tiresome and doesn't add much value to society in my opinion.

Anyway, enjoy the music! I might do more vocal orchestrations later, but no guarantees at this point--this one took me the better half of a year to finish!
My music (not all Lunar-related): http://soundcloud.com/lontas

brit
White Dragon Knight

Re: My orchestral version of Lucia's Theme

Post by brit »

This is pretty good, and by that I mean amazing! ^o^
I really liked how you arrange the tune. It was a nice and refreshing change to a melody that I've known for quite awhile now.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

brit wrote:This is pretty good, and by that I mean amazing! ^o^
I really liked how you arrange the tune. It was a nice and refreshing change to a melody that I've known for quite awhile now.
Refreshing is a great way to put it. Wow! Just wow, really. I'll be coming back to listen to your version for years. It's wonderful to hear a familiar tune, like Brit has said, in a new way. Especially from something that brings me do much joy! This has warmed my heart, tonight. Thank you (:

Lucia's Husband
Meryod Yokel

Post by Lucia's Husband »

Thanks for the compliments, both of you! That means a lot.
My music (not all Lunar-related): http://soundcloud.com/lontas

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I liked the instruments, but I'm sorry to say that such a deep and grandiose voice doesn't suit the song for me... It sounds like you could make an awesome Christmas carol album, though!