Atelier Meruru - Battle with Airshatter

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Atelier Meruru - Battle with Airshatter

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Well, I'm going to call this one finished. This picture has been quite a journey for me, and I hope you all like it. ^_^

-Nobi

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Atelier Meruru - Battle with Airshatter

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Wow that's amazing! great job
I've only played the Atelier iris and Mana khemia (currently playing MK2) games, so far, i own Rorona and Meruru, and possibly totori (bough it on ebay, they sent me the wrong game, said they would send me the right one when i send it back, sent it back but stupid me forgot to get a tracking number, so don't know where it is if they got it or if they're going to return their part of the deal..... we will see soon) but can't play them because i don't own a ps3, yes i bough the games with out the system, since i loved the past ones so much lol
Do plan on doing more Atelier art i would LOVE to see more from you

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

It's been fun to watch you complete this picture, Nobiyuki! The final product looks absolutely stunning. I love all the detail you put into the picture! Not only the drawing itself, but the coloring as well. :)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

This is the one from your tutorial videos right? Looks fantastic!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Thanks! I had a lot of fun putting this one together, I plan to do some new Atelier fan art in the future. :) I first played games in the series on the PS3 and now I'm going back to play the Atelier Iris games and Mana Khemias 1+2. ^^
-Nobi

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

im doing my second run through mana khemia 2 right now, i liked it more then i though i would at first, but mostly because some of the voices are terrible and threw me off the game at first, luckly you can mute them but i ended up turning them back on anyways. I just love the game play.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Oh holy heck.. I just realized I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. No wonder I couldn't find this thread earlier... orz.

Can a Mod move it to the art forum?
-Nobi

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Hey Nobi, is Atelier Meruru any good? I've never played any of the Atelier games. After seeing your artwork, I kinda became interested in it.

Interestingly enough, Gamestop had just got a used copy of Atelier Meruru in today, and so on impulse I bought it. Will I enjoy it?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Dark_Fairy wrote:Hey Nobi, is Atelier Meruru any good? I've never played any of the Atelier games. After seeing your artwork, I kinda became interested in it.

Interestingly enough, Gamestop had just got a used copy of Atelier Meruru in today, and so on impulse I bought it. Will I enjoy it?
I actually did a very detailed thread on NeoGAF dedicated to the game if you're interested in perusing. My post is quite long and detailed, and the entire thread has a bunch of other tips and tricks to understanding the game. ^_^

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474168

The basic gist is that in many ways it resembles a normal JRPG, but in many other ways it's completely different. For one, it emphasizes replayability over a big epic story (the game has 10 endings) and the "True" ending can only be obtained on a New Game + (which carries over your equipment and nothing else). So in one playthrough it'll last around 20 hours, but that becomes a lot more when pursuing other endings. If this is your first Atelier game you may want to follow a guide the 2nd time through to learn how to get the endings. Atelier Meruru (and the entire PS3 library of Atelier games I might add) place a great deal of emphasis on Time Management. Everything takes a certain number of in-game "days", and a big part of the fun is learning the ins and outs of the system, figuring out how to do the most in the least amount of time. You're given an overall goal (3 years, but if you complete this goal it gives you another 2 years to get the best endings) and you have to do a number of smaller quests to develop the kingdom to build structures (pay attention to what each one unlocks) and make money to keep things going.

I've fallen in love with the series over the last couple of years, but it did take me a while to "understand" what the game was about (I actually got a bad ending the first time I played Atelier Rorona and had to start over! XD). I love it though, so I encourage you to give it a go. ^_^
-Nobi