Lunar Clandestine Legacy Demo

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Renn_Inoue
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Clandestine Legacy Demo

Post by Renn_Inoue »

Just an old game demo I made many, MANY years ago with RPGMaker2000. The font is no longer legible with modern systems, and some of the battles can be a buggy mess... but it's Lunar related. Kudos to you if you can get to the end of the demo. I get too many battle freezes with my current pc. But as long as you avoid battles it works? Yay... :lol:

http://caveman-games.com/Lunar%20Clande ... Legacy.rar

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: Lunar Clandestine Legacy Demo

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'll have to try this out when I get the chance cause I remember how much I loved reading through Clandestine Legacy back MANY, MANY years ago, so I'm curious as to how this demo plays out. I remember I was also sad that the story was never finished and then Geocities shut down. Luckily I recently rediscovered the website link so I can still go back and read it on the wayback machine though.

If I'm not being nosy or anything, can I ask why Clandestine Legacy was never finished? I'm guessing life just got in the way?

Renn_Inoue
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Renn_Inoue »

Yup, you got it. As life went on, things got busier, and I never had time to finish it. The BIG problem was the time it took to do the chapter illustrations. I just didn't have enough time to sketch, ink, and color 8-10 illustrations per chapter. Someone once suggested I just finish writing the story without the illustrations, but I feel like the illustrations made the story unique. If I ever get a chance to finish it someday, I'd like to continue it with the illustrations.

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful compliment. I feel bad you had to dig through broken links to try and find the story. I don't even think the later chapters had working image links, so here's a full copy:

http://caveman-games.com/lcl/lcl.html

Chapter 6 and 7 have some text bugs I didn't have time to fix, but feel free to copy and download what you'd like to keep. I'm ending this domain in mid-July though, so it will be gone by then. Just an FYI.

Thanks again! BTW, I enjoyed checking out your Deviantart illustrations. Great stuff!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Awesome! I'll have to try it out!
-Nobi

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I have to agree that the illustrations did make the story unique. I enjoyed the story by itself, but the illustrations are really what pulled me into the story back when I first read it. And thank you for that link! Yeah, a lot of the pictures were broken in the achieve, so it's really nice to see all the illustrations again! :)

Aww, and thanks for the compliment on my art! I'm certainly not the best artist in the world, but I am always trying to improve my art with each picture I create. :D