Me Chibified

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Pitch
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Me Chibified

Post by Pitch »

Wow. I must say looking at all this stuff here there are some talented artists here. ;) I'm not nearly as good as that, but I think this little chibi(well it's kinda big actually) isn't too terrible. I hope this's the right place to put it. Well,

<center>Image
Peace, lol</center>

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Awww, it's cute :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Cool. It looks like vector-based artwork created with a rastor based program. What did you make it in?

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

... o.o

Yeah, I really didn't get anything you said there. But, I drew it on paper, outlined it in Paint, then colored it in Paint Shop Pro 7.

Glad you like it though! ^-^

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Vectors are another form of digital art. Pixels are the most common (generally used in Photoshop, Paint, Paint Shop Pro, etc.) whereas vector graphics are found in programs like Macromedia Fireworks and Flash, and are line-based art. Which is why you don't see a lot of high-res digital photos, pictures, etc. in Flash.
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Sorry, the designer dork-speak just spilled out of me. Anyway, cool piece. How much does a copy of paint Shop Pro go for anyway? I haven't really used it, and so many people here create great stuff using it.

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

That's okay, I should've learned about vectors ages ago. Paint Shop Pro is fairly inexpensive software I think.. I wanna say you can get it for about $80. It's pretty neat.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm not certain I'm 100% correct on my definitions BTW. THat's just what I understood of it. I have no formal classes in most of the stuff, just some basic Macromedia/Adobe classes from a community college and all these websites I've worked on. PSP is definately an inexpensive alternative to Photoshop, but it's not as good on many levels. But considering how hard it is to afford Photoshop without an educational copy, PSP is the only way to go for some.

And meant to comment earlier, nice art!
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, vectors and bitmaps differ in how they describe an image, as I understand it. If I were to draw a circle in Paint or Photoshop, it would register as a collection of pixels colored black or whatever color. If you zoomed in you'd see it built of little squares, and if you enlarged it it would become, well, pixellated. But if you drew a circle in Illustrator or something else that uses vector graphics, it stores that information as a formula rather than a set of pixels which are colored...say, the location of the center of the circle, its radius, and its line thickness. If you enlarged it, the circle would be recalculated, since the radius had changed, and the redrawn figure would have the same resolution of the original and wouldn't be pixellated. It can be manipulated without loss of quality because it's redrawn according to the formula which describes the figure.

Raster is essentially synonymous with bitmap. When you rasterize a vector drawing, you're taking a snapshot of the figure as currently drawn and storing the description as a set of which pixels are colored what, losing the scalability that vector graphics have. More programs understand this format and effects can be produced which don't really work on vector drawings, but you no longer have the smooth manipulation of the vector graphic and risk pixellation if the size is changed.

Like G1, I'm not 100% certain of all this, but I'm pretty sure.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Right... vectors are the same as they are in calculus. Rather than being described as a point, they're described in terms of lines, allowing you to zoom in with almost no loss in quality. Nearly all fonts are described in vector terms, which is why you can increase font size greatly without them becoming pixelized. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

cool art. funny guy :P

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

I wonder if I hadn't asked about vectors if anyone would've posted here. lol

I went 'n read all about vector graphics after GhaleonOne explained 'em a little. So yeah. I got it. But thanks for explaining it. Lot easier to understand than what I read. :wink: