Nameless!!!!!~

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Rego
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Nameless!!!!!~

Post by Rego »

New

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

What's the quote say? It looks like it says "Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love." Or is it, "but never doubt I loved."?

Where did the quote come from?

It's a nice picture, I like the black roses she is, at least I think she is, smelling.

To me, it seems that she lost someone, probably her mate, as she has the black roses and is crying, then the quote about love. Seems like perfect sense to me.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Winter Solstice... Time... Charli? Some of the words I cannot make out, but they generally seem to suggest the passage of time.

What got me the most about this might be a small point, or it might be your intention. 'Doubt truth to be a liar...' is ambiguous to me. Maybe it's because it's Shakespearean. Some of his archaic writing bemuses me. >_<

Either it means that, in order to become a liar, I must only doubt truth, or that one must question that truth lies. I think you intend the latter, as that makes more sense to me.

As for everything as a whole, the roses... the smelling of them... roses typically are seen as an expression of love, and a black rose as a symbol of farewell or loss. Combined with the passage of time, this brings to mind a celebration of love...okay, despite all of this loss, the way that the woman sniffs the flowers, a satisfied or maybe even inebriated expression, and the quote, which implies that, though even truth can be questioned, her ability to love must not be. That despite the passage of time, and all the goodbyes of life, love lasts.

The spatial background would attest to this, the starscape being like infinity, representing the largest passages of time we know.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Sonic, you got it, exactly as I wanted it. It could not have been said better any other way. GOOD JOB!

Here is number two, make this one out.

Quote:
Doubt thou the stars are on fire;
Doubt thou the sun doth move

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The first half of the quote! I was trying to find it, and finally was able to after an internet search. Hamlet! Polonius reads aloud a letter from Hamlet to Ophelia, and those words are in it. Act II, Scene II, if anyone wants some context to go with it. Polonius and the queen are discussing Hamlet's madness.

This one is tough. To my eyes, there's less to go by. I'm trying to make out what that is on her neck. It looks like a slipper, or a boat, but I'm not sure.

The woman depicted in this is beautiful, by the way. It brings to mind a goddess. All this is personal interpretation now, but she reminds me of Persephone. So fair, but yet sorrowful, because she must go to live with Hades for part of the year. The mark on the neck could be a taint, a show of the seeds that she swallowed, or if it's actually a boat, the ferry that Charon operates.

Without the accompaniment of the second half of the quote, the first half actually seems rather a command to despair. To doubt all the things that are good that happen above. And so she has no choice but to look downward, her tears leaving a trail. Maybe... this one has the opposite meaning of the first?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

I love your art its so emotional

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Thankyou very much.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

No, thankyou for sharing your art with us^^